Teeter-Totter pusher, Bazooka & JWS Push Em Off

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
riche100

Teeter-Totter pusher, Bazooka & JWS Push Em Off

Post by riche100 »

Anyone know of a 1d pusher that's hexagonal in shape and on the top it says Push it, Pile it, Push it, Pile it all way 'round the playfield?
b_205457.jpg

Whilst I'm here too, anyone heard of a 1d machine called 'Bazooka'? It's got tanks on the playfield and looks like coins fall into holes or summut?
b_205357.jpg

Any help would be great.

Regards,

rich
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: 1d multi-sided pusher & Bazooka?

Post by pennymachines »

Interesting machines. Sorry, I can't shed much light on them. I think the pusher is actually a decagon (10 sided), and that, combined with its general style and construction, suggests it was made in the 1960s.
Crompton's very first pusher (i.e., the world's first pusher), Wheel-a-Win of 1964, was a 10 sided machine, with multi-faceted raked glass panels (like a round conservatory) on top.
That "Push it - Pile it" mantra also indicates that the pile-and-push concept was still novel when this machine was made and the manufacturer thought players needed a hint as to what was going on.
I think it deserves to come indoors now. !SMILER!

There has been a flyer recently on ebay for a Crompton's six-sided, domed-topped pusher called Water Chute.
Attachments
watershoot.jpg
riche100

Post by riche100 »

Interesting, thank you.
rippyspennyarcade

Post by rippyspennyarcade »

I remember seeing both machines in the 1960s. I think the pusher was called Teeter (funny sort of name), but me and a friend loved playing on this machine. There was a metal bar attached to both sides, and the machine name Teeter was held in place above the machine. This pusher was what we called a bouncer - it was pretty hard to land a penny flat, as those red rubbery pushers really bounced the penny on top.

Re the Bazooka, I saw that as well. I recall that both sections had a belt running both sides. This meant, if you fired the penny and it didn't reach the holes, the penny would be returned via this continual running belt. The game was similar to Moonraker. Each hole would hold so many coins and, when the hole tipped with the weight, the coins would be delivered via the continual running belt. Player one's coins could not end up in players two's side, as a piece of plastic separated both sides. It's great for me to see these two machines again!
riche100

Post by riche100 »

Very insightful, thank you. Glad they bring back some good memories - it's so nice to hear. Better get them saved then :)
trevessa

Post by trevessa »

Did these 2 machines get saved? I tried to buy them at the time unsuccessfully.
I have all details on these and many more if interested.

Regards,

Nick
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

trevessa wrote:I have all details on these and many more if interested.
Regards,Nick
Hi Nick :D Welcome to the forum...........
I am sure that any information you have on these older machines will be well received here !!THUMBSX2!!
So get posting !TAPTAP!
And don't forget the photos.. !!PHOTO!! Because we love photos... :tarah:
glittering-prize67

Post by glittering-prize67 »

Wow riche, how did you make room for them - they are big?
jimmycowman

Re: 1d multi-sided Teeter pusher & Bazooka

Post by jimmycowman »

Greetings. While we are on pushers, does anyone know how old and the maker of my JWS Push Em Off? I've had it a year or two....
Attachments
130220152857.jpg
130220152855.jpg
130220152858.jpg
stickler

Post by stickler »

I can tell you a little about JWS and machines made by this company in the 1960s.

My dad, John ("Jack") William Stickley, owned and operated the JWS factory in Thundersley, near Southend. I was born in 1961, so I don't remember much directly, but I do have some photos that I can scan and post if anyone's interested. His main income came from assembling fruit machines, that, I believe, also had the JWS logo pressed into them. I don't know about his business arrangements, but I assume he assembled and tested them for a bigger company.
He did love designing and building arcade machines like Push 'Em Off, Treasure Cave and Moon Patrol. This all happened in the 1960s, when in particular I couldn't tell you, except it was probably earlier rather than later.
I know he was at the forefront with his penny pusher, as, I believe it was the first one to be installed in Southend's arcades. I know this due to a story he used to tell: Dad had built and tested the machine in the factory, but had no idea how it would perform in a live environment. He convinced one arcade owner to trial it, however, later the same day he received a call to say the machine had made a loud noise although it still seemed to be functioning OK. When dad checked it out, the coin box had completely filled and the weight had broken its supports. Successful then and still successful I believe.

Best

David Stickley
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

So good of you to share this info about your Dad. I would love to see some photos. Fascinating stuff !!THUMBSX2!! .
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

Yes fascinating story all information is great. More photos the better 👍👍👍
brigham

Post by brigham »

I remember a machine called 'Teeter-Totter', which is the American name for a 'See-Saw'.
It must have been a pusher, but only the name sticks in my memory.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Teeter-Totter is pictured at the start of this topic.

Also:
flippa_winna wrote: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:27 am Regarding Teeter, it is now known that this pusher was manufactured by Nick Carter and distributed by Nixsales, (the same person, note the name similarities) Sussex. Worth mentioning here also that as well as the Teeter, the Mini Teeter, Teez-u and The Bazooka (non pusher) were also manufactured by Nick Carter.
Here's Mini-Teeter, as sold at the Elephant House, June 2015.
Attachments
Mini-Teeter
Mini-Teeter
stickler

Post by stickler »

Some old photos from the JWS factory floor..
Attachments
JWSMoonPatrola.jpg
JWSPushEmOffa.jpg
JWSTreasureCavea.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Thanks for sharing.....

The moon patrol looks great...

The Treasure Cave I assume was made in varied forms I assume by a few manufacturers, see below thread, where another was one was associated with Oliver Whales:
Treasure Cave (Elephant Gift Vender)
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

Great pictures, thanks for sharing. Please post more if you are able to. Photos such as yours are a great record of the history of our hobby and few see the light of day. !!GOODONE!!