Genco pinball machines

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
jubileeriviera1

Genco Airport pinball machine

Post by jubileeriviera1 »

Topic merged - Site Admin.

Hi! Has any other member got one of these (Genco Airport pinball) machines? I'm looking to restore but have no idea on old electrics.
Has anyone any legs for sale for this model of machine (not with machine)?
Has anyone got the balls I would need (have them but all rusty).
Or anyone selling the rubber or know what the rubbers I need are called?

Any help appreciated. Willing to pay.

Also any information on origination of this machine, like was it based on a specific airport etc.?
Or any pictures from anyone with a minted one?
Thanks,
Kev.
jimmy55

Re: genco airport pinball machine

Post by jimmy55 »

Hi Kev ....I have one that I am restoring. See some of my (slow) progress here [url]http://www.endofthepier.co.uk/airport.html[/url]

I'll PM you my e-mail address and we can compare notes. I actually managed to stabilize the flaky paint on the playfield over xmas and have nearly finished two new legs for it so I have dimensions etc if its any help....all the best, jim

My previous thread and some useful info is here ... (merged above - Site admin.)
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Genco pinballs

Post by pennymachines »

jubileeriviera1 wrote:...Has anyone any legs for sale for this model of machine...
Hi jubileeriviera1. Can you place your 'Wanted' request in the Market please (separate registration required).
It is free to do so.
Currently our policy is no For Sale or Wanted notices in the Forum (see User Agreement).

Would you also please keep CAPS LOCK off when typing. !PRAY!!
Thank you,
Site Admin.

You've probably already found the IPDB Genco Airport page.
Wooden pinball legs like those below regularly appear for at the Elephant House auctions, apparently from a large stock of them.
99.jpg

slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Hi jubileeriviera1 :cool:
welcome to the mad house :lol:
Can I ask what part of the country you are in?? might be able to help you with the electrics if you can get it to me... !!THUMBSX2!! .
jimmy55

Post by jimmy55 »

Stuarts knowledge of Selenium Rectifiers is second to none!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

All I know about Selenium Rectifiers is that they stink like hell if you crack one. :#:

We're really going to miss Stuart when he wins the lottery and starts collecting desert islands instead :-(
jingle

Post by jingle »

Stuart hello mate it's bob
Remember the 2 pinballs I need doing
Thanks
Jingle
jimmy55

Post by jimmy55 »

I'm about to start looking at the electrics on mine now that the playfield is stabilised.
Is it wise to start at the transformer? Its got some surface rust but looks sound. I was thinking about disconnecting it from the machine checking the voltages on the secondary side with a meter when I apply the mains power. What sort of tolerance is there with nominal voltages on transformers?
JC

Post by JC »

What sort of tolerance is there with nominal voltages on transformers?
With no load, the output should be more or less what it says on the tin. If you're measuring the output from a rectifier (and associated components - capacitor(s), and maybe a choke) then there will be a slight voltage drop, and of course will be DC.
However, a more meaningful reading will be taken with a load. If you're not sure about leaving the transformer connected in situ, then disconnect and wire-up a temporary load - e.g. if it's a 12v transformer, wire a 12v bulb across it. If you notice a significant voltage drop, then you have a problem!
jimmy55

Post by jimmy55 »

@ JC Many thanks thats really helpful, I'll take it one component at a time, its not an area that I have a lot of knowledge in!

@ jubileeriviera1
Attachments
Is this the bumper you are missing?
Is this the bumper you are missing?
DSCF0878.JPG
DSCF0876.JPG
Mine came with a selection of legs. I think the bottom two are the originals. Oak 34" long and 1 3/4" square section with two appropriate holes for the coach bolts. Simple radius at the top and two front edges chamfered.
Mine came with a selection of legs. I think the bottom two are the originals. Oak 34" long and 1 3/4" square section with two appropriate holes for the coach bolts. Simple radius at the top and two front edges chamfered.
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

jingle wrote:Stuart hello mate it's bob
Remember the 2 pinballs I need doing
Thanks
Jingle
Hi Bob, Thought you had sold them?? if you want to drop them off you know where I am, and I will have a look at them for you no problems.
regards Stuart.
jingle

Post by jingle »

Thanks Stuart
Wait till you see these mate,,
There called limelight
Maybe be 1950s or earlier,they payout pennies
When winning,they have tabby hunter on and some other stars faces
On the back flash

I have tried all over the net to find out
Any info on them but failed
I know you are good at this finding info mate
If you have a spare minute ,see what you can find
There in my garage at mo behind loads
But will pull them out next day or two
And bring them over
Cheers
Bob
Anyone else knows of these machines
Help would be appreciAted
ddstoys

Post by ddstoys »

I recently purchased a 1941 genco captain Kidd

Will be doing as little as possible to get it running as apart from the melted bumpers its in great condition
Attachments
image.jpg
jimmy55

Post by jimmy55 »

Love it! .....they made some great variant of these machines. How is the paint on the playfield? Mine was really flaky but I have managed to stabilise it quite well. Hope you can post a video when its working. !THUMBS!
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Here's another Genco pinball called Running Wild.
Attachments
running wild.jpg
ddstoys

Post by ddstoys »

jimmy55 wrote:Love it! .....they made some great variant of these machines. How is the paint on the playfield? Mine was really flaky but I have managed to stabilise it quite well. Hope you can post a video when its working. !THUMBS!
To be honest I haven't even looked that closely so I'm nor real sure but I'll definitely post a video once it's working.
The playfield doesn't look too bad for its age.
Attachments
image.jpg
ddstoys

1941 Genco Captain Kidd Pinball

Post by ddstoys »

Topic merged - Site Admin.

Hi Guys not sure if this interests anyone but I picked up a 1941 Genco Captain Kidd pinball about 6 months back loved this machine the first time I seen it and after a year and a half of nagging it belonged to me.

Backglass is beautiful and the cabinet is in a nice original condition the only downside to this game is all the bumper skirts bodies and caps have melted.

From my research I've purchased new skirts bodies and caps from pbr which arrived recently so I can finally begin to bring it back to life.

Sadly pbr didn't have the perfect style and color of everything but ordered a heap of each color to see what looks closest.

Ill keep you updated with my progress if anyone is interested !THUMBS!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
gameswat

Re: 1941 Genco Captain Kidd Pinball

Post by gameswat »

You'll be lucky to find those early bumper and playfield plastics unless you scour eBay for quite a while. They'll never be re-proed as no call for them. But you can spray the plastics to match as I've done that before. Or if you really want to replicate the marbling you need to swirl a brush around to match, then clear coat. The skirt plastic is impervious to thinners sadly but there are plastic adhesion sprays to help auto laquer stick, that you buy from auto stores for car plastics etc. Thin coats are best as helps to stop it chipping off. But those are dead bumpers anyway so no force kicking the ball away.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: 1941 Genco Captain Kidd

Post by badpenny »

I love them.
Very atmospheric, with great design and graphics.

All power to your elbow and epiglottis.

BP
ddstoys

Re: 1941 Genco Captain Kidd Pinball

Post by ddstoys »

Gameswat wrote:You'll be lucky to find those early bumper and playfield plastics unless you scour eBay for quite a while. They'll never be re-proed as no call for them. But you can spray the plastics to match as I've done that before. Or if you really want to replicate the marbling you need to swirl a brush around to match, then clear coat. The skirt plastic is impervious to thinners sadly but there are plastic adhesion sprays to help auto laquer stick, that you buy from auto stores for car plastics etc. Thin coats are best as helps to stop it chipping off. But those are dead bumpers anyway so no force kicking the ball away.
I have a friend who is reproducing the plastic posts and the post globe covers on his 3d printer and once we have them perfected will be available online for sale. Sadly the marble effect won't be there but better than a non playing game ;)