Lucky Horseshoe Hightop for sale

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
widget2k4

Lucky Horseshoe Hightop for sale

Post by widget2k4 »

Lucky horseshoe hightop one arm bandit in good working order including the special feature
Was on 1np when I got it but find it works not bad on 6d without any change of parts, sometimes pays out more coins due to the thickness difference, will work fine on 1p coins
Open to sensible offers
Attachments
rps20180131_135018.jpg
brigham

Re: Lucky horseshoe hightop for sale

Post by brigham »

Nice looking machine. No problem getting 6d. payout slides. It DOESN'T want to be on New Penny.
I've never understood the 'gimmick' on these; is it electric?
I have a couple of the SEGA variants (King Midas etc.) but the wiring is all hacked-about. I could maybe work it out if I knew what was supposed to happen, and when.
Mine seem to have the 'feature' overlay on every first-reel symbol except the lemon. Is that right?

Is it within reasonable collection range of NE England?
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

Yes it is electric, it works with switches relays and coils, very fascinating when the feature starts as you have to get your money in as quick as possible to win as much as possible

And I am in the north east !THUMBS!
brigham

Post by brigham »

I haven't a clue what this is worth.
Any suggestions? I don't like upsetting people...
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

I don't ever get upset what people offer me...........................

Just happy that people are interested in whatever I'm selling.

GP
brigham

Post by brigham »

I think it's because I'm not familiar with Mills machines. (Yet, hopefully!).
Until a few weeks ago, I thought all Hi-Tops were the same. I suppose with such a long production run, that would be unlikely.
I'm thinking that the one here is a Reno-made example, but only because it has the long 'club' handle. Even so, I still have no idea how much it ought to be.
Are the auction results a good guide?
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I always thought these were a British conversion using old Mills parts plus new electrics unless TJM bought back hi-tops and re vamped them. I've never seen them listed as Mills made. !PUZZLED!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

No idea who TJM is, but you have forgotten the thread from November: Mills Horseshoe hightop

You have to remember the big U.K. companies were importing, modifying machines from US, Germany and even Australia, often taking older machines and changing them to the appeal of U.K. customers and to the law on payouts. This one most likely was Ruffler and Walker. In some cases these companies made their own versions as well, can’t remember on this one. I have lots of the win feature conversions on Hi Tops, this was the first one I had got working with original electrics in, lots of hi voltage :zapa: :zapa: :zapa:

Value is down to what you want to pay and the seller wants of course, so who knows, make an offer he can only say no ;-)
brigham

Post by brigham »

coppinpr wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:42 pm I always thought these were a British conversion using old Mills parts plus new electrics unless TJM bought back hi-tops and re vamped them. I've never seen them listed as Mills made. !PUZZLED!
It's still a good looking machine, Mills or not. It would be a change from my row of SEGAs, or, more correctly, SEGA clones, as I've recently learned.
I'm not (yet) bothered about originality. I'm still at the 'like it-buy it' stage.
Same goes for the Mayfield offered earlier. It was just a bit far away to collect.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

so it IS a Uk conversion,probably converted by R&W :cool:
No idea who TJM is
Mills novelty Co was sold to American Machine and science Inc in the early 60's who also bought O.D.Jennings and merged the two into TJM which was run by Tony and John Mills, TJM made the "Compact" and the "Model M" that cropped up in another recent thread
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

I had originally intended to include the link to the previous thread in my earlier post today, but wasn't sure the OP, as the seller may have appreciated it, so decided against it even though it's visible via the search function.

However, my advice is as TF states, just Make an offer...................as the longer you take, means it's more likely someone else may buy it!

GP
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I'm still at the 'like it-buy it' stage.
so am I :lol:
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

I don't mind about the links, I don't mind if people know what I paid, it was after all in the Coventry auction, what I care about is the amount of hours put into them to get them into this condition, after all I don't just throw a coat of paint over them, the complete machine gets stripped and rebuilt, and if anyone that does that will know just how many hours have to go into it to bring them to this sort of condition, Brigham your more than welcome to come and have a look mate before considering any sort of offer, you never know I may have others you would prefer !THUMBS!
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Id buy it sight unseen but widge always does such a good job there is nothing left to do on it :#:
brigham

Post by brigham »

Widget, you may have a PM, if I've pressed the right buttons.
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

well seeing as the best offer i got was £300 lol i think its time it was removed from sale, it will find its way to an auction in the near future.
brigham

Post by brigham »

That's what happens when you don't put a price on things. If you said 'offers around a grand', people would know, and react accordingly.
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

Don't think it was rocket science to see I actually paid 450 for it from the information provided, to me 300 offer was an insult considering the price paid, time involved etc, anyways I said about 900 going off the price others had sold for, don't even think you would get a scrap sega light up for 300 !PUZZLED!
shiny penny

Post by shiny penny »

Sorry to but into a subject(penny machine values) about which I know next to nothing. Still annoyed I did not bid more for the Saxony machine on ebay last week. But from the world of property sales, the phrases "guide price", "offers based on..." etc might avoid confusion and possible upset?
brigham

Post by brigham »

widget2k4 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:12 am Don't think it was rocket science to see I actually paid 450 for it from the information provided, to me 300 offer was an insult considering the price paid, time involved etc, anyways I said about 900 going off the price others had sold for, don't even think you would get a scrap sega light up for 300 !PUZZLED!
You received an opening bid of £300 based on what I've paid for these in 'as-found' condition, and on the basis that you weren't prepared to give a guide price.
Instead of negotiating, you chose to be 'insulted'.
That's fine by me. YOU are the one wanting to sell it. I'm just the one with the cash!