General vintage slot machine related topics.
raqwa1

Wulff Duomat Glass Needed

Postby raqwa1 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:57 am

I am in need of the striped glass for a very well functioning Duomat.

Please contact through forum
$_57-1.JPG
$_57.JPG

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Wulff Duomat Glass Needed

Postby badpenny » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:18 am

Hi raqwa1 ... Welcome to The Forum.

Sadly I know of a handful of Duomats that are sitting awaiting new glass fronts.
Perhaps when that figure gets higher someone may cough up the investment needed to screen print and mirror enough to keep the price per unit below £hundreds. Until that time I hope someone comes forward with one or better still a hidden supply of NOS. I'm not holding my breath.
I think the problem is so few Duomats surviving from the 1950s have been kept on a wall. They don't stand up well sitting on the floor because of the large bay window type front. A sudden gust of gravity and oopsy!

I have removed your private email address from your post for two reasons ...
1) Privacy, Spambots do trawl most forums looking for such information and then fill your inbox with oodles of crap.
2) Any member can contact you via PM and email (if you supplied one when joining) through the forum which is much safer.

Also please don't post "Wanted" or "For Sale" adverts in the The Forum.
The proper place is The Market

This is outlined in the blurb you signed when registering, and because The Market uses a different system you need to register again in order to place adverts.

Good luck with your search.
Regards
Badpenny

raj

Postby raj » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:52 am

A solution might be to use mirror finish vinyl sandwiched between two sheets of glass, with the appropriate holes cut out for the mech etc, and gold car pinstripes for the vertical lines. At least you will be able to display and play your nice machine.

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:38 pm

I would keep your eyes open as they do come up cheap - at two collectors auctions in the last year, Coventry and Elephant, I have picked ones up for £77 and £117 including commission as complete items.

Please don't PM me though as not selling at the moment.