The New Forum

Comment on this site; suggest improvements; be firm but polite.
margamatix

The New Forum

Post by margamatix »

Personally, I'm not entirely convinced that the "Terrorists In The White House" forum makes a positive contribution to the site, and I wonder if anybody else had any opionion on it?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Well, it is a bit off topic. However my "personal" opinion for what it's worth is: -
"Lee Harvey Oswald! Where are you now your country needs you?"

comments contributed need not necessarily reflect those of my wife, or even me at any other time than now and especially not at half three in the morning when normally the state of my bladder is what I find most captivating
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

I'm just hoping no one notices what country I'm from until after 2008, at the least. That is, if we can get to 2008 with that nutcake president of mine.
Bent Copper

Post by Bent Copper »

Interesting answer. So why did he create atheists then?

Why would he create people who don't believe in him, only to send them to hell for not believing.

Is this further proof that God doesn't exist?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Quietly worried

Post by badpenny »

I'm quite concerned about Guest he appears to be answering himself and even disagreeing openly with his previous comments!
Bent Copper

Post by Bent Copper »

Anonymous wrote:To suggest that this diatribe has any place here is nonsense- it cheapens and degrades the whole site. Please save this nonsense for Usenet.
I think that's the whole point, to demonstrate how silly this off-topic rubbish is.

As somebody said, if we can have a "Terrorists In The White House" forum on here, then we might as well have forums about anything. :mad:
margamatix

Post by margamatix »

"Another Guest", if you look at the description of the feedback forum, it says
Comment on this site; suggest improvements; be firm but polite.
Which is what everybody so far hs been doing, apart from the one poster whose insults have included the following...
So either you are'nt clever enough to understand this thread...which I have now simply explained to you...or are just another smart ass adding no value to anything..apart from the dubious value of being a smart ass
GROW UP. Maybe you just don't get the chance to whinge
; does your mommy know you're up this late?

The people who have posted to this thread seem to hold pretty much the same opinion as I do, and have stated their opinions in a mature and polite manner, apart from you who seems to think that ad hominem attacks against other members are an effective way of getting your point across. Believe me, they aren't.
margamatix

Post by margamatix »

Let me try to sum the situation up as I see it.

There are many things in this world more important than slot machines. In Africa, little brown babies die of starvation every day, for want of a meal which would cost less than a new ball for my allwin. In China, people are executed in public after a thirty-minute trial which would not satisfy even the most basic European requirements of justice. In the UK, terrified pensioners voluntarily go to prison in protest about Council Tax rises.

All of these things are worthy of discussion. But not here. This is a forum about slot machines. "Terrorists in the White House" is a subject which is not even worthy of a post here, and yet it has a whole forum of its own. Not only that, but it is the first forum a visitor will open, before nodding his head slowly, saying "yeeeeesssss", and then moving quickly on.

Nobody- but nobody- is going to visit a site about slot machine preservation and say "Right, I'll just watch this 2 hours long and dreadful quality video by former Republican and LAPD narcotics detective Michael Ruppert about the WTC bombings before I ask how to unjam my one-armed bandit".

It is precisely because we care about this site and appreciate all of the work that has gone into it that we are so concerned about what is happening.

Hopefully, I will go to sleep tonight and when I wake up, this post, along with the entire thread and the "Terrorists in the White House" forum will simply have disappeared.

Just my thoughts!
Bent Copper

Post by Bent Copper »

margamatix wrote:Just my thoughts!
And very good ones. The administrator's absence and lack of intervention in this continues to baffle me. Does anybody know if he's gone away or something? Has anybody seen him recently? Has his computer broken? Does he have strong views on American politics? Has somebody else hijacked the forum?

Questions questions.......... :?
margamatix

Post by margamatix »

Yes, but what has this got to do with slot machines?
Bent Copper

Post by Bent Copper »

It's your site, and you can do what you like with it, but whether it is wise to do so is another matter. I'm with margamatix on this one. I think you're not doing yourself any favours by putting this rant on here, and it makes the site look cheap and tacky. It's not even an American site.

If you must put it on, might I suggest you create a separate forum for off-topic posts and put it on there.

I thought the following comments were quite funny though:
I never intended to talk politics
I have zero tolerance for Spam
In my view it would be perverse not to make use of this site to ring an alarm bell that has been chiming on countless other websites since 9/11.
I was made aware of this topic because I stumbled across it on the internet. Other media are not covering it.
Why doesn't that surprise me?
If anyone thinks there's something the rest of the collector community might like to know about it won't be removed or censored because it's not about slot machines.
Ah right. So where do we post all this off-topic stuff then? Seeing as how there's no forum for it.