Rock-ola 1930s pinball parts

General vintage slot machine related topics.
pennyforyourthoughts

Rock-ola 1930s pinball parts

Post by pennyforyourthoughts »

Hello

I have recently acquired a reasonably complete Rokola Worlds' Fair Jigsaw pinball machine, but do not have the ball lift assembly. Does anyone have a spare one which they are willing to sell, or is anyone willing to let me have a look at one or let me have photos /sketch of how the lift arm works ( I have a photo of the assembly taken from the other side of the case but cannot see what the lifting part of the assembly looks like as it is hidden by the rest of the assembly). The other missing component is the original coin slide. I have a vintage Essex slide but would prefer an original if anyone has one to sell.

Thanks

Pennyforyourthoughts
gameswat

Re: Rokola worlds' Fair Jigsaw Ball Lift mechanism

Post by gameswat »

Have you checked out the Buckwerx website for repro and original Rockola pin parts yet? He took over the business when Hal O'Rouke died and is doing a great job keeping it running and improving supplies. http://rockola.buckwerx.com/index.html
pennyforyourthoughts

Wow-that was a fast reply, thanks for the info, I didn't know that they had taken over from Hal O'Rorke, but glad to see that they have. The part is not listed, but I will contact them and see what they say.

I will post any info that I get back.

Thanks again
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Good luck with it and well done on acquiring that great little pintable. If you get stuck and can make it to the Birmingham area, I can show you the mech disassembled.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I have, in my spares box, the casting that sits in the bottom right hand side and covers the ball plunger. It has the graduations for you to measure how back you've pulled it.

BP
pennyforyourthoughts

Hello and thanks very much for the reply, yes I am really pleased to get hold of the game, I have been looking for some time now, and the one which I have managed to get hold of is really not too bad, the jigsaw itself is a bit tatty and a bit rusty in places, but I am looking at keeping the originals and using a product called Lazertran to make new waterside transfers for a new set using a "Photoshopped" copy which is on the Hal O' Rorke website- hope it works!

Also thanks for the offer of coming to have a look at the lifter assembly. I may well take you up on that, I am waiting for a reply from Buckwerx at the moment so may be in touch if they cannot supply and nobody else responds.
ilovemyjukebox

Re: Rockola World's Fair Jigsaw ball lift mechanism

Post by ilovemyjukebox »

Not sure where you live but I'm north of London and have a Jigsaw if its closer. You are more than welcome to come and have a look at mine.

Dave
pennyforyourthoughts

Hi Dave
Thanks very much for the offer, I am in Luton.

I have had some success with Buckwerx who are very helpful and may have a couple of the parts.

I will contact you again in a while if I may, when I have an idea of what may still be required.
ilovemyjukebox

Post by ilovemyjukebox »

No problem... I'm in Stevenage so just up the road..
scorpa163

Rockola Jigsaw parts

Post by scorpa163 »

Topic merged - Site Admin.

Struggling to post an advert in the market will not accept my username or password.
I require the ball plunger casting showing the spring preload strength and the wording
" score void if tilted ". Plunger also required.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Rockola jigsaw parts

Post by badpenny »

I imagine you are trying to log into The Market with your Forum I.D. and password. There is a requirement to register separately Click Here .... follow the link
If not and you have already registered for The Market, then it's probably bu99ered.

However I am also the bearer of further news of various joy expectations for you.
I am astonished if not flaggerbastard to inform you that I am the owner of the actual casting that your heart desires.
I don't have the plunger, but your birthdays don't all arrive at once and it would of course be unreasonable to expect them to.
To be honest it probably wouldn't be too trifficult to adapt another one to fit. The casting of course requires the proper item.
So am I prepared to let it go? ....... of course.
When? ...... ah! The part in question is over 160 mile round trip away. Hopefully I'll get over there before Christmas, but I can't guarantee.
scorpa163

Post by scorpa163 »

Wow BP . It's my birthday on 26 of November. Can you bring the part to Coventry so I can buy a present for myself.
I was trying to log into the market with my normal user/password .I now know to register separately
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

You can of course (and should) buy yourself a birthday present from The Coventry Auction, regardless of it being on your birthday.
However, and sadly, it won't be the Jigsaw casting, but only for the reasons I gave in my previous post.

I promise I shan't do what we have witnessed many a time, whereby somebody enquiries about an obscure part and then miraculously one appears on The Bay with a starting price of "Shed Loads of Maloolah"

On this occasion it has your name on it, I have no need for it. It will be yours. It will be cost effective for us all if you can wait until I have to go over there to collect other crap ( Collectible Resources And Parts) otherwise the petrol costs and wear and tear on my helicopter would make it a lot more expensive and I doubt you'd get much change out of half a crown.

BP
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

DaVinci built BP's helicopter for him,they were close friends,DaVinci was a lot younger of course :lol:
jingle

Post by jingle »

If you don't get sorted
Off bp
Get back to me
I have a lot of parts off rockola jigsaws
I do have the casting your after but it's an old recast

Funny enough I have a jigsaw on my van for sale
That's going to newark runway Monday in the morning
We'll it's the last 2 from mablethorpe
Am getting rid of
I thought these were the best 2 I was keeping
But time to shift some stuff
Wife says !!UHOH!!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Rockola Jigsaw parts

Post by badpenny »

scorpa163 you may be better off talking to Bob (Jingle) he is known to be more dependable than me. Not only does he have a better idea of where his treasures are but they tend to be near to where he lives.
As for mine? Gawd knows!
Next time I'm going over to pick up stuff I'll announce it on here anyway. Alternatively I may announce it on "Canal & Rivercraft Forum" or more likely on "PVC Leisurewear.co.uk" as I probably won't remember who/where was asking about it.
scorpa163

Post by scorpa163 »

Badpenny, I would rather buy an original if possible. Will see you on Sunday and see what we can arrange. There are several nice machines on offer so will be there.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

OK chap make yourself known to me.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I've been gone and got it.
If you want to me email me through the forum and I'll send you a couple of photos.
coppinpr

Missing Rock-Ola Jigsaw part

Post by coppinpr »

Topic moved & merged - Site Admin.

Starting to look at the Rock-Ola Jigsaw I bought at Coventry. Very little needs doing, mostly changing Phillips screws for proper ones (should have bid on those chrome screws at the auction). One part is definitely missing - the top half of the surround on the plunger. Does anyone any know where I could get this made (or can anyone here make it?) I've found this photo that shows off the missing part quite well. Strangely, the machine in the photo is missing the correct bottom half.
Attachments
parts1.jpg
parts1.jpg (51.76 KiB) Viewed 4369 times