Reproduction glasses by "Bally Bingo Specials" -

Graphics, flyers, instructions and other materials.
gameswat

Reproduction glasses by "Bally Bingo Specials" -

Post by gameswat »

This guy Coos Hakvoort in Holland was mentioned here a few years go: Re: Printing a backflash

His website shows the truly outstanding digital print reproduction backglasses and art for many rare and unusual machines he produces - and not just bingo but all types of arcade and some bandits! Especially fantastic is the mirrored work he's figured out how to replicate. I was just about to restart cleaning up the scan of a flaking 1958 Bally Skill Parade glass, but then I thought to search the net first. This uses a very tall glass so not something I would want to post around the world to Perth. Luckily he also sells just the foil art print that I can affix to my own glass. I believe in the case of any mirrored artwork that he has to attach that to the glass himself though. I ordered the art last night and he says about a week to produce it.

http://www.coos.net/bingo_e/backglasses.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Reproduction glasses by "Bally Bingo Specials" -

Post by pennymachines »

Useful - I've put it in Services
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Finally got around to installing the Skill Parade backglass decal I ordered from Coos (he calls it a foil) . Very easy to do and the finished product is incredible! Impossible to tell in person this isn't an original mint condition screened glass! The light shines though just as the original. And even after just a day of setting in place it seems very hard wearing. I look forward to having him print something especially for me in the future with my own art, either for a rare machine I'm restoring or possibly a custom one off design. And the artwork detail and colour is exact. The cost was 175 euro plus 35 euro postage to Perth. Which came out cheaper than ordering a smaller pinball size reproduction backglass from the USA. I've had issues with the only two re-screened glasses I've ever purchased for myself from the US. One glass for the 1957 Williams Ten Strike bowling game is very good, except has a burgundy red colour instead of red. And a Slick Chick pinball glass has overly thick black outlines and some colours a little off. In that case I was not happy with it but was able to later find an almost mint original in Australia from ddstoys.
The total production for Skill Parade was only 500 games so I really doubt anybody was ever going to rescreen glasses for such a scarce machine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Looks great, thanks for posting images GW

May give this a go for a one off custom art for a bandit I have wanted to do.
Did you enquire what additional cost for an extra print shipped at same time, as I'll surely cock it up first time and will need a spare one to get it right second time.

Please can you advise how you applied it GW, thank you.
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Rather than describe it all myself here's his youtube showing how:

I didn't ask about extras as I wasn't expecting to bugger it up! And mine was a little trickier than normal with those small clear odds windows, because you don't want any dust or lint in there! I cut a new glass and then cleaned up scrupulously several times with glass cleaner and soft cloth, then finished with squeegeeing the whole thing to remove any possible lint. The art came to me as one huge piece with mostly clear in the middle. He suggests two people to safely remove the cover film but to get around that I cut mine down into two smaller pieces, after marking on the front where the lower circle had to go. I cut around the outer edges a day later, and the odds windows are crystal clear. So as long as I'd had help and been able to keep any dust out I'm sure I could've left the centre clear section intact. I can't see any air bubbles in the whole thing.
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Thanks GW,

Looks straightforward enough... with that Bally Quickdraw bottom glass is a lot smaller in size than one of those pinball or bingo backglasses,
I'll get in touch with him for a quote.

Thanks