Riviera Cashcendo advice

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
coppinpr

Re: Riviera Cashcendo advice

Post by coppinpr »

The £1 coin came out 33 years ago :lol: however it will be replaced next year by a coin much like the old 3d.
I've made sure it's well oiled
I hate the term "well oiled" - a light touch of sewing machine oil on the main moving parts once every three months is all it needs. :didact:
ls14garlo

Post by ls14garlo »

Sorry Coppinpr, I was only joking about the oil ha ha! :lol: I can't believe the pound coin has been out that long... Jeez, time does fly!! It's almost ready to go in the house now, if I can find somewhere to put it......Then I'll start on the other Jubilee, nothing wrong with it - just needs a good clean and polish.
No doubt I'll find something to ask a load of questions about it, so be ready everyone!! !!THUMBSX2!!
Attachments
DSC_1491a.jpg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Are all the lights and JP now working?
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Looks like a nice machine and you got a bargain for both the machines, well done..... Trouble is it is like winning the jackpot the first time you play a slot machine, you can't stop.......

If it has the fluorescent fittings in, always best to keep, nothing beats that buzzing sound and flicker as you turn them on..... I am not into those nasty LED things - not the same, you can tell I still have a tube TV at home. :cool:
Last edited by treefrog on Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
ls14garlo

Post by ls14garlo »

I like the fluorescents aswell. I've had to remove it all from the Bonanza Star though - it was too goosed to sort out, shame that... I've put an L.E.D. strip in the marquee box on top just for effect.
The lights are all fine in the Jubilee, I haven't tried the jackpot yet, I can feel I'm messing about in the garage with it a bit too much (if you get my drift (wifey!)).... I feel like a secret drinker or summat, sneaking into the garage at every opportunity ha ha... !!ESCAPE!!
I'll let everyone know how I get on with it when I get a chance.... Andi.
ls14garlo

Post by ls14garlo »

!PUZZLED! Payout slides removed and polished up (and kept in order)... Problem now is, it's not paying out. I've forced a few different wins and it seems the slides "jump" forward when the cycle is happening and stay forward. When they jump forward about 8 coins drop out (I have to release the horizontal fingers to let the slides spring back).

Also, I've forced the jackpot and the solenoid doesn't fire either. I don't have the means to test it. I think I've seen the problem of the slides solved in another thread when I was looking a few weeks ago but can't find it now!

Sorry if I'm going over old ground here but I want to get it inside with the Bonanza Star so I can start on the Jubilee Cop A Lot lol... Cheers guys. (Any photos that you need, let me know what of and I'll upload some) :!?!:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Check you've replaced all of the springs to the horizontal fingers.

springs.jpg
springs.jpg (45.51 KiB) Viewed 2563 times

ls14garlo

Post by ls14garlo »

I took the fingers out(and I've kept them in order) to make it easier to get the springs off. They are numbered from the bottom: 2,3,4,5 up to the top one that's not numbered with a cut- away, just wondered if they were right in the first place, would the blank one be number 1 and from the bottom or am I just over-thinking.... :burp:
Attachments
DSC_1501a.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Never seen them numbered before.
Yes of course they might have been put back wrong, anything is possible.
Four of them look identical, so it shouldn't really matter, unless the bend alters where the slide sits.

Remember you're not just setting them up in the right order, they also have to be spring loaded and loose when the cycle resets everything. That is to say when the slides move forward (as handle is pulled) and their weight is taken off them you must be able to flick each one easily from the rear where the springs are.
If they don't something is wrong and it ain't going to work.
I always fit them back one at a time ensuring they slide in easily from the right slot at the back and through the right guide part way down and then (most important) butt up against the right slide.

The final test as to whether it's the right one in the right place is ....... with a winning line does the relevant vertical finger move the correct horizontal ones?

So check they are loose enough to be easily moved and to return, and then my last paragraph.

If while doing that the numbers stamped on them start to mistake all for the best!
ls14garlo

Post by ls14garlo »

All the horizontal fingers are lined up with the slides but I've noticed the 3rd vertical finger (from the front) is about an inch and a quarter shorter. The tip of it is rusty so I think it's actually broken and has been for some time... !!RANT!! Is that why it doesn't pay out - because it can't? I'll post some pics after...
The mech is forced to a two coin win, cherries, and it did everything it should barring pay out so have I been pi$$ing in the wind all this time?
I thought about swapping the mech over from the other Jubilee but then I'll end up with two bandits in bits! Hope one of you experts can confirm that will be the source of the payout problem then at least I know it's not me!!
Cheers guys..... !!SUICIDAL!! A
Attachments
_20160711_154107a.jpg
_20160711_154018a.jpg
_20160711_153949a.jpg
_20160711_153911a.jpg
_20160711_153834a.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

ls14garlo wrote:The mech is forced to a two coin win, cherries, and it did everything it should barring pay out so have I been pi$$ing in the wind all this time?
If that incorporates the vertical finger that is short, then I'd say undoubtedly a problem. I imagine it's not touching the bottom horizontal finger?

However that would only affect the cherry payout, all of the others must also deflect the bottom Horizontal Fingers to allow the coins above the bottom slide to drop through.

Do any of the vertical fingers reach to the bottom horizontal one? If not there's your problem.
ls14garlo

Post by ls14garlo »

Yeah Bp, they all reach, apart from the 3rd one. I know it's not rocket science but it's frustrating the he'll out of me.... I need to leave it for a while methinks and just start polishing up the other Jubilee!! We're going to Skeg-Vegas in a couple of weeks so I might see if I can sneak the mech in the car and sweet talk the missus and I'll have a cheeky drive to Lincoln? !!THUMBSX2!!??
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Move all 3 reels so the £1 win is on the centre reels then check which of the vertical fingers has a hole in the steel plate in front of it. You can do this with all the other win combinations so you can identify which vertical finger is responsible for which win combination. Generally, the vertical finger at rear of the mech will be cherries then moving forward to the front will be oranges then plums and again in general higher win combinations towards the front.

Once you have visibility which vertical finger is responsible for each win combination then you can follow each identified vertical finger to the base of the finger. If you compare the lower tip of each of the vertical fingers you should be able to visually see how each finger is cut out to trigger the different numbers of horizontal slides to match the payouts on the award card and see if the vertical fingers in the current position will release the correct number of slides at the bottom.

It looks like the £1 vertical finger may be the short one? e.g. the third one as when the jackpot is won it's only paying a single pound coin from the solenoid so that
vertical finger doesn't need to release any of the slides it just needs to move the switch where your wires go down the side of the mechanism?
Remember the vertical finger for the cherry payout is different to all the others as it's responsible for releasing one slide on one cherry payout and two slides on two cherry win.

Of course none of the above gets you to where you need to be but gives you the general knowledge to understand the interaction of the levers involved etc. Just confirm that when you cycle the machine that all 3 reels spin fine and stop in turn. Also that slides are free to move, e.g. not screwed down too tight at top cover.

Don't worry, this will be firing on all cylinders soon enough, well the minor awards up to 20p wins at least.

GP
titanic

Post by titanic »

ls14garlo wrote:Payout slides removed and polished up (and kept in order)... Problem now is, it's not paying out. I've forced a few different wins and it seems the slides "jump" forward when the cycle is happening and stay forward. When they jump forward about 8 coins drop out (I have to release the horizontal fingers to let the slides spring back.
I had a very similar problem to this after I had removed the payout slides. It turned out after replacing the slides, I had put the top plate back on (the one that holds the coin chute in place) the screw holes in it where oval shaped. I had fitted it too far back. By loosening the 4 screws and pulling the plate forward solved the payout problem. The top plate was stopping the arm behind the slides that pushes them forward from fully pushing them forward. It was making the slides jump forward instead of fully holding them all the way forward while cycling. Might be worth a look at?
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

The other thing that affects the slide release is the timing. There are threads on this and it may be a very minor adjustment to the dog may help.
ls14garlo

Post by ls14garlo »

!!CHEERS!! Wow... Thanks for those explanations and ideas. I'll have a look but I've started stripping the other Jubilee down now to give me a break. The other one looks like it's had its mechanism restored (it's the first time I've even opened it).

Most of it looks almost new, it just needs a good clean...The case has been re-painted quite badly, it's covered in runs but it'll be like new after I've finished.

I've been in touch with the chap I got the Jubilees from - they belonged to his father-in-law who passed 5 years ago and spent his last year's buying and "restoring" old coin-ops. It was him who took the Riviera apart and it hadn't paid out since... He also painted the case of the other! That might explain why I've been having these problems, someone trying to make things better has actually made it worse, with all good intentions.

They are getting rid of a Wurlitzer jukebox as well that he took apart and rebuilt but didn't ensure he knew what went where and now even though it plays, everything is mixed up. Not tricky to sort out - just needs the records to be in the right slots to match the selection panel, but it gives you an idea of what happens when you don't keep a record of what you're doing when stripping something to rebuild it.....

I need to try and work out that everything's right before I go any further so a big thank-you Aristomatic and Titanic for explaining all that and the tip regarding the plate. It''s these little problems that you would never know about if someone doesn't share them. I'll post back when I've had a look (I'll have to read it several times first though lol).....
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I think you're over complicating this. I don't think there is much wrong so don't start moving things around just yet. I'm sure Aristomatic is right about the short finger. It's been sawn off when the conversion was done - that's why the end is rusty. Set up wins as suggested; if it don't pay, try moving the various fingers and slides and see if it then pays. It's as if the slides are not being retained during the cycle check - the slide brake is cutting in and holding them back.
ls14garlo

Post by ls14garlo »

I'm sure I'm complicating it as well ha ha... I've looked at it that much now I've done my own head in!
I've had a lightbulb moment though - I've stripped the Cop A Lot to polish everything and I'm going to re-paint it in its original blue (I think) so I've got both mechanisms out. I'll just get them side by side and compare them. If there's something different about the problematic one I should be able to spot it? !!IDEA!!
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Nothing wrong in getting a similar mechanism side by side that's working fully to try to see any differences to identify on the non-working one where a part is missing broken or different tension etc. It may be a good idea next time you post to confirm what you believe is working and try to answer the questions that have been raised previously in the thread. so that if you don't resolve all the issues, then some posters will, by your answers be able to discount some of the possible issues/solutions and get you closer to the finish line.

gp
ls14garlo

Post by ls14garlo »

I've checked both mechanisms against each other and I can't see any visible differences or anything broken * BUT * There is a distinct difference in the timing of the sounds they make, notably the coin slides.... With the last two stops it does as the clock winds down, on the mechanism that won't pay, it's slides pop back almost at the same time as the penultimate clank, if that makes sense.... Will it be the timing? The wedge shaped block on the "business" side is at least 2mm further forward than the good one. Is that the dog? I hope I'm onto something here ha ha.... I'll put a photo on of both for comparison... The good one has the drop of oil on....
Attachments
DSC_1521a.jpg
DSC_1520a.jpg