General vintage slot machine related topics.
joedsr

Ruffler & Walker foosball table

Postby joedsr » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:15 pm

Need parts to rebuild our 1960s foosball table; inner and outer rods, men, handles, springs, etc.

(special thanks to new friend Paul Coppin)

I'm in New Jersey, USA.

Any recommendations on reconditioning the playing surface are also appreciated.

Hope you can help.

Joe De Candia
joedsr@aol.com
IMG_1758a.jpg

brigham

Re: Ruffler & Walker foosball table

Postby brigham » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:07 am

It was only yesterday that I found out that these were actually called that!
I took it to be a spelling mistake. We generically called this game 'bar football'.
Anyone know where the trade name derives from?

coppinpr

Postby coppinpr » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:27 pm

Joe,
you very well might find what you want on this site https://www.samleisure.co.uk/tables-football-spares/

livinginthepast

Postby livinginthepast » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:44 pm

From Wikipedia
Patents for similar table games date back as early as the 1890s in Europe. However, the origin of foosball started in 1921 by Harold Searles Thorton from the United Kingdom (UK patent no 205,991 application dated 14 October 1921 and accepted 1 November 1923).[2]
He invented the game due to the popularity of football in Europe (known as soccer in the United States). The popularity of the sport was spreading so rapidly Harold decided to make a game that people could play in their homes. Since Europeans called the real sport football, Harold decided to call his new creation "Foosball". The game's design inspiration came from a box of matches.

Bar Football were a manufacturing company in the Enfield area who used that name on their tables.

mr spam

Postby mr spam » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:14 am

I work in an office with a [Spam link removed - Site Admin]. My coworker and I have been playing for the past year or so and have some skill. We just got a new employee with no foosball experience, she seems to enjoy playing but is not interested in getting "good". With just the three of us in the office a lot of the time, I don't want to exclude them. Are there any game variations that work well with three players? Especially when one is just there to have fun?

coppinpr

Postby coppinpr » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:01 am

We always used to simply put the best player against the other two - 2 against 1.

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:59 pm

Filipino targeted foosball Spam aside, here's a nice antique French coin-op Stella table which sold for £1000 plus commission yesterday:
Stella1.jpg
Stella2.jpg
Stella3.jpg