Hi from Scotland

Tell us a bit about yourself.
humperdingle

Hi from Scotland

Post by humperdingle »

Hi folks, just joined the forum in anticipation of having to ask lots of questions :D

Just ordered my very first mechanical one armed bandit.

A nostalgia trip for me, but I also hope to pick up a cheap, tatty machine to tart up.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Hi from Scotland

Post by badpenny »

Hi .... And behalf of the few of us who've sobered up .... welcome to The Site and Forum.
I've just spotted you've posted a question, so I'll whiz over there and see if we have answers
Badpenny
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Welcome and what is your first machine
humperdingle

Post by humperdingle »

Thanks for the welcome!
treefrog wrote:Welcome and what is your first machine
It's a Jubilee Dollar Drop. Refurbished, so probably not one for the purists, but I just wanted something that looked OK and 'worked', for my 1st :D
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

humperdingle wrote:Thanks for the welcome!
treefrog wrote:Welcome and what is your first machine
It's a Jubilee Dollar Drop. Refurbished, so probably not one for the purists, but I just wanted something that looked OK and 'worked', for my 1st :D
And why not?
Even the purists often are only allowed to have their best looking machines displayed by "Dearly Belove'ed"
Although we have a common interest we have many different ways of following our hobby, which is why I answered your question about books the way I did.
I probably have a couple of dozen books some of which I never look at because they concentrate on % payouts and more modern electro mechanical bandits which don't really interest me.
However they are about machines, and one day I might want to refer to them if only to clarify something in my own mind or help somebody else.