Bryans clock hour hand

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
widget2k4

Bryans clock hour hand

Post by widget2k4 »

I have finally got round to looking at my Clock I've had for some time and I've noticed straight away the pointers aren't right. I've had a bit of a search about but can't find much info on how to set the hour pointer up, so was I hoping someone may have some "pointers" into how to get the hour pointer off and realign it back up without stripping the whole thing down?

When the min hand lands on the red, the hour pointer is normally in between the numbers, not on a number.
Also, in the back there is an adjustable plate with 1, 2, 4, 6, 24 written on. I worked out this is for the jackpot payout, but if I put it on anything less than 24 if I get an 8, for example, it only pays what number I have on the dial, i.e. 6 or 4.
2016-05-10 11.11.25.jpg

Also, anyone know what this part is for that's arrowed ?
I've seen a few pics of inside the back of clocks but it doesn't seem to attach to anything or do anything?
Attachments
clcka.jpg
john t peterson

Re: bryans clock hour hand

Post by john t peterson »

The lever in question swings over the payout tube (manually positioned by the operator) to prevent the coin tube from rising, thus preventing any payouts or maybe keeping the coins safe during transport of the machine. For those unfamiliar with the game, the payout tube is raised to the appropriate height for a "win" and the coins at the bottom of the tube, now unprotected by the metal cylinder, are knocked out and fall into the payout cup.
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

Had a look at it this morning and something isn't right. If you look at where the pointer is in jackpot position, it looks like it's needing moved but it's obviously fixed to the cog so it can't be moved. Any ideas?
Attachments
20160511_091425a.jpg
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

It is "Big hand on Red to win".
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

Yep BF, big hand to win but little hand and big hand on 12 to win jackpot :)

Sorted it. I'm so bloody stupid - it was just a lock bar needing adjusted after all that. lol
bryans fan

Re: Bryans clock hour hand

Post by bryans fan »

Your photo has been rotated since I saw it, hasn`t it?
Hence my confusion.