Coventry Auction - Sunday 27th November 2016

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
youngerap

Re: Coventry Auction - Sunday 27th November 2016

Post by youngerap »

jukeboxjury wrote:No more! No more! Must see a Doctor.

Ohh...Doctor Nooky what's that suppository doing behind your ear? .....OHH god some bums got my Biro
Blimey, this bloke is an odd one. Almost funny but there is an undercurrent of nastiness that just stops it short of a laugh. !PUZZLED!
jingle

Post by jingle »

What ever auction jukeboxjury is going am going the same
One ,I can't wait to meet him :cool:
bill gates

Post by bill gates »

Just noticed a nice selection of machines added to this year's Coventry auction. Got my eye on one or two already !THUMBS!
JC

Post by JC »

Yes, the machine list is coming along nicely.
I've just added a few more pictures:

http://www.vintageamusementsauctions.co ... 4593176535
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Jerry,
whats the score with catalogues this year now there is no MMM mag. do we just buy on the door with our entrance fee or will me need to print our own from the web site? Also can you confirm for anyone who might be new what time sellers are allowed in and what time the public with paper bags of cash can get in :cool:
JC

Post by JC »

We no longer produce a printed catalogue, so a PDF catalogue will be available to download from the website a week or so before the auction.
Viewing commences 10.30 - buyers will not be admitted earlier than this. Vendors are asked to arrive from about 9.30.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Any interested parties turning up before 09.30 will be roped into helping with: -
Clearing the floor
Setting up trestle tables
Oiling the dancing girls
Frisking everyone for knives, and handing one out if they haven't got one.
:didact:
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Ill be there early as long as Jerry promises not to turn the music on till after 10.30 !SERANADE!
raj

Post by raj »

I'll second that, and bring along a flashlight and some earplugs.
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

just had look at the updated entries

looks great, something for everyone

well done to all those involved and

the sellers for committing machines.

and hope you all have a great fun day

GP
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

As is predicted, nice machines are coming up in both auctions, so what to do !PUZZLED!

Of course one can leave bids at the elephant, but it is not the same. One can easily view both auctions in advance of course, but.......

One option is to buddy up with someone, so who wants to to split cash and act in proxy for both auctions !!UHOH!! It is a shame the timings of both auctions don't differ more. The other problem for the elephant will be cash flow, as a much higher % of wins will be bids left.......

Any thoughts
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

" It is a shame the timings of both auctions don't differ more."

That makes it sound like an accident or something unavoidable.
Rather than the aggressive and deliberate act that it is.

JC and I have been impressed and very grateful at the number of lots that have already been entered for Coventry by today's date .... without us banging on people's doors.
So far we have double the number of vendors than we've had on previous years. That says something
Normally we are pestering the regulars like crazy around now, but this year they have rallied for us.

Hence, we truthfully guarantee that every lot at Coventry is entered to be sold.

As has already been said The EH decision to crash our date is not simply a business decision it's pure self greed.
It inconveniences everybody but them.
However it does harm ......
*The Hobby
*The Vendors
*The Buyers :!?!:

I don't blame anyone going for the machine they want, and I also wonder what kind of events you all want in the future and how you feel about being manipulated.
BP
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I know people will moan at me..they always moan at me on here..Im used to it :lol:
but in my view..and only my view,(Im not trying to influence anyone else), Im choosing Coventry on principle and sod any machines at EH Id might like, Ill go to EH any other time,no problem but this time Ill make my personal stand..because of the way this was done and the obvious reasons why it was done !VICTORY!
mervyngoodhew

Post by mervyngoodhew »

I think Hunt might have shot himself in the foot
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I think Hunt might have shot himself in the foot

I doubt it, most are only interested in getting a bargain not the hobby as a whole or the long term effects
even if he has he wont admit it of course,I could write his reaction to the 27th Nov auction right now
"best attended and most successful auction we ever had!!!"
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

I will be at Coventry for one simple reason................. it is organised by dedicated collectors who are more than willing to help fellow collectors in this interesting hobby, they deserve support.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

coppinpr wrote:I doubt it, most are only interested in getting a bargain not the hobby as a whole or the long term effects...
You forget Paul, that is what collectors do, not sure what you mean by long term effects.....
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

as mentioned several times in the thread if this attempt to destroy the Coventry auction was successful (it wont be) the long term effects on the hobby would be determental to the hobby as a whole, as to what collectors do, as I said I doubt Steve has shot himself in the foot because,as I inferred looking for a bargain is what most people do, I have chosen to boycott Eh because I believe its the best thing for the hobby thats all :cool:

p.s. if your a bandit man like me there are twice as many bandits at Coventry than there are at EH (not including SH) as of todays lists :lol:
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

But Paul the issue is collectors will carry on, selling and buying will still happen etc etc , I do not believe it is bad for the hobby, but I do agree is is unnecessary as there is room for both. That is the sad part of it......

What is interesting is that volumes of machines are being submitted to both which confirms that the above.

These days I tend to have spread my collecting interests and there are 3 or 4 machines I am interested in both auctions, that there lies the issue as a collector, one should not feel guilty for that, as such as per my original post, any buddies out there, not that I would trust you with my cash :burp:
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

So your saying that losing coventry wouldnt be bad for the hobby? You dont believe this whole thing is an attempt by sh to force coventry out? So i ask two questions 1.then why did he do it as clearly its not in his interest to cut possible attandance on the day? 2. What does he hope to gain from it if not to gain a monolopy of the market in the long run?
You yourself have said its causing you a problem because you want machines at both auctions,isnt that alone bad for the hobby? Of course it is