Nice unusual Aristocratic Grosvenor on Gumtree

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
coppinpr

Nice unusual Aristocratic Grosvenor on Gumtree

Post by coppinpr »

This unusual Grosvenor console model looks very nice but just a little pricey at £850.
Attachments
aristo2.JPG
aristo1.JPG
brigham

Re: Nice unusual Aristocratic Grosvenor on Gumtree

Post by brigham »

Another unusual payout schedule. Even allowing for the three-in-line combinations paying 6, rather than the stated 30, the single lemon/two lemons payout is odd.
I like the Grosvenor, but this one is just too 'new money' for me.
The higher price might reflect on the console cabinet; I would have liked a change machine, though.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Looks like a non original Aristocrat theme to me and one modified by a later supplier, operator. Low payouts on it as well. Also not best of condition with missing reject button, cracked badge, handle needs adjusting, cabinet on door and frame drilled for a latch (I hate this often seen and not fixable)....on top of all that not working properly, all for £990......I might try and sell a few to the guy for half the price. :cool:

Always assumes the console cabinet versions are less desirable due to size, compared to a desktop type and certainly on historic pricing that has been proved to be the case....
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Don't think it's a non Aristocrat theme as such as there was the Geronimo artwork machine.

Maybe an operator revised the award version from an original auto-fill dropping jackpot version of the Geronimo to a max 10 coin pay out version for a different prize location using some original artwork with some newer 50p Jackpot artwork?
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

You're right it does follow the Geronimo theme. It may well have been Aristocrat that modified it in the UK as I believe they did do upgrades and modifications as part of a service to the trade (have some brochures somewhere confirming this). It may have been something else pre-decimal and revamped after.... Not seen the theme on Grosvenors before, only Kingsway.

It has reduced to £700, maybe in three weeks when it gets to £100 I will jump. :D
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Yawn! What a boring excuse for a bandit.

Typical of the 70s "give them the least you can get away with" theme of styling.
No Visible JP or escalator, Formica, nothing but straight lines, no character or thought put into it.

BP :didact:
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I actually like the straight simple lines. The console suits the sharp angles of the Grosvenor. I never like machines that show the payouts as totals rather than number of coins and I don't like lots of low JP options. Like I first said, too expensive, even now twice what it should be in my view.
sarg

Post by sarg »

Another one on eBay Paul.

20180403_211359.jpg

aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Not a fan of console models of any make. I've had a few but always moved them on to others who do. However, a Jennings Monte Carlo.... well I suppose I could.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

There are one or two consoles I'd like, including this one - one handle two machines. :D
Attachments
royal comet twin.jpg
royal comet twin.jpg (14.86 KiB) Viewed 3953 times
sarg

Post by sarg »

Dropped to £500 or offers starting to get more realistic on price.