EH / Collector Connector sales

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
daveslot

Re: Elephant House Auctions

Post by daveslot »

sellers commision has been 5% for a couple of years, before that it was free
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Always funny watching the same machine go into sales again and again, basically when people do not view and bid blind. The below allwin sold at least twice, in the last Americana sale for £400 and in April for £420......Case looks nice as well as backflash, but it is an automatic electric payout machine, with no payouts slide and missing solenoid .....I am sure we will see it again soon......also anyone get this mutoscope during the week from Astons?
Attachments
playball.jpg
muto.jpg
raj

Post by raj »

sellers commision has been 5% for a couple of years, before that it was free
Steve is claiming 500k turnover ( over what period I'm not sure) but with the current VAT threshold @ £81k, which would be applied to commission turnover, a bump can be expected anytime soon.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Slot machine sale results (with pictures) for the Elephant House Auctions of July 20th and August 3rd (Americana) are now in the Arena.
jingle

Witches Cave at the Elephant House

Post by jingle »

Topic merged - Site Admin.

Did anyone go
How was the witches cave
Was it all there and working
How much did it sell for
Thanks
Jingle
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Witches cave at the elephant house

Post by pennymachines »

I'll have to get back to you on what it made but condition was average to poor in my opinion, the graphics being quite faded. It was converted to vend cards and there was no clucking mechanism and bellows, but maybe the Witches Cave is not supposed to sound like a Hen House. !PUZZLED!
Attachments
265.jpg
jingle

Re: Witches Cave at the Elephant House

Post by jingle »

Thanks dave
Were is the cats head
Or is it a puppy
:o
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Witches Cave at the Elephant House

Post by pennymachines »

jingle wrote:Where is the cat's head
Just behind the witches' heels. :o
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

I see Elephant results have been posted.
I presume Bonus Hitop was again unsold?

GP
raj

Post by raj »

well, the Bonus appears to have been knocked down to £850, however a good number of sales on the day have never shown up on the results page.
lot 49 nice Governor @£460 , I would have liked that one, but never committed.
lot 51 awful formica Governor with painted repro back bonnet sold @£600! on commision
lot 52 very nice Eldorado Governor knocked down @ £520
lot 151 Nostalgic Win a Mint @£200
lot 189 11's needing backflash & wood repair @£420
lot 190 OW penny points @£420
lot 191 OW Uselect it @£420
lot 235 Mills QT @ £1K
lot 238 tidy Aristo @ £220

There were a few others, but just spot the gaps in the results numbering.
My only gripe is that these were not announced as failing to meet reserve, and the bidding may or may not have been cooked to up the price. If you sell at auction, Shill bidding is pretty low, just accept what the market will pay, or dont try to sell this way.
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

I didn't go to the last auction. The one before, I think the Bonus hammer price was just over 900, so I presume the reserve is/was a grand or more. At least that Sega Hitop case and Mills backdoor are now sold!
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Full slot machine results with pictures (including unsold lots) now in the Arena.
The Bonus sold for £850, whether to the hammer or by agreement afterwards, I'm not sure. The Hidden Treasure was £1500 and the Witches Cave £760.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

The Bonus was cheap, suspect the seller reduced their reserve, but maybe wished they left it lower in the previous sale. Those Olly Whales doors fetched a fair old price very few bargains in this sale....
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

Wednesday morning and catalogue still being compiled. It makes it very hard to decide whether to travel or not, and if its not ready till Friday or Sat it is too late to leave a comission bid. I think monthly is stretching Steve too much.
slotsoffun

Post by slotsoffun »

Does appear that way. Looks too that about 50% of the lots are parts... and 30% non-Machine related. It's almost as if it's got late in the week and not enough submissions so what better way to bump up the Lot quantities than to list 5 different award cards, 5 different pay slides, 5 different top light boxes....
But I guess there will be quiet months, hopefully the one's before Christmas will be rammed with goodies!!!! !WORSHIPFULL!
(Coventry included too!)
bandito

Post by bandito »

hi guys, i notice you can place Absentee Bids at this auction. what gets me is you only need to give a 10% deposit for the amount of your total bids before you can bid. should you not win an item the deposit is refunded to you at no extra charge. so how come if you attend the auction and stand there for hours, win your item and pay for your item by debit card (the same way you can leave your deposit for free) you will be charged 5% on top of the 10% commission?? eh say the 5% is to cover the banks charges. seems a lot to me. so it is free for some, not for others. must be the bank of wonga!!
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Just had a quick check of the latest EH catalogue and saw the Watling Rolatop listed as the "Rolls Royce of slot machines"!! What the? There are very few coin-ops I've worked on that come even remotely close to any comparison to RR, and the Rolatops cetainly aren't one of them!
bandito

Post by bandito »

Oh yes, the rolatop. Interesting. Nice dark pictures of it. Only missing a few parts from what I can make out. I can only presume that it has not arrived yet or eh would have posted better pictures for us all to see. Anyone going tomorrow to bid on it might want go check first to see if it is there. Shame they are light on bandits this month. Hope the Coventry auction next month has plenty on offer :D oh, and I must remember to bring some change for the coffee machine.
If I go, I will post a video on here of the rolatop.
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

bandito

Post by bandito »

So now we have a couple of extra pics. I suspect more issues due to the lack of pictures. As for the description................ "A very rare opportunity to acquire an un-abused example"
Attachments
image.jpg