Post by riche100 »

b_160134.jpg

b_160254.jpg

As it is, what's it worth please?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: aristocrat machine

Post by badpenny »

Whatever the new buyer is prepared to pay. Not helpful answer I'm afraid but true.
We do get asked this question now and again and it depends on: -
* Demand
*Condition
*Is it complete?...mechanically? .....Locks/keys?...... Lights? ..... other electrics?
*Does it work?
*Any nasty sounds?
*How far away from you is it?

There is no hard and fast answer I'm afraid.
There is one on the market now at £350.
I sold two at the Summer Auction in Coventry in much better condition than your photo with top boxes, keys and jackpots one went for £80 and I think the other was £70.

BP
riche100

Post by riche100 »

Sorry for my super vague description.

No keys, has locks but they are open, missing power lead (unless I find it), working but needs a clean and overhaul. It's dirty and dusty . give it a wash and brush up would look lot better :)

I know I need to put in marketplace if I want to sell it - it has to be sold. I have more pictures of it.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

You're right if you want to sell it here please go through the proper channels. You might want to consider auctioning it and let it find its true value..

Good luck

BP :cool:
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Putting it in the Auction is the perfect answer. I'll have a little bid for sure.
tazmantic

Post by tazmantic »

I might well too, depending on where you are :D
riche100

Post by riche100 »

Oh, so there is love for it? I am in between Derby and Nottinghamshire.

I have 3 other one armed bandits in my collection, and this was another I had come across. I have no place for it in my collection, so decided I would see if I could pass it on, as it were.
I will try and access the sale section if I can work out how to do it.

Regards,

Richard.
riche100

Post by riche100 »

I tried sticking it in the marketplace and it says my password is incorrect?

Can anyone advise please? Bit frustrating not being able to list it without issue :(
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

You need to set up an Auction/Market account. Register by clicking Join and fill out your details including address and phone number.
riche100

Post by riche100 »

Thought I'd joined it. I will try again, see what happens. When folks say auction it, do they mean ebay or does the marketplace have an auction feature?
youngerap

Post by youngerap »

Click on the 'Auction' tab in the pane on the left hand side of this screen. That will take you to the PennyMachines auction feature where you should then register by clicking on the 'Join' option at the top of the screen.

Hope this helps and all the best with the sale!

Alan
riche100

Post by riche100 »

Thank you.

ALL ITEMS NOW IN AUCTION AREA.

Further full pictures here: Bargains in the Pennymachines Auction?
and here: http://www.dropshots.com/febuary
Last edited by riche100 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Nice to see the Aristo on the auction page, but have to say you're wrong about the unfriendy auction page. I used it for the first time to auction the Little Duke two weeks ago and it could not have been easier !PUZZLED!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

What was the outcome of your auction Paul? I missed it.
riche100

Post by riche100 »

coppinpr wrote:Nice to see the Aristo on the auction page, but have to say you're wrong about the unfriendy auction page. I used it for the first time to auction the Little Duke two weeks ago and it could not have been easier
Tried to upload just 4 pics, wouldn't let me ...said resize this and that ... with 3 auctions all with a lot more than 4 pictures to show - too much of a headache.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

aristomatic wrote:I'm presuming that like the other two items remaining, the Western auction listing also had a buyitnow option as the other two still have?
Correct. It's the first time the Buy it Now feature was used.
badpenny wrote:What was the outcome of your auction Paul? I missed it.
See Closed auctions from the last 100 days
riche100 wrote:Tried to upload just 4 pics, wouldn't let me ...said resize this and that ... with 3 auctions all with a lot more than 4 pictures to show - too much of a headache.
I'm sorry you found it too difficult. You should only need to resize if your filesizes are too large to upload in a reasonable time. Anyway, I'm thankful for the feedback and know the Auction/Market needs improving. I plan to replace it with a smoother more integrated system.
riche100

Post by riche100 »

That's just it, sometimes, in fact I know, the more you show the better. It gives folk less opportunity to say, "Well I didnt see this and that and it's not what I expected." So 4 pics isn't really alot of pics to allow for a machine, as you have all 4 sides to picture and inside the machine and any special features or damage etc., etc.

Also, when you've already got the pics, you go through it all, downloading them to the forum... you wait and wait, you click 'add' or 'upload', can't think which, and it just says 'files too big over 4000 summut, you can't add them.'

So you must go away, resize then come back, etc., etc...

The auction place is a good forum and facility. It's prob just me moaning, after all, it was free and I have sold a machine already and had a bid, so can't be that bad.

Thanks for replying :)
coppinpr

Re: Aristocrat machine

Post by coppinpr »

Just my view, but I don't see the Auction page in quite that way. When I put the Duke on, I put as much info as needed to attract people then redirected them to the auction section of the Forum where it was easy to put videos, photos, and for people to ask questions and for me to answer them. The resizing of photos is actually a plus for the seller as it saves so much time uploading the photos. It's not necessary to leave the Forum to resize them - just drop into Photoshop or something like it. Takes less than a few seconds. I actually expected the Auction page to be limited. Most are on other sites, but we on the forum have the bonus of being able to move quickly to the forum auction section where other sites do not.

The Duke I was selling didn't sell, but it got to 1400 pounds! (just 400 short of the reserve if anyone's interested) but the page worked very well and all the bidders seemed happy with the info available. Needs a few tweaks, but not a lot I feel. Keep it simple and add a link to the forum auction section. !!THUMBSX2!!
riche100

Re: Aristocrat machine

Post by riche100 »

2 x updated pics:
b_132243.jpg

b_132252.jpg

It needs a clean, then again, I bet the dirt and grime is protecting it :)
riche100

aristocrat arcadian

Post by riche100 »

Topic merged - Site Admin.

Right, dunno if this is the right thing to do, but I am going to do it anyway.
I've got an Arcadian Aristocrat on the auction site and it's not selling too well at all, so is may as well find room and keep it.

Here are the issues: I pull the lever and the reels spin. I have no reel brakes (i.e., I don't hear the 'click click click' as the fingers engage with the reels), and I don't think the butterfly is working. I will take a pictures and videos as I am keen to fix it now to be honest. :)