Hello from Leeds (West Yorkshire)

Tell us a bit about yourself.
maestro66uk

Hello from Leeds (West Yorkshire)

Post by maestro66uk »

Hi all,

My son found this site whilst he was in the garage with me the other day. He was doing an online search for "Reel alignment" as we've recently bought our first "one armed bandit" and have totally stripped it down, refurbished it, serviced it and rebuilt it.
Anyway, I will be posting a problem in the forum soon as we have a bit of a niggly problem with the machine now! (hence me joining this forum).

So just to say hi to you all, and I'm glad I found this place!

I used to work within the amusement industry from leaving school in 1982 (I'm giving my age away now).
I have worked for:
Music Hire Group
Associated Leisure
Sound Leisure
Bell Fruit
DDA, Batley (Digital Disc Automation)
Trust Leisure
Javelin Music
I have also worked on the funfair (part-time) for the past 25 years too. I recently bought our "one armed bandit" from a funfair showman whom I've known for quite a number of years.
He used to travel an amusement arcade.
He still has the arcade although it's now stored on his yard, and most of his machines have been sold off or scrapped. He still has a few one armed bandits and I aim to purchase these from him in due course - to strip and refurb.
I've really got the bug now. I've absolutely loved stripping this machine down to nut & bolt level, cleaning it and rebuilding it.

Back in 1990 I had a house full of machines!
I had a pintable (Pinball Champ '82) in the living room, along with a table top asteroids II, and a Rowe Ami R80 jukebox - all in the living room. In the cellar kitchen I had a 6 x 3 pool table and a fruit machine. (I'd just split with the ex wife at the time, and so decided to treat myself and have some fun!). I acquired the machines on my travels (and through contacts) whilst working in the amusement industry.
I sold all the machines to a youth club a couple of years later who wanted to buy them from me.

I now have an empty garage, seeing as my last job has just gone down the pan. It was filled with an NHS response ambulance as I was working from home for UK Transplant. So with the garage now being bare, I've decided to fill it with machines!! And why not?
I bought a Pacman Power-Up fruit machine last month (£70 jackpot), and we've just bought the Aristcrat Olympic bandit.

So hi there........nice to meet you all.

Mark.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Leeds (West Yorkshire)

Post by pennymachines »

Hi Mark,
:WELCOME: to the site. Glad you found us and, looking at your impressive CV, I'm sure you'll be an invaluable member of our exclusive little community. :cool:
maestro66uk

Re: Hello from Leeds (West Yorkshire)

Post by maestro66uk »

Thanks for the welcome, pennymachines.

I will gladly offer support and advice wherever I can on these forums.

Thanks for having me.