Whilst I'm here.....

Comment on this site; suggest improvements; be firm but polite.
JC

Whilst I'm here.....

Post by JC »

It's not a huge problem, but I've found that once I'm logged-in, I can't log out.
When browsing the forum, I don't log in anyway - but if I want to post (as I just have), I of course have to log in, but then I'm held captive. I've tried closing the browser and opening again, but I'm still logged in.
So I have to wait until I switch off the computer at the end of the day, and then when I switch on again the following day, everything's back to normal.

I've really got more important things to worry about (and I'm sure you do too PM) - but just thought you should be made aware.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Whilst I'm here.....

Post by pennymachines »

Thanks JC - I had noticed that with my login but thought it only applied to admin.
A temporary fix, until I home in on the issue, if you go to the link 'Delete all board cookies', bottom right of page - that should log you out (but will also remove records of posts you've read, etc.)
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

I find it easier to be kept logged in, that way you do not have to keep entering all the log-in info every time you visit and you go then straight to the forum page. :cool:
Having said that JC, to log out all you do is hover your mouse arrow on your log-in name (top right of screen) or the down arrow next to it, and there is a sub menu with 'log out' at the bottom. !!JUNK!!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I guess that is the point, it does not work for some of us. I found this issue starting happening when Mr PM tried to fix an issue at the beginning of the year when people said they were having issues logging in. Whatever was done had an opposite effect for me.

It looks to be possibly tied to some kind of time-out or keep alive component, as if I use the logout button and then do not touch the site for a period of time, it will work. No idea what the period is as not been that scientific, but more than 5 minutes. I am not keen on clearing cookies to resolve issues as this is a pain.

One thing that has been fixed though with time-out as a positive effect, if I was in a poor network and in the middle of typing a response I used to lose all my post text I was typing as you would get logged out. I assume again tied to time-out settings, no longer happens any more, which is good when using on the move.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

I think I've fixed the logout problem JC described.