Roll out the Barrel

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
albertt

Roll out the Barrel

Post by albertt »

Hello, I am looking for information about the "Roll out the Barrel". I haver seen it was made by the" Original Machine Manufacturers" in 1940. I suppose there are several models and maybe builders.
The mechanism is directly inspired (copied) from the Lucky Dice/Domino/Juge de Paix dated 1927 aswell of the French Tiercé Belotte from Susanne Martinache (1930).
Jean Lemaitre précises that all of these have been inspired by the Automatic dices of Feige (1911).
Many thanks and sorry for my bad English.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Roll out the Barrel

Post by pennymachines »

:WELCOME: Albertt and sorry for the delayed response - Christmas festivities kept me from the computer.
I've compiled just about all we know about these games here: Domino, Lucky Dice, Juge de Paix, Roll Out the Barrel etc.

Summarizing what we have to date - most (if not all) Roll Out the Barrels started life as Jentzsch & Meerz dice games. J&M manufactured these (with various design changes) from 1912 up until the mid 1930s. Possibly the mechanisms of the squat cabinet Roll Out the Barrels by Original Machine Manufacturers (Brenner) were built from scratch. Treble Pools and Roll Out the Barrels in the taller cases were converted by Alfred Clement, who sometime traded as Clem's Automatics and also worked with Oliver Whales on counter-top roulettes.
albertt

Re: Roll out the Barrel

Post by albertt »

Many thanks for your answer. Should you eventually have a picture of the oldest "Barrel" you know ?