What the dickens are these?

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

What the dickens are these?

Post by badpenny »

What with my van being off the road again I thought I'd go through my cardboard box of junk ....... errrr ... I mean my treasure chest of spares. Whereas most of the stuff in there I either know the origins of or couldn't give a toss about I found the following which fit into neither category.

Who can enlighten us all as to where, when and how?

This appears to be a coin firing device. The coin sits in the seat half way along (although how it gets there is a mystery) Then you pull the plunger at the bottom and let go.  The coin fires out of the top.
This appears to be a coin firing device. The coin sits in the seat half way along (although how it gets there is a mystery) Then you pull the plunger at the bottom and let go. The coin fires out of the top.

Some sort of ratchet driven disc with a gap in it, perhaps to allow the coin to fall through?  The arm doesn't move and is rigidly fixed to the casting.  However the central gap suggests it guides a moving link?
Some sort of ratchet driven disc with a gap in it, perhaps to allow the coin to fall through? The arm doesn't move and is rigidly fixed to the casting. However the central gap suggests it guides a moving link?

I think this is the simple bit of a Stevenson & Lovett Fireworks Allwin
I think this is the simple bit of a Stevenson & Lovett Fireworks Allwin

Your comments and advice please........

BP
raj

Re: What the dickens are these?

Post by raj »

hi BP, the ratchety thing looks like a jackpot feature from a modded Mills I once had. The slot fits into a pin on a vertical cam adjacent to one of the payout slide kickers and when said slide operates,the cam moves and the cogs engage and give multiple wins until the cycle completes. It never worked on mine, so I took it out. Or it could be a bit of old Sturmey Archer bike gear change?
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Regarding that coin shooter, the worn plating in front and around the coin hole would indicate the player places it there themselves. Could it be from a Shove Ha' Penny game? What coin does this take please?

UPDATE* just remembered seeing something much like this 20 years ago in a local collection. Was UK made tabletop machine that fired a coin across the playfield with a plunger shot, then you could reset the playfield after each turn, so a trade stimulator.
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

I'm have no idea about the bottom two but I'm pretty sure the top item is a rare do-it-yourself circumciser.

J Peterson
American Sexologist !SMARTY!
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

John T Peterson wrote:I'm pretty sure the top item is a rare do-it-yourself circumciser
I think Mr BP will be rather circumspect about that John. !!HIDING!!
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

what the dickens are these for?? [same theme ish} what the heck did they put these on for? on the pay out knob on allwins??? all they do is get your fingers stuck and small kids carnt turn the pay out?????
Attachments
010920131354.jpg
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

jimmycowman wrote:what the dickens are these for?? [same theme ish} what the heck did they put these on for? on the pay out knob on allwins??? all they do is get your fingers stuck and small kids carnt turn the pay out?????
It was to make it harder to spin the payout knob fast and get the machine to payout twice,....or even more times :oops:
grabber

Post by grabber »

i think picture two is a part from a golf ball vender one arm bandit