Comment on this site; suggest improvements; be firm but polite.
Bent Copper
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:44 pm
Location: UK

Quote function broken

Postby Bent Copper » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:41 pm

What's happened to the Quote Function?

When quoting a previous post, the quote comes up in enormous black letters on a white background. This makes it look as though the quote is far more important than the reply (which in some cases it is, but that's not the point).

Call Web Site Repair Man.

Bent Copper
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:44 pm
Location: UK

Re: Quote function broken

Postby Bent Copper » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:30 am

Bent Copper wrote:What's happened to the Quote Function?

When quoting a previous post, the quote comes up in enormous black letters on a white background. This makes it look as though the quote is far more important than the reply (which in some cases it is, but that's not the point).

Call Web Site Repair Man.
Blimey you're right. :shock:
I wonder what's gone wrong

Bent Copper
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:44 pm
Location: UK

Re: Quote function broken

Postby Bent Copper » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:50 am

Bent Copper wrote:
Bent Copper wrote:What's happened to the Quote Function?

When quoting a previous post, the quote comes up in enormous black letters on a white background. This makes it look as though the quote is far more important than the reply (which in some cases it is, but that's not the point).

Call Web Site Repair Man.
Blimey you're right. :shock:
I wonder what's gone wrong
I don't know, but I'm glad it's not just me that's affected.

Ooh look - the first quote is even bigger now. :eek:

I predict that after the 4th quote it will explode.

Bent Copper
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:44 pm
Location: UK

Re: Quote function broken

Postby Bent Copper » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:53 am

Bent Copper wrote:
Bent Copper wrote:
Bent Copper wrote:What's happened to the Quote Function?

When quoting a previous post, the quote comes up in enormous black letters on a white background. This makes it look as though the quote is far more important than the reply (which in some cases it is, but that's not the point).

Call Web Site Repair Man.
Blimey you're right. :shock:
I wonder what's gone wrong
I don't know, but I'm glad it's not just me that's affected.

Ooh look - the first quote is even bigger now. :eek:

I predict that after the 4th quote it will explode.
Well we'll just have to wait and see. Surely it can't get any bigger. :cool:

User avatar
pennymachines
Site Admin
Posts: 4705
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2002 12:12 am
Location: The Black Country
Contact:

Re: Quote function broken

Postby pennymachines » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:54 am

OUCH! THAT'S TOO LOUD!

Yeah - something got screwed up when I altered the forum style. Haven't quite mastered CSS (Cascading Style Sheets). What's more, some of the text links are too small. I'll try to fix it soonish.

User avatar
pennymachines
Site Admin
Posts: 4705
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2002 12:12 am
Location: The Black Country
Contact:

Re: Quote function broken

Postby pennymachines » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:28 pm

Bent Copper wrote:What's happened to the Quote Function?
OK I tweaked it. Better now?
Still some work to do.

Bent Copper
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:44 pm
Location: UK

Re: Quote function broken

Postby Bent Copper » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:31 am

PennyMachines wrote:
Bent Copper wrote:What's happened to the Quote Function?
OK I tweaked it. Better now?
Still some work to do.
Just testing it. It still looks the same to me. :?
Try tweaking it anti-clockwise. :idea:

User avatar
pennymachines
Site Admin
Posts: 4705
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2002 12:12 am
Location: The Black Country
Contact:

Re: Quote function broken

Postby pennymachines » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:21 am

Aha! I'm guessing you're seeing a cached version of the un-tweaked style saved on your computer.
Please try clearing the cache. How to Clear Your Browser's Cache


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests