The Salisbury Auction - How was it for you?

General vintage slot machine related topics.
cheeky

The Salisbury Auction - How was it for you?

Post by cheeky »

Well congratulations to Cliff and the other team members for bringing together some rare machines and selling them at a location with plenty of parking and seats to sit on.

From a personal perspective, I thoroughly enjoyed the auction and spent all of my savings!

The cast iron football game which caught the eye of the illusionist David Copperfield is to remain in the UK after some stiff competition. It sold for a mere £18,000.000 (£18K)

Another rarity, a Bryans' Windmill made £3000.00.

There were some bargains to be had though and some special pieces from the great collector himself Mr Mills who also owned the aforementioned football game, a John Wayne cowboy and a Cocktail girl with Mills High top mechanisms making £2,200 and £2,100 respectively.

Congratulations to all concerned and of course to Mr Mills' daughter and other team members who worked tirelessly throughout.

A special thank you to Pennymachines for connecting us up through his site!

Well done to all.
Attachments
LOW RES CLIFF MILLS.jpg
bryans machines

Re: The Salisbury Auction - How was it for you?

Post by bryans machines »

Yes, really have to agree that the auction seemed a great success. It had a good solid range of machines, was set in pleasant surroundings and everyone involved semed to make a great effort to run it smoothly; all pretty impressive for a first attempt. I think the only question is..is there going to be another and if so when! Oh, and if they can put together an auction...any chance of a magazine...I hear there's a vacancy there too.
Yorkshire Pudding

Post by Yorkshire Pudding »

Sadly I could not attend :cry:

Can somebody give me an idea of what prices some of the other Bryans machines realised?

Ta.......... Keith
cheeky

Post by cheeky »

I expect a deluge of replies but from memory the Retreeva made £3,000 and a Payramid £1300. Clocks were selling for about £400 and a very early Pilwin went for £650.00.

Hope this helps!
terry

Post by terry »

Whilst it's still fresh in peoples memories, did anyone notice what the BMCo. Favourite allwin sold for??
bryans fan

B M Co. Allwin

Post by bryans fan »

The B M Co Allwin "The Favouirite" went for £525 I believe
cheeky

Post by cheeky »

BUT my original question was "How was it for you?"

What did you think of the auction? Should we encourage the team involved in the Salisbury auction to hold another?
bryans fan

Slot Mag

Post by bryans fan »

I think that if a new magazine was launched it would be well supported by all of the slot collecting community. I for one really looked forward to mine every month. However I don't think the readership would extend beyond us collectors. It is quite a minority hobby in relation to other areas of collecting.
Steve Hunt's idea of a full colour glossy mag on the shelves of W H Smiths was rather optimistic.
John Hansons mag , was just right I thought, and it was a great shame that it ceased production
bryansjim

John Hanson's mag

Post by bryansjim »

I too thought John Hanson's mag was a gud un. I attended his auctions which were quite good and not too far for me. But he had someone throw a spanner in the works by ringing the hotel they were held at the day before stating that because he did not have a gaming board license, if the auction went ahead the machines would be seized. (I have my suspicions).
When the mag finally finished I was not owed anything for over subscribing either.

:boing!: