American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
coppinpr

Re: Several allwins on ebay

Postby coppinpr » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:26 pm

Reject and payout :!?!: and what is the little vertical letter box under the angled coin entry? !PUZZLED!

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:53 am

If you look there are two pay tubes, although they look the same size. The payouts are 3 choices up to 9d with three coin slides, so the window and extra tube may be from some past feature, e.g. Jackpot.

jimmycowman

Postby jimmycowman » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:01 pm

Maybe you have to manually fill the one side.
_20170628_215951.JPG

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:17 pm

I wondered if the vertical coin chute swings from one tube to the other on a central pivot when you crank the mechanism. The whole thing is very odd. These games usually have a maximum payout of six or nine coins, so a jackpot is unexpected. If it comes from the second tube, why does there appear to be a jackpot window? A separate cup just for the jackpot also seems a bit redundant. A real puzzler! :!?!:

john t peterson

Postby john t peterson » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:57 am

Come on, Gameswat; sort this one out for us!

J Peterson
Out of sorts in America

gameswat

Postby gameswat » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:17 am

Usually there is only one 9D payout on the wheels. And glass does say Jackpot. But not sure how the double slide system would work without better photos? I have a few theories but too busy to get into that right now. Looks like quite a few old screw holes around that jackpot window. I'd guess that was just a static display.

gameswat

Postby gameswat » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:35 pm

OK, finally had time to look at the other photos of this unusual Corn Exchange Jackpot. You can see there are two slits to the front side of the 2nd jackpot payout tube. This has to be so the exact number of coins in the Jackpot could be counted through the front glass, otherwise the Future Pay payout system used in this game would be pointless to counter the law.

The idea of these games being that there was no gambling if you knew ahead of time exactly what the game would pay. They did this by showing the winning amount in a small window but only allowing the payout to happen at the beginning of the next coin cycle.

The alloy coin chute that feeds the 1st standard payout tube only moves slightly on all the Exchanges I've had and not enough to reach the other jackpot tube without some kind of missing mechanism. But I don't think it ever did because you can see that tube #1 has an overflow channel cut into while the #2 jackpot tube does not. This implies a hand loaded jackpot.

The reason for two cups is fairly easy to answer as these are very narrow cups and even a win of 9 coins tended to fill the whole thing up, any more coins would have caused huge jams. I'm sure this was a later re-vamp to an original single cup game, so the easiest thing to do was just place another cup right next to the original. If this was an original design they'd have cast a suitable large cup to handle so many possible coins. The first cup appears to be exactly where they always sit on a standard model.

But what perplexes me is the added mechanism (sadly appears incomplete) that is attached to the inside lower mech frame just above the handle? Some kind of vertical sliding bar with multiple holes in it. I'll bet this has something to do with all those screw holes in the jackpot window, but what for? Maybe someone on the forum purchased the machine? Went very cheap I thought.

Also had a little think about how the jackpot slides could work since they are attached to the original payout slides. And you didn't want any coins being paid from the jackpot tube on a 3D or 6D win, which would have happened if this was the same as the standard slide setup. So the two lowest slides should be open below the jackpot tube, but the top slide had to be partly covered to hold all the coins until a 9D jackpot triggered, then the tube emptied. This also allowed the two slits in the jackpot tube to show all the coins that were to be won and be lawful.
corn exchange jackpot 1.jpg
corn exchange jackpot 2.jpg
Last edited by gameswat on Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gameswat

Postby gameswat » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:36 pm

Hey PM, not sure why this is on an allwin heading but could you stitch it onto something Corn Exchange related please?

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:41 pm

Yeah PM get your finger out.
Who do you think you are, coming up with this website & forum, paying for it like, and then dragging your heels when someone posts a photo?

:lol:

gameswat

Postby gameswat » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:05 pm

I thought that was the job for "Forum Moderators", menial boring tasks that MR PM has no care for? :!?!: dirtdog