Splitting, moving & merging threads

Comment on this site; suggest improvements; be firm but polite.
jonesthegarage

Splitting, moving & merging threads

Post by jonesthegarage »

Topic split & moved from Ring-a-Bell wiggly wire type games thread - Site Admin.

Thanks for the thread merge modmen - it reminded me that mine was called "Ding-a-Bell".
glittering-prize67

Re: Ring-a-Bell wiggly wire type skill games

Post by glittering-prize67 »

If I post a thread, I'm not keen on it being buried in a merge. Thank you :D
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

On the contrary, it doesn't get buried it becomes aligned to an already existing thread on the same subject.
Therefore those who are following the subject will be immediately aware of it, plus in future times a newcomer who may not know what terminology to search under stands a better chance of finding all the information we are trying to preserve and pass on.

BP :D
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

And as your post didn't include the name of the game or a picture of it, linking it to the earlier thread allows others to see exactly what you're talking about. It doesn't get buried because new posts in an old thread raise it to the top of the active topics list.
I'm more cautious with new members' posts because, being unfamiliar with the Forum, it might confuse them. The new Electrodart thread will eventually merge with the old thread devoted to those games.
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

pennymachines wrote: The new Electrodart thread will eventually merge with the old thread devoted to those games.
I don't want to be buried ether!! !!DIG!!
Give me cremation every time... !!FLAMED!!
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

OK Slotalot - the old Electrodart thread is now scheduled for cremation. :shock:
And at the risk of more negative feedback, I've split and moved this interlude to the Feedback category.

Incidentally, sometimes when I move a newcomer's thread, like the recent Jubilee 3 reel bundle problem, erroneously posted in Tips and Tricks, I leave a shadow topic link to it in that category. This allows the member to find their post, but it's a bit messy so I usually delete it at some point.
glittering-prize67

Re: Splitting, moving & merging threads

Post by glittering-prize67 »

OK, fair enough, now you put it like that I suppose it makes sense. I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Or is it someone on a bike? !!THUMBSX2!!