Late M. Harris Snr. Slot Machine Spares Sale 19/08/18

General vintage slot machine related topics.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Late M. Harris Snr. Slot Machine Spares Sale 19/08/18

Post by badpenny »

Advanced Notification of a Unique Sale of Spares

If you are into American Bandits then you don't want to miss this!
I shall shortly be announcing the release of what must be until now the most extreme and comprehensive collection of spare parts for American Bandits.

It was considered worthy of stuffing into a container and shipping back to The States, however it was finally decided to give English collectors First Dibs .

It's anticipated that initially there will be an open day in the Central Midlands with BBQ where it will all be viewed and for sale.

Secondly what ever is left may be bought over the internet and posted.

Thirdly, depending on what is left, will be advertised outside of The UK and/or sent back to The USA to a contact established there.
Make no mistake you could start at one end and by picking up one of everything you could even construct an Extra Bell..........

Extra Bell.jpg
Extra Bell.jpg (22.37 KiB) Viewed 6701 times

BP
coppinpr

Re: Opportunity of the decade coming

Post by coppinpr »

an open day in the Central Midlands with BBQ
Oh no... not as far north as Watford :#:
jingle

Post by jingle »

Frig the parts
What's on the barby mate :cool:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Fresh fillet of Jennings
Marinated Pace strips of reel
And in case you can handle it without losing your bonnet Bob there may be a cup or two available to enjoy ;-)
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Sounds interesting, so you have finally decided to clear out your garages Jeremy. Will there be some nice shiny HD’s going as well? :lol:

By the way, is this an auction or fixed price table sale......?
geordy55

Post by geordy55 »

Looking forward to it, I might even bring the wife !
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Great!! I didnt realise it was a "bring and buy " sale. :!?!:
treefrog wrote:By the way, is this an auction or fixed price table sale......
From what I've been told you could not run a single auction for this amount of spares. This will be more of a warehouse clearance than a shed clearance, it's not a case of one of each item by a loooong way.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

You can auction anything of any volume, I was just trying to understand if it is a fixed price sale or auction based, e.g. 200 Mills jackpots in a lot. :!:
geordy55

Post by geordy55 »

Can we all wear name tags with out Penny Machines alter ego on them? or maybe a lanyard? I've never been allowed a lanyard before.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Got me frog suit ready.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I know what you mean Tom, I just wanted to make it clear this is more spares than people might at first imagine plus I know BP's plan is to give individuals a chance to get what they need. As I understand it, if there are 100 jackpots they will be 100 individually priced jackpots.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I'm going to upload some random photos to give a flavour of what you can expect.

The event will be fixed price and not an auction. Nothing belongs to me, I'm assisting Mike Harris Jnr.
His Father's workshop is nearly empty, to be honest it would have made a superb museum display in its entirety.

Currently it's mainly in Derby. I shall shortly be forming an inventory and photgraphing as much as possible. I expect to display everything under manufacturer which will probably be Mills - Jennings - Other.

Whatever you need I'm pretty certain it'll be there, and possibly by the hundred!

I strongly recommend attending the open day in order that you can identify the bit you need. This is because, whereas Mick's dad could identify machine models over the phone and then describe the slightest variant when it comes to a particular part (he did for me) I have to confess neither of us can emulate that degree of accuracy.

Feel free to contact and ask if there is a back pedalling, sprung loaded, doohickey for a Mills/Pace 1948 on 5 Cent. I can guarantee the answer will be .....
"P'raps, best come on the day and bring your machine or part of it so you can check!"

We shan't be taking swops or returns. M. Harris Snr contributed enormously to our hobby and this final legacy needs to be shared out amongst us all.

Wooden Cabinet bits
Wooden Cabinet bits

Boxes and boxes of Slide Sets
Boxes and boxes of Slide Sets

Cash Boxes, all shapes and sizes
Cash Boxes, all shapes and sizes

Signage, boxes of ......
Signage, boxes of ......

Reel Strips, one box of about a dozen. All new.
Reel Strips, one box of about a dozen. All new.

None of the above gives an accurate understanding, your imagination is unlikely to grasp what there is.

BP
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Initially we want the individual to benefit from this.
Anyone wanting to buy a bulk number of something will be looking for a discount, so I expect that nearer to the end of the day if someone wants to put in an offer for a box load of something it would be considered. Once everyone else has had a chance. I don't envisage anything being sold before doors open, it doesn't seem fair to me, nor in the spirit of how M Harris Snr operated.
geordy55 wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:40 pm Can we all wear name tags with out Penny Machines alter ego on them? or maybe a lanyard? I've never been allowed a lanyard before.
You can wear a Bo-Peep outfit if you want, we don't judge. Incidentally who/what is Penny Machines alter ego? This isn't being done under any existing organisation. This is Mick Harris's event, I'm just helping out 'cos he's a mate and has helped me over the years I've known him.

BP
geordy55

Post by geordy55 »

Sorry BP, that should have read "our" not "out" as in Badpenny, Geordy, Treefrog etc.

I understand what you're organising.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I'm currently snowed under with PMs asking lots of sensible questions about this.

I shall answer them all in a post within the next day or so. I am also welding up an exhaust system for my narrow boat, and whereas my long term passion is slots you never now when you might need your boat to live on! !!ESCAPE!! I'm only 64 this year and haven't decided yet what I want to do when/if I grow up.

BP :cool:
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Too late BP, you missed it, you're in your second childhood now. :O:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I'll try and include all of the questions that have been sent to me. Many are similar ......

* Mick and I have committed to getting the last of it to Derby for July
* By the time I photograph and detail it we hope to be declaring a date near the end of July early August
* Due to the bandwidth this lot will occupy it'll probably be on a different website.
* It will not be an auction, it will be laid out under cover in a commercial unit near Derby City Centre.
* Probably on a Sunday.
* BBQ & refreshments available, good car parking.
* Displayed on tables and racking in manufacturer order
* Priced to sell, nothing close to retail prices, Mick doesn't want to be dragging this stuff around with him for years.
* Individual Collectors buying a few of everything to meet their needs encouraged.
* Bulk purchasing of items permitted after a stated time later in the day. (To be decided)
* Large plastic containers available to purchase to carry your swag away in.
* If anyone else wants to take a trade space for a small fee they may. We don't have coins, books or German or British bits.
* Strictly no trading out of the backs of cars unless "as above".
* Families welcomed ...... just be aware of the proximity to The Attic Adult Club, gulp!
* Cash, no cards please.
* Not everything is NOS or unused, much of it is though.
* Yes, there will be mechanism skeletons and base plates. So those of you with a dropped machine or a mechanism that is pulling itself out of shape and rocks on the corners when you place it on a table, you're in luck.

If you are confident you will recognise the difference between a particular denomination Mills escalator and another then excellent. If not then bring coins or your machine in order to offer it up. This of course applies to all spare parts.
Mick Harris Snr was capable of mending machines over the phone and identifying exactly which year and model something was from by the most obscure questioning. At least he helped me out like that a couple of times.

His son and I are not that gifted, so don't rely on us to tell you which set of latches are correct for your Skunk Works 1948 Acme Blaster, that's your decision and we won't take anything back, especially as we probably won't remember what we charged you in the first place.
Any more questions about this event? ...... The Attic has its own website.

BP
brigham

Post by brigham »

Are the coin slides for British denominations?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

The ones for British denomination are and the ones that aren't aren't.
brigham

Post by brigham »

My mistake, too much going on around me.
The question was intended to be "Are there any coin slides for British denominations", To which, with hindsight, I am inclined to add "And if so, is the brass 3d bit likely to be one of them".