Hello from US - High top jackpot problem

Tell us a bit about yourself.
bosmod

Hello from US - High top jackpot problem

Post by bosmod »

Topics merged - Site Admin.

New to slots, came across your forum while looking for repair info. Somewhat inherited a Mills High Top. Wasn't working, but with very little effort got it working OK. So now getting into the nitty gritty of things, putting some money into it. Feel if I'm going to own it I want it working correctly. It pays out, the jackpot worked, but the reserve didn't drop. Tore the jackpot out of it and will get to the bottom of it. Already know I need some parts. I love these forums because they offer good advice from knowledgable collectors.

Does anyone have any clear pics of the jackpot mechanism. I have a few issues that I believe are being caused by some bent parts. I have the jackpot assembly taken apart and a few of the pcs on the side appear to be bent. I don't want to straighten them, as I had done that with an item in the main mech and broke it, resulting in spending money I didn't need to. any help would be appreciated.

bosmod
treefrog

Re: High top jackpot

Post by treefrog »

Hello there, perhaps you could share some pictures of the said parts so we can see.

I do not have a jackpot in front of me, but if you search the site you will find loads. See link below to a Sega variant which should be similar: Jackpot (no) joy
bosmod

Re: High top jackpot

Post by bosmod »

I will take some shots of the components in question. The pics you advised to look at were great. Similar, but a little different. Still gave me a good view, but individually hard to tell. Need some different angles. I'll upload my pics in the next day or so.
Thanks. Forums like this are great for beginners.
widget2k4

Re: hello from the US

Post by widget2k4 »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
Are you sure it's the jackpot at fault?
It's quite common on a lot of these that I have owned for the reserve jackpot not to drop because the arm that goes along the slides to activate it after the jackpot drops does not come into contact with the reserve jackpot release lever, normally because it's either bent to the side or missing altogether, so first thing is to confirm the bar is actually attached to the side of the payout slides.
bosmod

Re: Hello from US - High top jackpot problem

Post by bosmod »

Here are some pics of what I believe is a bent mechanism. It mounts on the side of the jackpot approximately in the center. As you can see there are a couple of points of concern.
Thanks to all who have responded so far.
Attachments
IMG_0486a.jpg
IMG_0485a.jpg
IMG_0484a.jpg
IMG_0483a.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

The first photo looks OK to me.
bosmod

Post by bosmod »

In the bottom right photo, is the arm supposed to be bent in the middle where the 'U' shaped space is?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Sadly the only Mills bandit I currently own is a Horse Head BONUS, and if you tell me where the key is I should be most grateful thank you!
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

No, I don't think it's meant to be bent.
Attachments
20171205_175232a.jpg
1512496143749580119610a.jpg