Bingolett

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
junior

Bingolett

Post by junior »

Hi,
I have a Bingolett on new 1p. It says you get 1 ball 3 times. I thought there were several balls. Was the machine made in different formats and can somebody tell me how to fill the payout tube and how to get the front glass out to change blown light bulbs?
Thanks
dirk55

Re: Bingolett

Post by dirk55 »

Hi junior

The Bingolett has only 1 ball - you get 3 chances.
As far as I know there are three versions of this machine the Bingolett and two versions of the Rialto, one of which had a time out auto flick but I'm not 100% sure so maybe someone with more knowledge than me can put this right.

You say yours is on 1p. You can if you like use 20p coins.
Look at your coin tube and see if there is a slot (there is on mine). If so, you can fill the tube up from here.

You mention about changing the bulbs these are 12 volt.
I recommend you replace these with LED type as the standard ones if left on any length of time melt the plastic surround. LED bulbs (lamps) are cool burn so much safer. You can get them off ebay.

To open the glass front, open the main door and look for around 5 hex bolts that are painted blue. Undo these (take care not to drop them on to any off the fragile relays).
(MAKE SURE POWER IS OFF).

Can you post photos of the inside - this will help if the bolts I mentioned have been replaced and are no longer colour coded. Have fun.

Derek

Forgot to mention - after undoing the bolts before you open the door make sure you pull the flicker down or the door will not open.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

There were, I think, four models: Bingolette (1959), Bingolux (1960), Tivoli (1961), Rialto (1964) (plus the timed version of the Rialto). The most interesting looking one to me is the Bingolux.
Attachments
bingolux.jpg
bingolux.jpg (8.72 KiB) Viewed 7662 times
junior

Post by junior »

Thanks for your helpful replies.
junior

Post by junior »

Photo of back of machine
Attachments
IMG_0432a.jpg
dirk55

Post by dirk55 »

Thanks for posting the photo. OK so there is no slot on the coin tube that I can see. Therefore your options are feed the coins through the coin slot at the side of the machine while the door is open. When you see the coin come to rest, bring the pivot arm down which is located to the right of the coin to push the coin into the tube. Or cut a slot slightly bigger than the coin on a slight angle sloping down (higher at the front) about 15 to 20mm under the coin tube clamp. This is how it is on my machine but of course the choice is yours.

Regarding the hex bolts it looks like they are colour coded and, if I remember, you also need to loosen the bolt to the left of the the spring adjuster at bottom left.
Again make sure power is off when feeding the coins in.
junior

Post by junior »

Thanks - one more thing, when the ball is initially flicked into play the very first post it hits has not got any rubber on it. What can I replace it with?
dirk55

Post by dirk55 »

Go to your local fishing tackle shop - you can buy rubber tubing from there. Best to change all of them.
junior

Post by junior »

Hi,
The stop post - should it have a rubber sleeve on it and what do I look for when searching for light bulbs? The bulbs are 3 different sizes.
dirk55

Post by dirk55 »

The stop posts (bumpers) have a rubber grommet over them to bounce the ball into the playfield.
The size of lamps for the numbers are 30mm qty 28.
In the playfield these are 36 mm qty 7.
There are 3 sizes originally but I could not find the other size in LED but the 36mm works fine.
junior

Post by junior »

Thanks dirk.
It's a nice machine and after I've cleaned the back playfield up it should look better. Ideally it needs a new front glass.
glittering-prize67

Post by glittering-prize67 »

The lamps in these are called festoon bulbs. You can't use LED lamps as the the filament lamps already fitted are AC. The LEDs are DC. It will not work unless you alter the lamp output to DC. It will also need to be regulated and not just through a bridge rec., otherwise your LED lamps won't last 5 mins.
desastev

Post by desastev »

I am interested in [please post adverts in the wanted section - thank you]. Does anyone know where I can get a good working one.?
I am in the UK
cait001

Post by cait001 »

OK Bingolette fans, I have spotted something kind of interesting:
In this video of the Flip Expo show in Le Treporte, France I spotted what looks to be a modern solid-state version of the Bingolette games?
It is in a cabaret arcade cab and the winnings seem to be digital numbers.

Anyone know what this is?
bingolette modern vers.jpg

5:10 in the video video
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

I don't know what it is, but nice line up of wall machines, briefly glimpsed.
Attachments
pinball-wallmachines.jpg
sparks.jpg
2-Ems.jpg
2jukes.jpg
cait001

Post by cait001 »

I got so annoyed when the video briefly showed that tables of penny games, and then the guy just pivots and goes the other way! COME ON! :HaHa:
cait001

Post by cait001 »

coppinpr wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:15 pm There were, I think, four models: Bingolette (1959), Bingolux (1960), Tivoli (1961), Rialto (1964) (plus the timed version of the Rialto). The most interesting looking one to me is the Bingolux.
Does anyone have any info on the "timed version"? How does the timer work?
I haven't found any schematics that include the timer.
Ours is autoplunging immediately.
cait001

Post by cait001 »

A more important question:
the coin microswitch is busted. Can anyone recommend a replacement that would work???
Any help greatly appreciated.
cait001

Post by cait001 »

My Rialto is all fixed and working great!
You can find my friend's repair thread here: https://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?t=25552

There is shrink tube over one of the switches to prevent the timer auto-plunging the ball.
North America is 60 Hz to 50 over there, so things run a little bit faster and the auto plunge was rather fast. Can readily be undone.

Now on to my Ballwin project...
Attachments
20190818_211523a.jpg
dirk55

Post by dirk55 »

Hi cait001
Glad the rialto is all up and running I'm sure you will have lots of fun with it.thankyou for posting the link very informative.
Derek