Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
aristomatic

Re: Elephant House Auctions

Postby aristomatic » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:48 am

I didn't go to the last auction. The one before, I think the Bonus hammer price was just over 900, so I presume the reserve is/was a grand or more. At least that Sega Hitop case and Mills backdoor are now sold!

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:38 pm

Full slot machine results with pictures (including unsold lots) now in the Arena.
The Bonus sold for £850, whether to the hammer or by agreement afterwards, I'm not sure. The Hidden Treasure was £1500 and the Witches Cave £760.

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:14 am

The Bonus was cheap, suspect the seller reduced their reserve, but maybe wished they left it lower in the previous sale. Those Olly Whales doors fetched a fair old price very few bargains in this sale....

bryans fan

Postby bryans fan » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:18 am

Wednesday morning and catalogue still being compiled. It makes it very hard to decide whether to travel or not, and if its not ready till Friday or Sat it is too late to leave a comission bid. I think monthly is stretching Steve too much.

slotsoffun

Postby slotsoffun » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:55 pm

Does appear that way. Looks too that about 50% of the lots are parts... and 30% non-Machine related. It's almost as if it's got late in the week and not enough submissions so what better way to bump up the Lot quantities than to list 5 different award cards, 5 different pay slides, 5 different top light boxes....
But I guess there will be quiet months, hopefully the one's before Christmas will be rammed with goodies!!!! !WORSHIPFULL!
(Coventry included too!)

bandito

Postby bandito » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:24 pm

hi guys, i notice you can place Absentee Bids at this auction. what gets me is you only need to give a 10% deposit for the amount of your total bids before you can bid. should you not win an item the deposit is refunded to you at no extra charge. so how come if you attend the auction and stand there for hours, win your item and pay for your item by debit card (the same way you can leave your deposit for free) you will be charged 5% on top of the 10% commission?? eh say the 5% is to cover the banks charges. seems a lot to me. so it is free for some, not for others. must be the bank of wonga!!

gameswat

Postby gameswat » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:06 pm

Just had a quick check of the latest EH catalogue and saw the Watling Rolatop listed as the "Rolls Royce of slot machines"!! What the? There are very few coin-ops I've worked on that come even remotely close to any comparison to RR, and the Rolatops cetainly aren't one of them!

bandito

Postby bandito » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:18 pm

Oh yes, the rolatop. Interesting. Nice dark pictures of it. Only missing a few parts from what I can make out. I can only presume that it has not arrived yet or eh would have posted better pictures for us all to see. Anyone going tomorrow to bid on it might want go check first to see if it is there. Shame they are light on bandits this month. Hope the Coventry auction next month has plenty on offer :D oh, and I must remember to bring some change for the coffee machine.
If I go, I will post a video on here of the rolatop.

bryans fan

Postby bryans fan » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:18 pm

bandito

Postby bandito » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:39 am

So now we have a couple of extra pics. I suspect more issues due to the lack of pictures. As for the description................ "A very rare opportunity to acquire an un-abused example"
image.jpg