Caille Centre pull Victory Bell in Aberdeen??

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
clubconsoles

Caille Centre pull Victory Bell in Aberdeen??

Post by clubconsoles »

Think this is a very sought after bandit!
I would have love to have made a deal on this machine but after intial contact via email with a bevy of pictures sent to me, he stopped returning my emails when I asked for a contact number and address?
It seems a good price when you look at what they go for in the States, but so not so cheap that it is an obvious scam.
I have given up with the guy!
Would love to know if is a genuine ad or not, any one fancy replying to the Ad??

http://aberdeen.craigslist.co.uk/atd/4285102276.html
Attachments
00202_hGgMO5kogFw_600x450.jpg
marktol

Re: Caille Centre pull victory Bell in Aberdeen??

Post by marktol »

I would be careful with things like this;

I've had a couple of people try and scam me as responses to wanted ads I've placed on Gumtree.

One person was trying to sell me two machines of theirs and one of their neighbours. Pictures sent were a bit dodgy and really small rs, no exif data in the picture I would expect to see and in fact one turns out to be a picture they lifted from Henry Powell's web site. Trying to convince me to pay cash and they would courier for free - and on a Sunday. Threw in a sob story about really needing the money.

I also had another one saying he had a machine in storage and sent me a picture of basically a thumbnail of a machine saying it's like this. Both sellers I happened to be travelling near to where they were and I said I would collect only and pay when I arrived - both went silent after that, so clearly a need to be careful.

If in doubt I would always pay via paypal as you are covered both by their seller protection and also by your credit card, if you pay with that, which would be the safest bet.
treefrog

Re: Caille Centre pull victory Bell in Aberdeen??

Post by treefrog »

I am sure there has been a previous thread on this....There are scams as mentioned going on and Craigslist, I believe, is more widely used in the States than here.....There have been people putting things like Bally Reliances etc. on there at low prices and responding to emails initially but asking for your own details..... I have not taken further.......as the pictures on investigation have been copied from the web....
silverbitz

Re: Caille Centre pull Victory Bell in Aberdeen??

Post by silverbitz »

Responded to the same machine around a year ago. Although then it was in Northern Ireland!.
clubconsoles

Post by clubconsoles »

thanks a lot Chaps
yeah, I thought it was a scam but cannot see where on the web they lifted the pictures from?
It looks like pics where taken in the UK, it just doesn't look like the Décor in an Americans house??
and as mentioned, Craigslist, Aberdeen, with a very rare American Bandit, something's not right??
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Let's all mail the supposed vendor offering to post them cash ......... but once they've explained why the handle is at the bottom instead of the top?

:lol:
clubconsoles

Post by clubconsoles »

badpenny wrote:Let's all mail the supposed vendor offering to post them cash ......... but once they've explained why the handle is at the bottom instead of the top?
lol nice one!
Please feel free to scam the scammers.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Interesting that this add was posted two months ago and updated twenty one days ago. dirtdog
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Well one appeared on eBay briefly, not in the greatest condition and looked to have been converted and operated in Britain. As usual someone has probably tried to wing a deal from the seller after getting it removed.
Attachments
F2F06877-E317-4D61-B334-5E8A81F0D848.jpeg
bill gates

Post by bill gates »

I see this on eBay earlier. I messaged the seller in the hope of a viewing as I live close. They said they would just let the auction run its course. Then it disappeared. I guess it was reported as usual. At least these machines ARE out there. It’s all about finding them. !PUZZLED!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I think the seller got around a grand for the machine as he was seeing if I would pay more and in this condition an absolute no no.....too machine unknowns, missing parts and drilled cabinet with new coin entry on top and bars over reel window....

Interesting to see machines like this imported and converted for British use, even if they did butcher them.
bill gates

Post by bill gates »

Funny you should mention that tf. I was offered that machine also for a grand. I was interested, but after studying the original pictures they posted I declined. There was a chip out of the casting on the front right hand side, not easy to see but big enough for me to decline their offer. Would rather pay 3 to 4K for a decent complete one. Oh And I hate rusty mechs!
slotsoffun

Post by slotsoffun »

LOL... It appears the seller did the rounds and contacted everyone hoping to get big bucks. He made out he knew nothing about it and inherited it. I bought one of these front pull Caille machines 3 years ago for £700 in full working order with all vendor bits too! Good luck if someone paid a grand!!!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

He didn't offer it to me ...... obviously my reputation for being a tight fisted cheapskate paid off. :cool:
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

My friend viewed this machine too as he was local to it,

He's emailed me to say it's now up for auction in Suffolk
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

In fact in Ipswich about 2 miles from me at Lockdales......and no it was not me that bought it and decided it was too much of a bodge and try to sell on....but it does mean I can get a very close look (if I can be bothered), but I would not pay the low estimate anyway......I wonder who did get it as I know of few collectors near me !PUZZLED!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Well I looked at the machine yesterday and did not take more pictures, but wondered what I was missing when it sold for £900 (£1080 with commission) as it looked worse in the flesh than the pictures. Seller would have got slightly over £700.....your right about top casting the chip on the side is also a lateral crack running donwards.....hope someone is happy |/XX\|
clubconsoles

Post by clubconsoles »

i know a fellow collector whom has several US bandits and bid £400 on it.
With the damaged castings and the like, I do wonder what sort of person would pay £900 for it.
Those RH and LH vendor covers are reproduced, but I think £400 would have been my limit and agree with treefrogs sentiments on this.