Jamieson’s Easy Push

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
treefrog

Jamieson’s Easy Push

Post by treefrog »

Never owned a pusher and took the plunge bidding on a machine a few weeks ago that was at Stacey’s Auctions in Southend.....but a risk as the auctioneer stated not seen working and they had tried plugging in and I was bidding online.. !OMFG! Bad move I guess......

Anyway collected and found the doors locked, even more suspicious. Plugged in, no lights or bulbs working and no movement from the motor, just a groan.... :#: Anyway, drilled the lower lock only to find the keys inside (how many people have put the keys from a locked machine in the coin cup and they lifted the machine only to have them drop inside, I have :lol: ). So no need to drill the top lock !!THUMBSX2!!

Anyway, took out the Crouzet motor and stripped down the gearbox, cleaned and lubed, no difference. Without the gearbox attached the motor was not running properly, not sure these can be taken apart either, someone will tell me otherwise, but I noticed something interfering with the motor aperture, which turned out to be a shaft dust cap. Fitted back in place and voila |/XX\| . Now runs like a dream, new lock and bulbs.

Anyway fun little thing and decided to see how accurate the % payout adjustment they have by reducing/increasing the number of coins falling to the cash box. So using around 25 coins each time on the 80% and 60% settings was shocked to find after around 10 applications of 25 coins for each setting, how close to these % it actually pays out. Overall it turned out around 81% for 80% setting and 58% for 60%.......I wonder how many operators used the lower settings.

Only bought because my mum is addicted to Tipping Point and thought she might find it fun, wonder how many others have thought the same as they have become rather expensive in recent years....

Attachments
91E282C5-729A-44CF-8692-EF794B53FED7a.jpg
95F84C89-755B-4B17-ACDC-E37C82B36F35a.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Jamieson’s Easy Push

Post by badpenny »

The very reason I sold my mini pusher ...... to stop a family member from visiting to play it.
mr merrivale

Post by mr merrivale »

Well and luck was on your side. I was the under bidder.
If you change you mind, give me a ring.
junior

Post by junior »

Attention to detail and date, is the answer,for me anyway.
I had spoken to Stacey’s and had a condition report on machine,
Tried to tie it in with picking up a machine in Slough,time completely slipped through and I found myself trying to register on the Tuesday after the auction for the following Saturday.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

One more bid and you would have had it, as I would not have gone more, as was not cheap cheap cheap

One did go cheap a month ago in Dorset, slightly different theme a Push Over. I see the buyer sold it on for £500 on the Facebook groups and think it sold for less then 200. It was too far for me to bother.

Will keep for a while as you know I am a collector more than a trader or trying to make a quick. Until the family get bored.....
Attachments
FDE533F7-64EB-48F3-B38A-6A11264EC159.jpeg
jingle

Post by jingle »

I bought 2 last week of facebook
Been in a barn
I cleaned them up
There lovely machines
Untested at mo but motors are in there
Think your one maybe a mark 2 tom
They had the bigger door on base
Jingle
andydotp

Post by andydotp »

Yer still findin' 'em eh our jingle! Good lad, am proud of ya !!THUMBSX2!! .
jingle

Post by jingle »

Thank you andy ;-)
Hope your well mate
jingle

Post by jingle »

Before and after
New payout cups and new locks
Attachments
Easypush2a.jpg
Easypush1a.jpg
ddstoys

Post by ddstoys »

What great little pushers. The only one I’ve managed to find over here had to come all the way from Sydney and it’s an ugly laminated 70s piece of crap.

Always get a laugh hearing people say it was too far to bother hahaha. England is smaller than my home state of Victoria and I’ll regularly drive interstate to view a game.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

There is a great article by Mr PM about small pushers, never worked out where it is on the site as not in Arena, but I found a link on another thread. Covers most machines made......I want a Octopus, Tipit and a Mini Cake Walk now.......... :cool:

https://pennymachines.co.uk/arena/ppp-1/
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Actually it is in the Arena ('Portable Penny Pushers'), but the text link is easy to miss, especially if, like yourself, you're new to the site. ;-)
The link used to be a nice sliding pusher effect until I was forced to retire the Flash. Anyway, glad you found and enjoyed it.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

There is one on eBay at the moment, not mine
jingle

Post by jingle »

I have a jungle treasure for sale at moment
It's identical to the one on the site but better nik
Fully working on 10p
£595
And the other easy pusher on line is mine to
£500
Complete untested
jingle

Post by jingle »

Sorry forgot pic
Attachments
image.jpg
moonriver

Post by moonriver »

I acquired 50 of these Jungle Treasure pushers in 2004/5 originally operated on a South African cruise line. They were operated on tokens with coin comparator coin mechs which had some voltage issues causing bad acceptance and also lockout issues below the play field as unless the coin was 'seen' entering, the lockout wouldn't open. The solenoids would also stick and work intermittently. Once bypassed by altering the slots to simply accept the coin ( without validation), and change the lockout to a more simple pendulum/ tilt arrangement they are a great little pusher, very nice backlit artwork and always fitted fine through narrow household doorways when we delivered them. They are all out there somewhere, very reliable, and pop up from time to time.
jingle

Post by jingle »

:D
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

What I believe is another variation of the Jamieson’s pusher has appeared on eBay, shame people insist on taking all pictures with only lights on in the machine happens a lot. The Cop a Penny

Also found a funny description for a pusher for sale on Coin Slot adverts 27 years ago, shows what people thought of these machines back then :HaHa:
Attachments
7B0A0DB7-3647-4436-A3D3-290FB6C234CA.png
F891FF99-5FB1-4814-BD16-775281633C97.jpeg