New, faster server

A message to you...
pennymachines
Site Admin

New, faster server

Post by pennymachines »

The website was recently transferred to a new server (in Chicago) using solid state drives in place of the old hard disc drives. You should notice a distinct improvement in page loading time and hopefully it will end the CPU allocation issue.
The transfer of your hosting account has been completed successfully and now your sites and applications are hosted in a super modern data center facility in downtown Chicago on a cloud server developed entirely by us.

Our cloud hosting platform is designed to eliminate any slow speeds or network downtimes you'd normally face on a standard shared hosting platform.

Here is a short list of the benefits you will take advantage of on the new platform:

enhanced service stability – we have minimized the servers' vulnerability to hack/DDoS attacks by storing applications, emails and databases on a few machines instead of just one
faster servers – we have increased the network bandwidth to 10 Gbits, which means better server connectivity and hence better speeds for your sites
faster maintenances – by ensuring spare servers, we have simplified server maintenance procedures and hence minimized frustrating service interruptions and downtimes
migration to SSDs – which are much faster and more durable than the regular HDDs.
web accelerators (Memcached, Varnish, Node.js) – we’ve added tools that will speed up your websites significantly.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: New Server

Post by badpenny »

Fantastic Mr P, I've always wanted to go to Chicago, and as for having my nodes varnished?....... it's like all my birthdays have come at once.