Hello from West Yorkshire

Tell us a bit about yourself.
d9000deltic

Hello from West Yorkshire

Post by d9000deltic »

Hello people, I'm a new novice and bought an aristocrat kingsway" I have no idea about them. I saw it, I liked it, I bought it. Any info on this would be welcome. I have a couple of issues with it as mentioned in my section gallery. Hope someone can help.

Many thanks

Gav
humperdingle

Re: Hello from West Yorkshire

Post by humperdingle »

d9000deltic wrote:Hello people, I'm a new novice and bought an aristocrat kingsway" I have no idea about them. I saw it, I liked it, I bought it. Any info on this would be welcome. I have a couple of issues with it as mentioned in my section gallery. Hope someone can help.

Many thanks

Gav
Welcome, from one noob to another :)
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Hi and welcome d9000deltic ......
When you say you can hear it trying to payout, it sounds as if you have a mechanical bandit with an electric spinning disc payout.

Can you post a photo if the insides just to confirm that.
Explain fully what happens when it should pay, the order it does it in and how it ends.

BP
ps - diesel locomotive fan?
d9000deltic

Post by d9000deltic »

Hiya, yes I'm am a locomotive spotter also. All good harmless fun. I shall upload a picture now. Thanks for the reply.

Gav
d9000deltic

Post by d9000deltic »

I'm finding that my iPad won't upload pictures. !PUZZLED!
Attachments
image.jpg
d9000deltic

Post by d9000deltic »

After a good clean, not the best quality but in my opinion looks good.
Attachments
image.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

d9000deltic wrote:I'm finding that my iPad won't upload pictures. !PUZZLED!
Now I'm more of a mechanical man, however I believe there should be a rubber belt from the motor drive pulley to the large one behind it?
d9000deltic

Post by d9000deltic »

Yea, as soon as I got the motor out, I assumed that the belt would be there. Have you any ideas where I could get one from? or if you know anyone who may be able to give some more info.

What bandits do you have then. My girlfriends dad has a Jennings from the 60s, it called the governor and takes old six pence
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Wrap a tape measure around trail between the two to get an approximate size then pop down your local market to the vacuum cleaner stall and see if you can get a drive belt.
If they're all too big then cut one to size and first super glue the ends together and then put a large industrial wire staple through.

If it doesn't last long at least you'll learn if that's all it needs.
There are others on this forum that understand the witchcraft these things operate on, they're unlikely to be along today as they'll have bee in church all day. However we also have the odd one in Americaland (I'm not saying how odd) who is very gifted.

My bandits are purely mechanic and range from Mills, Jennings, Aristocrat, Columbia, Gunther Wulff ......... at the moment; tomorrow? ... who knows?
d9000deltic

Post by d9000deltic »

Thanks for your help BP. I'll do that first thing tomorrow. I know ver little about bandits but I'm now certain my next one shall be fully mechanical. I paid 80.00 for the aristocrat that I have. When he opened it up, I couldn't believe the workmanship that had gone into them. Needless to say I had to buy it rather than see I trust away. I think a Jennings shall be next on the list. Any suggestions of where to get hold of them other than eBay. Are there any auctions nationally?

Your help has been greatly appreciated. I shall update you tomorrow of my success or failure

Gav
maestro66uk

Post by maestro66uk »

Hi there d9000deltic.

Where abouts in West Yorkshire are you?

There used to be a company in Holbeck called "Rubberlast". I'm sure you'd get a belt from them if they're still in business.