Allwin lock, lost key

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
classicgambler

Allwin lock, lost key

Post by classicgambler »

Hello guys,
I'm gunna try and repost this again. I have this allwin (pictured). I went to get the keys for it but was told they have been lost. What is the best way to get the lock freed to open the door?
Many thanks.
Attachments
IMG_20150115_134632a.jpg
slotalot

Re: allwin lock, lost key

Post by slotalot »

Hi Les, :cool:
Best thing to do is take the back off the machine, then you can get to remove the lock from the inside and take it to a good locksmith.. !!THUMBSX2!!
classicgambler

Post by classicgambler »

Thanks Stu, I will get that done - much appreciated, thanks. !THUMBS!
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Post by coin-op »

Ha! that's interesting; I posted a reply and it was 'live', but after I went and replied to your other posting about it disappearing, I found my post had disappeared! So, at least you are not being singled out for the disappearing post treatment. Apart from the suggestion Stuart has made, I also suggested the obvious - a good old fashioned locksmith to pick the lock and a method which has on occasion worked for me; that is, place two thin pieces of metal in the gap between the wall of the cabinet and the door where the lock is and use something like a screwdriver to prize the gap wide enough to allow the tongue of the lock to become free of the door. This can work, but you need to go slowly with this method and watch out for tell tale signs of too much strain on the cabinet!
classicgambler

Post by classicgambler »

And I thought someone had deleted. Sorry for the rant guys, I'm not usually a ranter. At least I know I'm not the only one who seems to have posts vanish into thin air. I will have a look first to see what I can do about getting into the back to gain access but I think taking the machine to a locksmith to get it open will have to be an option as well. I will also have a go at that as well coin-op, but like you said, do it gently, but if I hear a strange noise coming from it, then locksmith will be the best option. Thanks for your help guys. !THUMBS!
JC

Re: Allwin lock, lost key

Post by JC »

I should imagine he's got it open by now :roll: