EH / Collector Connector sales

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
treefrog

Re: Elephant House Auctions

Post by treefrog »

Crane didn't sell, no bids......

Am sure mr PM will post soon, but I may remember others....

The penny Cascade looked like it had come straight out of a shipping crate. Not much to say about many other machines, oh the polished hi top achieved more than £800 quid, might invest in a professional polishing wheel....

The rare Hawtins four win, looked like a make up to me, suspect it started as a normal Hawtins
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Latest results now online
grabber

Post by grabber »

Hi I put a film of yesterday's auction on you tube
Listed as elephant house auction
Might be of interest to those who could not make it

aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

thx for uploading,

looking quite tidy the elephant house, although lots of same size machines
i suppose makes layout somewhat simpler.

i couldnt go, but a friend did and he was surprised that it wasnt busier than
it was? said he had seen it busier previously but had been expecting it to be bursting at seams for the amount of allwins and floor standing machines for sale.
jingle

Post by jingle »

I came home with a load of cash :cry:
Could not buy anything
Big big prices for some of the stuff
But bargain of the day to me anyway was the palm reader at around 1500
I already own one so I left it ,,,wish in Never now,
The video grabber done must of been about 11 am
I got there at 12 50 and there were 3 places left by the door :shock:
Great attended auction and shows the hobby is strong for owners and investors
Of these great machines ,,steve hunt done a good job there !!THUMBSX2!!

Jingle
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Funny I thought it would be more packed, but that did not stop the money. Mostly collectors there whereas the normal sales gets less and more other buyers.

Some sale though, never seen so many Olly Whales machines in one place, 20 in total. Became underbidder on so many of the machines that I had targeted, but prices and bidding was strong.

Ended up with a single machine with signed book. Enjoyed the day seeing some machines I would not see again. Not a day for bargains...I am sure Carters will be pleased.
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

High high prices came home with nothing...... Except the joy of seeing so many machines in one place, don't think I will see another auction with so many machines again......
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

I visited Carters Fair, for the first of several visits, about 20 years ago, so I had seen/ played on most of the machines at the Auction many times, so there were no surprises for me on the day. I thought the Elephant House looked really good with all the machines and signage displayed . I thought the room was packed to begin with, and slowly thinned out as people bought lots. I too came home with nothing, the machines I tried to buy just went out of my reach! Steve did explain I just needed to hold up my bidding card longer! :lol:
It was a great day though and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The whole event was run very well and professionally. Steve, his Mum and Dad make a great team that has been tried and tested over the years.
A special mention must go to the two porters and their young assistants, I was amazed that they continued to lift and carry virtually every machine right up to the end of the Auction. I do hope someone bought them a beer!
I think the Carter family will be pleased with the result. Well done all concerned. :claps:
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

Did anyone else win more than one machine but only get one book?
I was a bit annoyed at that as she said every machine came with its own book :(
mademenicole

Post by mademenicole »

Prices for the 2 identic circle skill wall machines ???? !PUZZLED!
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

1St one 650 plus buyers premium. 2nd 700 plus buyers premium
youngerap

Post by youngerap »

I have banned myself from buying any more machines (at least whilst I still have any bandits, which is a problem because I cannot bring myself to sell any of them :cry: ), but I must admit to drooling a bit over some of the machines sold at this auction. The urge to buy was very strong when I saw those Payramids.... the wife locked me in a dark room until I recovered.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Are you saying you won't buy any more machines until you've sold your bandits? !PUZZLED!
How many bandits have you?
youngerap

Post by youngerap »

Hi, BP.

Not many. 11, with two on the sick list (a Hi-top and an Arcadian), but I have lost interest in them, at least for the time being. Maybe in the Summer, or next year, or sometime.... Trouble is, I can't bring myself to sell them! Personally, I much prefer the allwins but the bandits take up so much space that it is pointless even thinking about buying any more (even if I had the cash - prices are daunting at the moment). They would just join the others on the conservatory floor. The wife really is less than impressed....
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I sympathise, I don't have a preference really, so long as it takes a coin and I regularly lose I'm happy.

However it's my wall machines that are stacked, I only have two Bryans on the wall and 19 assorted wall machines stacked against each other on the floor. While my 9 bandits plus those in sick bay (Governor - Hi-top Bonus - Columbia Groetchen - Mills Extraordinary - Jennings Galaxy - Goliath Crane) are on proud display.
Hang on, I'm missing some here ..... !PUZZLED! Oh yes I forgot the Stims and Buckley Crane.

It seems to me the issue is your SWMBO.
When I moved in I garnered permission to display the ones she liked, in the back room.
Four years later and it's only the bathroom and the kitchen that still remain machineless ( I don't think steam should be allowed close to machines, do you).

By the way this is only a small workers' late 19th Century cottage.
We have more room now the pinball's gone though.

Perhaps you have children? They do take up a lot of room and their damn tiny sticky fingers get into everything, or at least, so I am told. I never contributed to procreation of humans, especially when I realised what causes them. :o
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Indeed bp, you are right with the sticky fingers. It seems to be they enjoy it to put they're full hands on the chrome. And when you are a little bit short with coins and you want to play the machine and they put them already in !!RANT!!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I might not have any children (to speak of), I have however mended many machines for people whose offspring have merrily dropped/broken/stabbed with a screwdriver ......

Also I went to school with them so I know what they're like! :!?!:
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I can speak with some authority on children because, and I don't admit this in public... I was one once. Thankfully I grew out of it. It was a phase I went through. I can say without doubt they are all money grabbing sadistic vultures (all except my daughter who is the best money can buy). They should certainly be banned from arcades. dirtdog
jingle

Post by jingle »

You know what
My kids are great around machines
And always have been
I told them early on
Touch them and you'll get butted by a mate of mine
Attachments
image.jpg
aristomatic