Vintage slot machine website changes hands

General vintage slot machine related topics.
treefrog

Re: VINTAGE slot machine website for sale

Post by treefrog »

Well good luck Paul, you have more time than some of us and I know maintaining sites can be time consuming.

Would still recommend registering a related domain name as would get better visibility and be easier to remember. Also it would be good to carry on the manufacturer theme, still believe we do not have a good database of manufacturers and machines. Would be happy to assist where I can with my limited resources and knowledge.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I am now happy to confirm I am the silent partner in this enterprise, and as such shouldn't say another word!
!SOFA!
.... other than to mention Stuart and I have been old muckers since we ended up standing in the dock together just before they repealed hanging (anxious times).

Paul and I share an interest in The British Amusement Arcade per se, all the different kinds of machines found in one, and most things illegal and dodgy.

We have a format in mind, and will most certainly be keeping Stuart's hard earned research.

More to follow in time.
BP
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Gentlemen i wish you all the best in this adventure and i will follow your trip! !THUMBS!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Thank you.
I shall be asking you to write an article about your childhood experiences with amusement machines.

We know nothing about Holland'land arcades or fairs.

PS how did you know I fall over easily?
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Well, about the fairs and arcades there's not that much to write about :D . But my fascination about bandits must be started around 1984 when i was on the ferry to england and the captain was asking who was stealing all his money and My pockets where loaded with coins. !!RAYOF!!
And about your last question off course i used google translate :dammit:
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

One question though, why are there soooo many British amusements in Holland. You often see especially Allwins, but a lot of British coinage bandits as well !PUZZLED! Never see them come up in France, Spain etc was having this conversation with a couple of collectors recently
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

There was nothing wrong with the word trip, I just deliberately used it's other meaning.

You're English is indrukwekkend :cool:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

treefrog wrote:One question though, why are there soooo many British amusements in Holland. You often see especially Allwins, but a lot of British coinage bandits as well !PUZZLED! Never see them come up in France, Spain etc was having this conversation with a couple of collectors recently
When I lived in Spain 1974 there were no gambling machines, pinballs in every bar. Every 3rd shop was a bar. And everybody gambling on them to escape paying for the round ...... but no gambling machines!
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Treefrog, i've bin told that some collectors were travelling in the early years driving by car to england and travelling the whole country to spend every penny they had. I bought two machines from former pub owners who had business in the sixties, for example the mills 21 bell o matics. But that's far before i discovered pubs!
13rebel

Post by 13rebel »

badpenny wrote:There was nothing wrong with the word trip, I just deliberately used it's other meaning.

You're English is indrukwekkend :cool:
BP, YOUR English is not so indrukwekkend :didact:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Indeed rebel, I was thinking in Dutch grammar :oops:
13rebel

Post by 13rebel »

Je bent verontschuldigd. ;-)
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Are you really? .... well your secret's safe with me !!COOEE!!
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Just a quick update on Stuart's old site,

We now have a nice new shiny domain name, penny-arcade.info. The old site will remain untouched under its old name while we format the new site using modern site builder tools, and test out styles/colours and the like. As the existing pages are are in a very old format, it will take time to convert them over to the new site but it seems to be possible with no loss of content. The site will not have its own forum, this is our forum, it will be free to all but might have a provision for registered members with access to certain features such as selling pages, and it will cover ALL types of coin operated machines.

We are very much still testing things out, any comments and ideas will be much appreciated.
:cool:
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Here is the latest page to be re-formatted and have extra content added:
http://penny-arcade.info/amusement-arca ... m-the-past
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Could've sworn I already brought this to Stuart's attention years ago? But there's a mistake I always spot with the photo captioned "Joe Fletchers Arcade Lickey Hills 1921" - can't be that old as there's a 1928 German Richard Reichert Hen House vendor plainly showing underneath the "Admission Free" sign.
highfield

Post by highfield »

Brilliant photos. Members on here must be able to add to these.
!!THUMBSX2!!
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

I like it - nice clear layout. The pictures look especially good against the black background. !THUMBS! But the outer border pattern with the little circles makes my eyes go funny - especially when scrolling. !!HYPNO!!
coppinpr

Re: VINTAGE slot machine website changes hands

Post by coppinpr »

Consider it gone, just the sort of helpful info we need, thanks MrP. !!THUMBSX2!!
13rebel

Re: VINTAGE slot machine website changes hands

Post by 13rebel »

Whilst I admire your skill in this venture and I don't like to put down your efforts but as you asked for comments I thought I would mention the following. I find that as many images have been reduced in size, presumably to make the images sharper and to save space, I feel that the vintage arcade section has lost much of its 'soul'. Perhaps it's the black background I dislike. Perhaps I just need to get used to it. Sorry, I mean well.