General vintage slot machine related topics.
cfsteed

Aristocrat Arcadian - 65 parts

Postby cfsteed » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:55 pm

Hello,
I just purchased an aristocrat arcadian 65, I am looking for a range of stuff for it. This machine also has a round key on the bottom front that looks like it is for the tray to slide out. This is my first machine so please help and bear with me. Thank You for any help.
Thank you

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: aristocrat arcadian 65 parts

Postby badpenny » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:19 pm

Hi cfsteed and a very warm welcome to the forum here on Pennymachines.
Please access the following link Please Read Before Posting in the Forum

Congrats on your new toy. The Australian bandit mechanisms are pretty bomb proof so long as they're complete.

I see you are looking for some things for it and want to place a wanted advert. As a member you are able to place for/sale and wanted adverts in The Market section. You will need to register one more time in order to do so, please follow This link to register and use The Market

I have edited your post as you revealed your email address.
We don't recommend this due to spambots that regularly trawl for such personal information. All members can contact each other via either email or PM through the forum simply by clicking on the relevant buttons.

Post us a photo of what you've just bought.

Regards

Badpenny

treefrog

Re: Aristocrat Arcadian - 65 parts

Postby treefrog » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:56 am

I have a number of breaker machines of these types, get some pictures on of what your machines state is, knowing these, the chances are the bits you want are what everyone wants, eg the plastic facia always gets damaged and the chrome overflow tube again often missing and of course will be tough to get

turbo

Postby turbo » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:49 pm

I have just purchased an Aristocrat Arcadian 65 (TIC TAC TOE) and would be in need of some parts.
Anyone has some spares?

raj

Postby raj » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:38 pm

No doubt it will have the usual minor defects, as others have said. If it is your first Aristo, be aware that the door can slam shut and, if the key is missing, you will may have to drill the lock, unless you are lucky and the door is a sloppy fit, then try and manoeuvre the cabinet to 45 degrees and wobble or prise the door open!! If you are stripping, I would remove the front glass panel and the ali cash drawer so you can still access the locking mechanisms as they jam fairly easily. Cash box locks have a good bit of adjustment and a standard 28 mm should fit. If the circular operating disc is damaged after drilling, easy fix using a 2p or 1D coin with 2 slots cut in and the right shape hole drilled and filed. The main door needs a short thread, not so common, but still not dear.

turbo

Postby turbo » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:04 pm

Hi.
Thanks for the first tips. Luckily I have the key for the side lock front door and I also have two keys for the bottom drawer: :D - lucky me. And both locks seem to work fine. Nevertheless, if you say locks can jam easily then there must be a way to avoid that which I prefer and possibly some way to lubricate them - can you advise on that? Also, my concern with this machine is that when you pull the arm the reels don't seem to work properly. They kind of hardly spin or spin very slow if you prefer. The guy I got it from had this machine for 20 years & says it was all working all the time and this only happened recently. Is it again just a case of lubricating some mechanism or what can it be that stops the reels from working properly? I just hope it is not something serious and complicated?

Another couple of things required would be:
1. chrome frame / surround for the bottom glass panel as this one has some damage / rust spot &
2. next to the coin acceptor I'm missing the round badge (4-pins fitting) which possibly should say '2p', as the machine works on 2p's.
I will add some photos soon.
Thanks.

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:13 pm

I think it was briefly on ebay recently until it got removed, down South somewhere maybe Portsmouth....

I saw the marks on the surround and wondered if it was damage to the plastic or just dirt. If damaged, there's very little you can do as these surrounds are poorly made chrome covered hard plastic. It easily breaks and chrome peels. I would check if it is just surface dirt as, from memory, if it's the same machine, the rest of the chrome was reasonable. Badges occasionally come up, but the slow mechanism will be due to years of crud and grease and is likely to need a strip and clean. There are a number of threads on this topic here.
Last edited by treefrog on Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

raj

Postby raj » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:38 pm

You have picked on the parts that always fail or go missing. Little chance of a chrome surround - careful use of Super-glue should stop the cracks spreading, then it's a case of disguising the damage, or filling and spraying a different finish to suit the machine. The chrome is usually shot anyway from coin drops.

aristomatic

Postby aristomatic » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:19 am

Hello,
If it is the same machine, I am sure you have a nice machine for the price paid and if it has locks and keys, all the better too. If it had been anywhere near me I would have bought it for the price he was asking too. Take your time, listen to all the advice, look up all the threads and then tackle the jobs in a methodical way and, yes, the first job is just to remove all the gunk and get the machine freed up. The majority of machines will surprising burst back to life after this without any need of further adjustments etc. Once you feel more confident, you can attempt any fine tuning at a later date. Members here will have parts and there are professional restorers who can supply parts too.

GP

turbo

Postby turbo » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:35 pm

I just got the mechanism out - I'm sure it could do with new oil of some sort. What should I use, where should I begin and how to get rid of old grease? I'm not familiar with this forum yet and so far cannot find any maintenance guide or topics, so please help.
Thanks.