Jubilee jackpot mech

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
titanic

Jubilee jackpot mech

Post by titanic »

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I have run into?
I recently acquired a Jubilee International that has a double jackpot mechanism. I have never seen one of these and after some research can't find much help. The problem when I force a jackpot, the payout slide moves back but doesn't release the the two trap doors. I presume something has been removed to disable it. I can't find any close up pictures of a working mech and was wondering if anyone on here had any? Below are some photos of it still attached to the machine. I didn't want to remove it before asking for some advice on here. Like I said, I don't know what a functional one looks like so not sure if anything is wrong or missing.
Thanks
Attachments
P_20160329_185019a.jpg
P_20160329_184927a.jpg
P_20160329_184828a.jpg
P_20160329_184813a.jpg
P_20160329_184750a.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Jubilee jackpot mech

Post by badpenny »

The jackpots don't both drop together.
Only one drops and they take it in turns, that way there's always one full.

I think it's the round wheel on the side that flips the choice of which one drops next.
Often when these won't trip it's for one of two reasons ......
Dried grease or missing spring stopping the flap from swinging free
Or: -
Jackpot mechanism not having reset from the last time due to dried grease or missing spring stopping the flap from resealing.

Check first that the linkage between the post on the payout slides and the jackpot is resetting the relevant flap when it's played. I think that's your first suspect.

BP
titanic

Post by titanic »

Hi, badpenny thanks for the reply. The linkage from the slide does move the bits on the jackpot mech... the bit above the pin on the last picture that looks like a hook does move but doesn't open/close or do anything else to the mech. Like I say Im complete novice, so not sure what bits should be moving etc.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Is the jackpot reset or is one of the trap doors loose?
titanic

Post by titanic »

Both doors permanently open, you can "balance them closed" but the slightest touch and one or either of them or both will drop open again?
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

My machine is buried behind a fortune teller and a Duo-mat but if your problem can't be solved I'll move it out and take photos. For now though I think you really need to remove the JP (a) to clean it and (b) so you can manually operate it and get to know how it works. These are complex but fairly trouble free.

The problem will almost certainly be as BP says and the most likely part will be the switch gear that changes between the JP's. Did you realise that there is a system for alternating the coin flow to the JP's as well? Don't be worried about removing the JP, it comes off in one piece and will need a good clean anyway. Once off you can hand operate and see what goes on. Let us know how it goes and we can move on from there.
titanic

Post by titanic »

Thanks, will take it off later today as have already been warned by the other half, "you needn't think you're wasting all your day off, messing about with that bloody machine." :didact: Better take her shopping, then maybe I can "mess" with it bit more! Will let you know how I get on later.
titanic

Post by titanic »

OK update, was a bit fiddly getting some of the screws out, but managed to take the mech out. You were right, it is a lot easier to have a play and figure out how it works with it removed. I have got the gist of how it works. The first problem was the 2 sprung catches behind the first picture I posted, had fallen below where the arms go through so couldn't hold the doors in place. The doors stay in place fine now. The next problem was if you slowly turned the spindle at the payout slide side, it would release one of the doors. But on the next spin it didn't close it. I fixed this by loosening the bottom 2 screws of the 4 in the 4th picture down and extending that arm. In the 3rd picture down I think there is a pin missing, as about every 3rd spin the arm moves back, but isn't attached to anything. I presume thats what you ment about alternating the coin flow? The main problem now is the payout slide doesn't release the doors. The spindle can be rotated by hand to release one. It looks like there is a cog or something missing off the end? As above it is a hook which I presume pulls something round??
Attachments
IMG_20160330_190659.JPG
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

ok, first the jp coin feed, yes there should be a connection there,the wheel turns on every play but only operates the coin feed every other play so two coins fall into each JP before it switches over (very clever really)

yes there is a small part missing from the release side,quite easy to make but Id be very surprised if BP dosnt have one behind the mantel clock or treefrog dosnt have a box of a dozen...new ones. see the photo below

jub-jp1a.jpg

My guess is there was an attempt to make this a one JP machine at some time,hence the removal of the coin feed and the alternating door opener
titanic

Post by titanic »

Thank you for your help, and the photo. If anyone does have one please let me know if you want to sell it, if not I'll have a go at making something. Yea when I first looked at it, I wondered how it could fill both Windows. You are right it really is a clever addition. Think you are right as the machine had been butchered at some point, as well as the jackpot, the payout award glass had all the payout amounts scratched off the reel strips had been replaced with JPM ones? Don't match any wins and there is a lemon on all 3 reels! Plus various missing parts! Going to be bit of work, but thats why I bought it! :D
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I know nothing about Jubilee's but do have a few spare jackpots for them, but can't remember where I put them, but will look !LOOK!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Check the lemon symbols against the payout discs, especially reels two and three. You may find metal blanks have been inserted into the holes. Changing payout combinations into non winners.
If so your machine may have an exceedingly high lose %, leaving it a tad boring to play. :cool:

BP
titanic

Post by titanic »

Hi treefrog, if you you have the piece I'm looking for let me know. :D
Badpenny, the reel strips that are on the machine, I don't even think they are off a one arm bandit.. think someone has taken them of a Much more modern machine. Heres a photo of them....
Attachments
P_20160330_223815a.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

JPM eh?
They started 40 years ago as an AWP manufacturer.

It is of course possible they began earlier as a supplier of other companies machines, rather like Ruffler & Walker plus many others.

How do the payouts match up against the award card?

BP
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

JPM is my youth, especially as they used grapes......these are wrong, share a picture of the whole front of the machine it may help
titanic

Post by titanic »

I'm no expert, only just started this hobby a few months back, but the reels match no payouts. Am sure these are just some random reel strips... Anyway here's a picture of the wreck I bought....
As you can see it is the original payout graphics, but someone has scratched half the graphics off to change the values. But the coin mech and the payout slides etc. are still on sixpence? Maybe was halfway through a bad project before they gave up?
Attachments
P_20160330_231721a.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

So, nothing on the reels match payouts and the twin jackpots have been butchered.

Ok, before deciding how to progress I think I'd want to know what works and what doesn't.
What happens if you put a sixpence in, does it accept it?
What happens if you then pull the handle, does the mech cycle?
Do payouts actually happen forgetting for the moment the reel strips are all over the place?
Are all of the castings intact along with locks, keys and cash box? Strip lights?

If that's the case and all you need is the right reel strips and jackpot bits and bobs then you need to find someone to sell you the missing bits. The costs added to what it already owes you minus whatever value you put on the self satisfaction of repairing it gives you a value.
If that value exceeds £250/£300 you're throwing money around.

I imagine making the jackpot bits or finding them is plausible, the reel strips might prove to be a giggle.
If you have casting problems (there should be a bottom one with a lock to cover the cash tray) or the cash tray itself that could be an issue unless TF has actually cornered the entire world supply (always possible!).

However if you've defeated hemorrhoids .......... !!THUMBSX2!!

BP
titanic

Post by titanic »

Yep, the coin mech takes a sixpence fine, the reels spin fine, the payout slides payout, no lights, no bottom casting to cover the bottom or cash tray, think it might be missing the tiny tray under the jackpot mech (after intensive google image search) - loads of work to do, but I bought it as a project. Not too interested in resale as no intention of selling..... bet you have heard that before!!!!! :HaHa:
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

A man after my own heart, working on and saving these machines is what it's all about for me. Powell should have the reel strips or I can make them if we get the correct order from another machine.
titanic

Post by titanic »

Ha ha, coppinpr, if you have to move a fortune teller and a duo-mat to get to your jubilee, You must have a lot of machines! Don't think I have the space to save as many as you!
The other machine I have is a jubilee, not the same as this one, as it doesn't have the jackpot mech. (The one you helped me with the payout problem) but it has the same reel layout I think :!?!: so I might have a go at making them. The rest of the parts, I have contacted Henry Powell and he said he might have all the bits I need. :D Thanks for all the help everyone, will let you know how I get on.