Mills coin tube blocks when full

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
sarg

Mills coin tube blocks when full

Post by sarg »

Mills Golden Falls - when the coin tube is full some coins will drop down into the jackpot and cashbox but not long after it just blocks up. :!?!:

So I'm pulling the mech out, emptying the tube every time it's full - getting a bit frustrated with it now.

Oh, and one more thing - all the payouts are wrong. :lol:
Attachments
20170309_174524.jpg
coppinpr

Re: Mills coin tube blocks when full

Post by coppinpr »

Could we see a photo from a little further back and one from the other side? Something looks odd here unless I'm confused by the angle. Is that nasty old grease I can see? Is everything working smoothly?

So what's wrong with the payouts? Wrong amounts? Payout card not same as payouts? Or reel strips read wrong when there is a payout?
sarg

Post by sarg »

I'm at work tonight - I will post up better pictures tomorrow.

With the payouts it doesn't payout on 3 plums, 2 cherrys pays out 4, bells pays out 16 sometimes 14, oranges 6.

http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv17 ... 211500.png
Attachments
Screenshot_20170309-211500.png
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

How long have you had it?
Did it ever pay out properly in that time?
What does it pay out on? Or doesn't it pay out on anything?

The issue of your tube blocking is likely to be a separate issue. You have a deflector fitted which will throw occasional coins into the bank (which you describe).
As Coppinpr points out there looks to be a lot of dry grease there.
That might be stopping the clearing lever at the top of the tube from firing across at the end of each cycle. That's the lever that clears excess coins at the top of the tube and kicks them off towards the jackpot and then the cashbox.
Even without playing a coin just pulling the handle will see that lever retract from the top of the pay out tube.

BP
sarg

Post by sarg »

Payouts mentioned in my last post.

Haven't had it long, only just noticed payouts as I've just started using it.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Sorry I was asking (badly) if those were all of the payout actions, what about those ending in Bar?
I guess the jackpot fires and resets OK?
On 3 plums, does the vertical finger engage through the payout discs?

I don't recognise the denomination, it doesn't look British to me.
Where are you, and do you want someone to look at it for you?

BP
sarg

Post by sarg »

2 plums and a bar doesn't pay, oranges with a bar does pay out 6 coins, and bells with bar pays 16 coins.

Jackpot pays out fine.

Some pictures of the mech. Before someone bollocks me, that grease is not my doing. :lol:
Attachments
20170310_141431.jpg
20170310_141133.jpg
20170310_140526.jpg
20170310_140537.jpg
20170310_140458.jpg
sarg

Post by sarg »

Attachments
20170310_140436.jpg
20170310_140421.jpg
20170310_140350.jpg
20170310_140328.jpg
sarg

Post by sarg »

And a picture of some grease :oops:
Attachments
20170310_140601.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

OK .... we can clear up the coins jamming in the tube problem.

As I said last night ......
badpenny wrote: ....the clearing lever at the top of the tube from firing across at the end of each cycle. That's the lever that clears excess coins at the top of the tube and kicks them off towards the jackpot and then the cashbox.
Even without playing a coin just pulling the handle will see that lever retract from the top of the payout tube.

BP
It's clear to see that the lever hasn't been reinserted in the slot at the top, back of the coin tube. When you remove the tube the lever will fall loose. Upon reinstating the coin tube, it's easy to forget it.

Look at your photo and you'll see that lever indicated by the small arrow needs to be fed into the slot indicated by the big arrow before securing the tube in place.

this one.jpg

As for the payouts, I asked about the vertical finger for 3 plums. Without knowing how they are behaving, I can only guess that all is well, but grease may be gunging up the slides or maybe the American coins are too thick if the slides were built for something else. Not enough info.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Are you sure this is a nickel machine?

Also the coin tube looks huge for the coin size, in fact the coin slide cover if a different size coin entry for the slides themselves........ looks like a mix and match of bits.
sarg

Post by sarg »

Thanks I will put that lever on the tube - I didn't realise what that was. You can tell I'm a amateur at this.

As for payouts I'm confused - I don't know what a vertical finger is. Are you near Exeter badpenny by any chance?
sarg

Post by sarg »

treefrog wrote:Are you sure this is a nickel machine?

That's what I was told. The tube does look big, but it is thick-walled. It's heavy for what it is.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Something is not right here. The tube and cover look like possibly a 1D size. You are likely to get issues with coins stacking, affecting payout.... Would not be difficult to change and fix.

What BP said about the overflow lever will fix that issue....
sarg

Post by sarg »

I will take some more photos tomorrow of the coin tube and coins with measurements.

What do you mean about 'cover' treefrog?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Sadly I'm in West Midlands (Rugby)
Let's see if anyone else comes forward, we do have a couple or three gurus in the South West'ish.

I guess TF is referring to the plate that sits on top of the slides and accommodates the bottom of the tube.
Slides will often be fine at handling coins that are a bit small in diameter, but not thickness.

BP
sarg

Post by sarg »

1st problem sorted @&@

20170311_155129.jpg

Coin tube photo with a nickel.

20170311_153421.jpg

I played a cycle and stopped the clock and lined up the plum win - still no payout. I hope these photos will help.

20170311_154440.jpg

20170311_154454.jpg

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Well done.

You've also found the vertical fingers and the payout discs.
Clearly there aren't any holes in the disc nearest to the fingers, which is the one for the first reel.
So there is something 'orribly wrong there. With the three plums showing peer down between the discs and see if there are holes lined up on the other two.
I'm suspecting more time has been spent making this machine look cool than getting it doing what it should.

Now you've got the lever in place, you need to get the slides out and stack coins in them to see if it's physically possible for them to deliver the numbers of coins the award card is boasting about. Those coins look a tight fit in the tube, they may also be in the slides. Make sure you keep them in the right order!
More importantly the thickness of the coins may not match the available thickness. Have you tried different coins?

BP
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Looks to me BP as if there is a hole on the first disc very close to the second finger but the finger is missing it by a fraction. Do you agree? :!?!: If that's the case, then could it be the first disc is a touch out, catching some holes OK but not all?

As TF says, some of the parts look "heavy duty" to say the least. The slides will be the key to the coins. Could be they are just very dirty (I suspect you know this sarg, but no oil anywhere near the slides, just clean and shiny). :cool:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

It could be, you're right. It would be good to know if the second and third discs have holes in line with it.
The teeth for the kicker seem to be in line.