Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
jubileeriviera1

Genco Airport pinball machine

Postby jubileeriviera1 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:35 pm

Topic merged - Site Admin.

Hi! Has any other member got one of these (Genco Airport pinball) machines? I'm looking to restore but have no idea on old electrics.
Has anyone any legs for sale for this model of machine (not with machine)?
Has anyone got the balls I would need (have them but all rusty).
Or anyone selling the rubber or know what the rubbers I need are called?

Any help appreciated. Willing to pay.

Also any information on origination of this machine, like was it based on a specific airport etc.?
Or any pictures from anyone with a minted one?
Thanks,
Kev.

jimmy55

Re: genco airport pinball machine

Postby jimmy55 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:38 pm

Hi Kev ....I have one that I am restoring. See some of my (slow) progress here http://www.endofthepier.co.uk/airport.html

I'll PM you my e-mail address and we can compare notes. I actually managed to stabilize the flaky paint on the playfield over xmas and have nearly finished two new legs for it so I have dimensions etc if its any help....all the best, jim

My previous thread and some useful info is here ... (merged above - Site admin.)

pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Genco pinballs

Postby pennymachines » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:47 pm

jubileeriviera1 wrote:...Has anyone any legs for sale for this model of machine...
Hi jubileeriviera1. Can you place your 'Wanted' request in the Market please (separate registration required).
It is free to do so.
Currently our policy is no For Sale or Wanted notices in the Forum (see User Agreement).

Would you also please keep CAPS LOCK off when typing. !PRAY!!
Thank you,
Site Admin.

You've probably already found the IPDB Genco Airport page.
Wooden pinball legs like those below regularly appear for at the Elephant House auctions, apparently from a large stock of them.
99.jpg

slotalot

Postby slotalot » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:22 am

Hi jubileeriviera1 :cool:
welcome to the mad house :lol:
Can I ask what part of the country you are in?? might be able to help you with the electrics if you can get it to me... !!THUMBSX2!! .

jimmy55

Postby jimmy55 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:51 am

Stuarts knowledge of Selenium Rectifiers is second to none!

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:56 am

All I know about Selenium Rectifiers is that they stink like hell if you crack one. :#:

We're really going to miss Stuart when he wins the lottery and starts collecting desert islands instead :-(

jingle

Postby jingle » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:01 pm

Stuart hello mate it's bob
Remember the 2 pinballs I need doing
Thanks
Jingle

jimmy55

Postby jimmy55 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:11 pm

I'm about to start looking at the electrics on mine now that the playfield is stabilised.
Is it wise to start at the transformer? Its got some surface rust but looks sound. I was thinking about disconnecting it from the machine checking the voltages on the secondary side with a meter when I apply the mains power. What sort of tolerance is there with nominal voltages on transformers?

JC

Postby JC » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:44 pm

What sort of tolerance is there with nominal voltages on transformers?
With no load, the output should be more or less what it says on the tin. If you're measuring the output from a rectifier (and associated components - capacitor(s), and maybe a choke) then there will be a slight voltage drop, and of course will be DC.
However, a more meaningful reading will be taken with a load. If you're not sure about leaving the transformer connected in situ, then disconnect and wire-up a temporary load - e.g. if it's a 12v transformer, wire a 12v bulb across it. If you notice a significant voltage drop, then you have a problem!

jimmy55

Postby jimmy55 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:08 pm

@ JC Many thanks thats really helpful, I'll take it one component at a time, its not an area that I have a lot of knowledge in!

@ jubileeriviera1
bumper.jpg
Is this the bumper you are missing?
DSCF0878.JPG
DSCF0876.JPG
legs.jpg
Mine came with a selection of legs. I think the bottom two are the originals. Oak 34" long and 1 3/4" square section with two appropriate holes for the coach bolts. Simple radius at the top and two front edges chamfered.