A small arcade in Sheringham

General vintage slot machine related topics.
slotalot

Re: A small arcade in Sheringham

Post by slotalot »

I must look at my website more often. :o
Well spotted, never noticed it before,, !!JUNK!!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

How the dickens did you remember that TF? !PUZZLED!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Sheringham has become a bit posh these days and many of the coastal properties turned into expensive holiday lets or second homes.... This arcade is now exactly that....

Amazing what the weather does though, and the impact it must have had on the machines outside, as below you will see a Googlemap of two periods showing the Arcade/property today, top one dated 2009 and lower one 2013......

I would guess the two original pictures would have been a similar gap, late 60s and early 70s.
Attachments
sher1.jpg
sher2.jpg
wembleylion

Post by wembleylion »

The Robin Hood pub in Station Street, Sheringham has / had a small collection of machines but it's a long time ago that I went in there so can't remember what they were, sorry.

John
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

treefrog wrote:did anyone here buy the machine?
Well spotted Treefrog. I'd forgotten about this picture. And I have to put my hand up for buying it, at the starting price. Pricey, I agree, but the combination of elusiveness, obscurity and the use of old GPO components in a telephone-themed slot, proved irresistible. Also, it's a companion for the Sturgeon Electronic Manufacturing Co. Ltd. Golden Mint.

My vague memory of seeing one at a slottie auction years ago is of a telephone hand piece affixed to the top of the cabinet (presumably for show only). Did I imagine this? !PUZZLED! I'd love a scan of your flyer Treefrog! !PRAY!!
Attachments
2dialformoney.jpg
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

pennymachines wrote: I'd love a scan of your flyer Treefrog! !PRAY!!
SO WOULD I !WORSHIPFULL! !WORSHIPFULL!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Well done Mr PM, I thought it would be someone here..... Good luck getting it going, I have still to get the Beat the Bandit I got fully operational, awaiting for the bad smell from the machine to go away before allowing near the house.......

I will have to have a look at my documents again, as if I remembered seeing a flyer it would not have been under Whitakers as I have sent you all I had Sloalot - will let you know.

There is another thread on the Robin Hood. I have not been there for 3 or 4 years, but bought a couple of machines off the landlord and played on his machines.
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

I had a trip down to the Robin Hood at Sheringham last year, met up with one of our members for a quick drink. I did take some photos at the time, but can I find them? dirtdog I have heard that it recently changed hands, so not sure what is there now...

If you don't have any luck with your Beat the Bandit, you could always drop it off at Slotalot Towers and I will give it a good seeing to for you.. :cool:
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Well found the flyer, thought I was not dreaming and now have to correct myself, the Dial for Money is actually a Semco machine, not Whitaker as I had stated on the other thread, same as the other one you have.....Anyway the brochure has three machines in their range, with the Dial a Money at the bottom for £72, the Golden Mint for £175 and top of the range with visible jackpot at £250.......Will scan once I get the scanner going..................
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Flyers from Semco. Your machine is called the "Beachcomber" here, but basically the same.