Hello

Tell us a bit about yourself.
reject

Hello

Post by reject »

Just a quick introduction. I was born in 1940 and apprenticed to the Radio and TV repair business in the mid 50’s, just at the start of the rock and roll era. I was always fascinated by jukeboxes, pintables and all sorts of slot machines, including seaside arcades and piers. I eventually worked for a dealer who, as well as R&TV repairs had a contract for fruit machines and jukeboxes. I have been collecting most of my life, old radio’s, TV’s, vintage lorries, and about 17 jukeboxes with small selection of slot machines thrown in. I have now sold most of this but retain a Jennings Club Chief, 2 Allwins a Keeneys Crazy Gang and a Criss Cross EM wall machine of unknown origin, plus a couple of jukes.
I still have an active involvement with a travelling arcade (Kevin Gamlen’s, father of Georgina Carter) and hope to be at the Great Dorset Steam Fair, The Goodwood Revival and Coxley Green. I would be pleased to chat to any members if they are at these events, please ask for Dave.
treefrog

Re: Hello

Post by treefrog »

Welcome Dave,

Would love to go to the Dorset Steam fair and many on here know Kevin, especially as the fine auctioneer at Coventry....

Maybe I will see you there if I make it this year
ddstoys

Post by ddstoys »

Welcome aboard Dave
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

welcome to the site,would like to see a photo of the " Criss Cross EM wall machine of unknown origin," :lol:
rol-a-top

Post by rol-a-top »

What is the Coxley Green event please? As I'm in Enfield and believe it isn't far from me. Thanks!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Assume it is the Carters Steam Fair in the 17th Sept
reject

Post by reject »

PICT0005c.jpg

PICT0004c.JPG

Pictures of Criss Cross as requested, I think it must be of German origin possibly made for export as all the instructions are in English.
The Coxley Green event is indeed Carters steam fair, supported by a free vintage car and lorry show.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Your machine is a 1965 Wulff "Optima Supra" with a UK glass (the glass may well be German made)
optima supea.jpg