Somebody knows... Maybe you?
Englishman11

Shefras Crackerjack & BMCo Smithy

Postby Englishman11 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:32 pm

Hi Guys - As the self proclaimed "master" on the German machines I am now seeking help with a Crackerjack Allwin. I bought this from a Dutch Collector and was "working" when bought - you know the story! - It is missing the whole selector mech from the centre rear, will work but only pays out the 2d , no 4d or 6d payout.. I had a similar Crackerjack which had a sort of rotor with numbers and a gear and pawl arrangement - in the boss of the gear wheel was a series of holes into which went the rod from the right ( correct me if I'm wrong) - these lined up with the rod when in a win position. there was a similar machine sold on ebay a month or so ago, anyone know about it as I would like pics so I could make the necessary parts unless someone has one I could copy ? - As they say "I've started so I'll finish " so I would like to get this sorted pretty quickly - Please someone help this 74 yrs old frustrated engineer .. Take care - Harold E.
Cr Jack 1.JPG
Cr Jack 2.JPG

slotalot

Re: Crackerjack Allwin Selection Mechanism

Postby slotalot » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:39 pm

Hi Harold :D ,
I don't know much about the Crackerjack allwin but this photo might be of help !PUZZLED!
good luck Stuart.
crackerjack 1.jpg
crackerjack 1.jpg (21.74 KiB) Viewed 3008 times

Englishman11

Postby Englishman11 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:30 pm

Hi Stuart - That's my boy ! Clearer now, just mystified how the levers operate under the drum - I could make the parts but sometimes you are on the wrong track, wish I just had one to copy BUT at least I have a good idea . My other one years ago was a Crackerjack De Luxe and it had a large vertical disc with numbers whereas this has the horizontal drum which I have never seen before ... spending too much time on my lovely German machines I guess ?? - Many thanks for your trouble - Harold

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:31 pm

Hi Harold,

The only one I can lay my hands on at the moment is similar I think to the "De Luxe" you mentioned, and therefore probably of no help. But here it is anyway. I'm sure someone reading this must have the standard version.
Crackerjack2.jpg
Crackerjack-M1.jpg
Crackerjack-M2.jpg

jimmycowman

Postby jimmycowman » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:02 pm

have you finished that machine yet harold?? :roll:

JC

Here's One We Made Earlier

Postby JC » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:29 am

Copied from One we made earlier - Site Admin.

Robert Rowland wrote a very interesting and informative piece for issue 53, in which he discussed the two different versions of Extrawin and Crackerjack, both machines by Amusement Machine Mart.
Here are the pictures:
Extrawin detail.jpg
Detail of the earlier version of Extrawin.
Extrawin 2 detail.jpg
Detail of the later version of Extrawin.
Crackerjack detail.jpg
Detail of the earlier version of Crackerjack.
Crackerjack mech. 1.jpg
Mechanism of the earlier version of Crackerjack.
Crackerjack 2.jpg
The later version of Crackerjack.
Crackerjack mech. 2.jpg
Mechanism of the later version of Crackerjack.

polaris

Smithy & Crackerjack - new additions

Postby polaris » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:33 pm

Topic merged - Site Admin.

Hi,
Help once again much appreciated. Never had an interest before in wall machines, always been more bandits, but decided to dip my toes in this collectable minefield. Anyway, after a 500 mile round trip I arrived home with these two pieces which I am delighted with. Both work well but, as is evident, the top flash is missing from Crackerjack and am not 100% sure about the knob on left. My question is, where would I begin to search for the top window or is it possible to make one? If so, what does it look like?
Thanks again in advance for any advice.
DSC_4314.JPG
DSC_4358.JPG

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: new additions

Postby badpenny » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:33 pm

If you access the "Search" facility at the top of this page and look for crackerjack you'll come up with a few previous threads that include your machine there are comments on the case furniture used and a video also.

Your "The Smithy" is probably one of the reproductions made some years back. Others more aware may be more exact on that.

BP

pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Smithy & Crackerjack - new additions

Postby pennymachines » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:36 pm

As BP says, your Smithy was made a few years ago by a collector based in Banbury. It's quite an accurate copy of the British Manufacturing Co. Gretna-Green Smithy wall machine (see example here in the Museum).

I've put a cleaned-up scan of the Crackejack in Resources. These fragile screen printed glasses are often missing. The print is on the reverse of the glass which is cut to fit into a recess. They're designed to be back lit if desired (but rarely are).

polaris

Re: Smithy & Crackerjack - new additions

Postby polaris » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:17 pm

Thanks for info. Never gave it a thought when I bought them that Smithy might be a copy. Quite happy with purchase nonetheless, as it is still pleasing to the eye and, although on closer inspection there are a few tell tale signs, it still has an aged look and feel about it. When would you suggest this was made and is it a fairly common thing to look out for when buying these machines?
Regarding Crackerjack, how do I go about turning image in resources into print for machine :!?!: