EH / Collector Connector sales

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
mademenicole

Re: Elephant House Auctions

Post by mademenicole »

important results of todays auction at elephants ??

circle skill machine ?
spitfire pinball ?

thanks
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

I didn't go but told that 40 maybe 50 people there?

Watling went for around 1300 he said, others who went may be able to confirm or not.

gp
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Not sure on either exactly, but think the Circle Skill was around 460 to 480 and the printable around 500 ish.

Odd auction as some items went cheap and some rocketed.......example one of the Tooty Fruitys went for I think £120.

I bought the Safari allwin, nice blue Formica one for £290 with only Steve as my opposing bidder, as they were no commissions..... Like these machines, they are quality...

But machines like the Rotolite almost made £700.

There were not many machines, but a few hidden gems... For me the bargain and machine of the day, was a boring old Bryans clock.... the one that had been in an arcade basement for 45 years. This machine was like new, mint. I thought at first it had been recased, but no. it just had not been used. I was talking when this came up and it sold for £250.... Must be one of the best out there.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Results of June 26th sale now in the Arena - photos courtesy of TreeFrog.
hiflyer

Post by hiflyer »

What's happening to these auctions? The 24th July is supposed to be Vintage Amusements + Jukeboxes, Americana & Rock-n-Roll Retro. Really? Can't see me driving 100 miles for that stuff. Might as well go to a boot sale. :#:
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

One of our mods telephoned me about defamatory remarks in this thread yesterday, which we agreed should be edited or deleted. Before we concluded our conversation, the content was removed by the hosting server in response to an abuse report.

I don't wish to stifle free speech, but would like to remind members, for the sake of this website and the hobby in general, to exercise judgement in their postings.
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

I see that 2 more postings have been deleted from this string
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I think JC went a little too far on a public forum,which is what I hinted at in my post (which also got removed !PUZZLED! ) perhaps because it refered to his post :!?!:
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

In the interests of transparency, as I said above, two posts were removed from this thread, not by me or the moderators, but by the hosting service following an abuse report. This was coincident with my decision to remove the content, following a call from one of our moderators. I then removed another two posts yesterday, which would have triggered another abuse report, with possibly more serious consequences for the poster and this website.

As provider of this forum I try to steer a path between encouraging free speech and ensuring that content remains within civil and legal bounds.

I hope that clarifies what's been going on and I ask you to let it rest now. If anyone is interested in the section of the 2013 Defamation Act, as it applies to websites, see: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/201 ... /5/enacted

Wikipedia page on the act: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defamation_Act_2013
jingle

Post by jingle »

Auction wars
Could be a
New tv programme !SMARTY!
sutton

Post by sutton »

Did anyone go to the Elephant House this time? Any idea what the Hidden Treasure made?
moonriver

Post by moonriver »

Nobody seemed interested in it, no reserve, sold for £670, immaculate condition.
moonriver

Post by moonriver »

* just see how upset you would've been if I hadn't made that up.
clubconsoles

Post by clubconsoles »

Mills 4 Bells made a whooping £1700. These were considered little more than junk 20 years ago, not to mention a fire hazard with all that cloth covered wire!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Interestingly or oddly I did go and so did a few other established collectors, for the 5 bandits, 4 or 5 large amusements and a couple of wall (non allwin) machines....

Bandits were terrible and I was shocked by the prices, except the Pace, which was low if it sold. The Jennings was 100% repro, aristo mech, recasts, new case etc......and sold for stupid money.....

Anyway the best machine there the Hidden Treasure went for 3 grand.....second of the same sourced machines 2 serial numbers away and in very unmolested original condition.

Apart from that not much to add....thought the Coca Cola machine and cola boxes were cheap.
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

I think absentee bidders and not enough description and detailed pictures could be a problem.
For example :-
the little Columbia yesterday - I would have been happy to pay about £350 for it in its current condition but absentee bidders were pushing the price way up.
The reason why is because they see the picture and description, the description says 'working on 10 cents', so to them it's in working condition.
When they receive it or collect it, they will be disappointed when they find out the mech did not work, cash box was missing but mostly the top casting was cracked real bad. Had they seen or knew all that, I am sure they wouldn't have bid as much and people at the auction could have stood a chance at getting it at the price it was worth.

Anyways, just my tuppence worth lol.
ilovemyjukebox

Post by ilovemyjukebox »

Having attended a few Elephant House Auctions I would only ever buy now if I had previously held the item in my hand.

I did once leave an absentee bid and then spent four weeks or more trying to get it refunded back when it wasn't even placed.
clubconsoles

Post by clubconsoles »

I placed my first absentee bid with Elephant House this weekend, so hoping I don't have the same problem as ilovemyjukebox.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Absentee bids at EH are OK if you stick to only doing it for low amounts on things you'd kind of like but not real bothered, and assume they are poorer than they look. I've bought several things there that way and have never been disapointed and had them delivered for just 10 pound. If you want to bid high on something you just must have, then you're crazy not to go see it first.
pennymad

Post by pennymad »

Hi,
Does anyone have the results from today's auction please?