Enter the Honourable Judge's favourite tavern for a dram of Tittle Tattle. There's an ancient bandit in the corner, but I forget his name...
slotalot

Help save Colwyn Victoria Pier

Postby slotalot » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:30 pm

Anyone going ??
Spread the word before the council tear it down... dirtdog

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Colwyn-V ... fref=photo
coll.PNG

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Help save Colwyn Victoria Pier

Postby badpenny » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:43 pm

How confuddling eh?
I've just asked this of the Colwyn Victoria Pier Trust Campaign.

Who owns this pier now?
It's had a rather checkered past and I'm puzzled how there can be a "Trust" working with the town council if it's still owned by a third party?
Let alone how a Lottery fund application can exist without the claimed owner's involvement, so how does that work please?

My interest is purely academic, for if I had any control over spending Lottery Fund money I'm saddened to admit that I could think of numerous more worthy causes than this.

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:46 pm

Here is their FB reply (complete with errors).......

Colwyn Victoria Pier Trust Campaign
The ownership issue goes back to court in march. The Heritage lottery make their decision by the end of april.
The ownership was the same at the first bid but we still acquired the phase one grant money which the county council gave back

They we're allowed to give it back as they were the lead partners as are the town council in this latest bid.
Whoever becomes the owners after the march court case we are prepared to work with.
We are the only body who can acquire grants and funding.
Steve Hunt cannot as a private owner neither can the council.
If we are not successful in our bid and the council move forward with demolition they have said they do not have the money and will have to borrow it which ultimately we will land up paying bigger council taxes.
Unlike · Reply · 1 · 1 hr

jimmycowman

Postby jimmycowman » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:18 pm

Can't work out on the net if the council are scrapping the whole of the pier or some of it??..... It says it's going to take 3 weeks...... It's a shame what ever.......Probably get shipped to China and come back as crap.
JS113256156.jpg

youngerap

Postby youngerap » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:11 am

Sometimes, things are just too far gone to save. Preservation needs to start before the rot reaches the point of no return. In this case, it looks like that particular ship sailed a long time ago.

jimmycowman

Postby jimmycowman » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:47 am

I can see your point but............ It's grade 2 listed.... I once knew some one that had a grade 2 listed building it fell down and the owner had to rebuild it to how it was..............

youngerap

Postby youngerap » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:54 pm

Grade 2 listed? I suspect that was a bit of wishful thinking. In this case, they would first have to work out who the owner is, then hope it is one who a) has very deep pockets and b) is happy to gamble their kid's inheritance on trying to save something like this. Personally, I find it quite obscene that lottery money would even be considered for such a project. Mind you, I am a bit odd in that I simply do not approve of public money being given to fund any project for which the final product lies in private hands. That includes the railways, power stations, et al.

My grandchildren tell me my Jurassic name is Grumpysaurus.

jimmycowman

Postby jimmycowman » Sat May 06, 2017 11:38 am

Any one got any photos of when Steve held auctions there?.. I remember going one sale and it was full of floor standing machines..

rockola

Postby rockola » Tue May 09, 2017 11:39 am

70: Bryans Bumper, the only known survivor, perfect working order. Only 12 of these machines were produced by Bryans, this is the only one known to survive and the first time a Bumper has ever been offered for auction. This is an absolutely unique opportunity to acquire the rarest of all Bryans machines.

Just a few pics, I won't post them all!

Pete
DSCF2481.JPG
DSCF2480.JPG
DSCF2479.JPG
DSCF2478.JPG
DSCF2476.JPG
DSCF2475.JPG
DSCF2474.JPG
catalogue.doc
(525.5 KiB) Downloaded 436 times

john t peterson

Postby john t peterson » Tue May 09, 2017 12:57 pm

I guess the Bumper went down with the pier. To quote our idiot President: "So sad."

J Peterson
Bumpered-out in America