Wulff Jupiter wiring

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
stoxman22

Wulff Jupiter

Post by stoxman22 »

My Jupiter, which is one of my favorite machines, needs a bit of work. There is a small plastic gizmo that sits on the end of a shaft that opens 2 contacts. This gizmo has fallen into pieces and I dont know what it looks like. Has anyone got a Jupiter that they can post a photo of the said bit so I can make another. I have attached photos of where it sits on the machine. also. Half of the circuit diagram I have is missing. Does anyone have one they can scan and email to me.
Attachments
jupiter 22a.jpg
Juptier-1-a.jpg
stoxman22

Re: Where are they now?

Post by stoxman22 »

Split moved & merged - Site Admin.

I'm still here as well. Put a post up a couple of weeks ago don't you know... No one replied (fades out with echo).
I would have been at Coventry but I am at work Sunday.
Stoxman.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Sorry, I was going to attempt an answer. I have a Wulff Jupiter somewhere. Do you still need the mech pictures?
stoxman22

Post by stoxman22 »

Yes please. I have made a copy of the part from what was left of the bits but it isn't right. The game play is incorrect so I could do with seeing a good one to make sure. Could also do with the wiring diagram. I got part of one from Harold but the cam switch bit is missing.
daveslot

Wulff Jupiter wiring

Post by daveslot »

Topic merged - Site Admin.

I think this question been asked before but I can't find the answer. What's the purpose of this section? Can it be bypassed? How is the terminal block wired to the mains? :zapa: Is there enough info in photo?
Attachments
CIMG2875.JPG
guyblue10

Re: Wulff Jupiter wiring

Post by guyblue10 »

Hi There,

This is my Jupiter....and answers at least one of your questions...
IMG_0990_zps6401c1d3.jpg

Could I trade you for a picture of the area around the coin mech showing connections to any switches/wires?

Thanks

Guy
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

!SOFA!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Hmmmm? .... Picture two doesn't have the same coil, wires and tricky bits conglomeration as the first one.

Now that suggests to me that mains power in number one is beaten over the head before being passed through the connection plug and onto the mechanism. That gizmo is stepping the power down ... or up? Perhaps it's transferring it to D.C. although I doubt that as I suspect there's a toast rack looking arrangement on the other end of the wire attached to that plug. Anyway
I'm sure it's not made of cotton reels and licorice allsorts ... probably.

I can say without fear of contraception that number two is taking full throttle, lead free, full cream juice into the front of the cabinet where upon it'll be lured into a dark corner and mangled by a transformer before some of it is persuaded to change religion and only go in one direction for things like the payout solenoid.

I might be making all of this up of course, and am not a great fan of electricity, I can't see it having any future, it'll only scare the horses.

Any room behind that sofa Stuart?

BP
guyblue10

Post by guyblue10 »

Some more from mine...
IMG_0994_zpsddd2f6c6.jpg

The electrickery does indeed go straight to a transformer

I'd be interested if anyone else has anything connected to the connector block on the left side of the picture with the yellow and white wires going to it...
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Is this machine working?
If not what is it not doing? ... apart from not making coffee.

If it is all working I wouldn't be concerned about that terminal block.
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

badpenny wrote:Any room behind that sofa Stuart?
BP
I am trying to suppress my capacity to get involved this time.....if you know what I mean??... lol. :dammit:
guyblue10

Post by guyblue10 »

It's doing everything except....stopping....it clunks, whirrs, lights up, spins...goes through a whole cycle then when it's meant to stop and wait for a coin....it starts again, and again and again

As the connector is close to the coin mech I thought maybe it should be connected to a normally closed switch somewhere attached to the mech than opens when a coin passes it.....which would start it going again.....

Without anything connected to it it's open all the time and would explain it's current action (if there's meant to be a switch attached....if you see what I mean)
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Any chance of a good clear readable photo of the circuit diagram?? might help to sort out what is happening !PUZZLED!

DAM!....getting interested again...lol. :oops:
Attachments
jupitor.jpg
guyblue10

Post by guyblue10 »

Thanks. Here's the diagram and a close up of the connector next to the mech
IMG_1003_zpsee919455.jpg

IMG_1007_zps68068efa.jpg

In the bottom left of the diagram there's a munze (coin) operated switch, but there's no switch attached to anywhere on the mech...and a connector that goes nowhere in the perfect place for the connector to be, should it be going to a switch attached to the mech....brilliant logic, I think you'll agree.... !!IDEA!!

Except that the diagram shows a normally open switch which screws up my theory......!
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

I think you are correct in your thinking, the terminal will be for the coin switch, the coin switch needs to be a normally open switch, when a coin is put into the machine the switch will close, the coin is held in position manually keeping the switch closed until the motor starts to turn, once cam Number 1 closes contacts b & d the coin is ejected and the machine should run on to complete a full cycle.

Have you tried shorting the white & yellow wires in the terminal block together to make the machine start its cycle? DO THIS WITH CARE AS THEY ARE 240 VOLTS you should only need to short them together for a few seconds until the motor turns cam 1 enough to make contacts b & d close.
give it a try and let me know how you get on?? and remember BE CAREFULL! :oops:

Cleaned up the photo.
Attachments
IMG_1003_zpsee919455.jpg
guyblue10

Post by guyblue10 »

Aaah...no - you speed read a bit a bit of my post I think....my problem is that the machine is constantly running - it never stops - the motor turns through the whole cycle then when it gets to the end of the rotation (where it should stop waiting for the coin operated switch to detect a coin) it just carries on as if the switch were made

Just put a meter across the yellow and white wires and it's an open circuit - so they're not shorted somewhere further in..
daveslot

Post by daveslot »

heres a pic of the coin mech section
Attachments
CIMG2887.JPG
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

guyblue10 wrote:....my problem is that the machine is constantly running - it never stops
OK, it sounds like you have permanent contact on cam 1 ?? The switch on cam 1 should be open when cam 1 is in its rest position.
I have isolated the area of the wiring diagram where you need to be looking, as your machine is missing the capacitors on the mains input it is "possible" that the contacts might have sparked and welded them self's shut???
NB. Cam No 1 is the one next to the motor..
Attachments
coin mech fault.JPG
daveslot

Post by daveslot »

daveslot wrote:I think this question been asked before but I can't find the answer. What's the purpose of this section? Can it be bypassed? How is the terminal block wired to the mains? :zapa: Is there enough info in photo?
I didn't get anywhere when I first asked this question. I presume these are capicators used in this case as suppressors !PUZZLED! or maybe surge protectors. I have acquired a large amount of e/m games, some I have never seen before, and would love to see them working again. On some of the games this section is present and on others missing, even though they are similar games, so can it be bypassed. To answer bp, the plug goes directly to a transformer.
glittering-prize67

Post by glittering-prize67 »

guyblue10 wrote:This is my Jupiter....and answers at least one of your questions...
IMG_0990_zps6401c1d3.jpg

Could I trade you for a picture of the area around the coin mech showing connections to any switches/wires?
The gizmo on the left side where the power comes in is just a suppressor to stop the motors etc. interfering with other appliances. It will work without, but better with. I would also replace those paper caps. They are bound to be knackered after all that time. I did have one years ago but can't really remember much about the inside. I do believe it's a live chassis though - keep fingers out when switched on.