Somebody knows... Maybe you?
radiochrissie

Help needed with Sega Windsor Playboy front panel

Postby radiochrissie » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:18 pm

I have a photo image from a Sega Windsor front panel. (JPEG )
I would like to ‘clean up’ the image with Photoshop and then print the improved image onto sticky back vinyl. I would then stick this onto some clear Perspex to replace the original screen printed glass panel. Here’s my problem,
I don’t have Photoshop and wouldn’t know how to use it if I did :woops: and secondly would not be able to print an A4 vinyl sticker :cry:
So I think you know what I am about to ask....
Can someone clean up my image and / or print it onto vinyl, I would of course pay your going rate.
Maybe someone has a better way of achieving this, :didact: any help gratefully received.

treefrog

Re: Help needed

Postby treefrog » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:30 pm

Wish I could help, spent silly money buying full professional version of Corel Paintshop Pro only to realise I haven’t a clue how to use !!JUNK!!

brigham

Postby brigham » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:16 pm

coppinpr, of this very forum, will be able to help.

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:36 pm

treefrog wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:30 pm
Wish I could help, spent silly money buying full professional version of Corel Paintshop Pro only to realise I haven’t a clue how to use !!JUNK!!
You work/ed in I.T. I thought!
What chance do us mortals stand? :#:

gameswat

Postby gameswat » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:04 pm

I know what you mean Treefrog, unless you've worked your way up with each successive version of that software they just get too ridiculously complicated to make sense of right off the bat! I was happily using an older Photoshop Ver.4 and a graphic designer/hacker friend gave me the latest and expensive version at the time which was up to Ver.9, but after trying to use it for a fairly simple resto job I had to give up after 6 hours as was getting nothing but confused and frustrated. :dammit: So went back to my old Ver.4 one which I knew inside and out and got the job done within a few hours. Then another buddy who builds up new computers for me every 5 years or so would always forget and lose that old version thinking it was so antiquated there was no way I'd still want it, and he'd also update me to something newer! So now I have the thing saved on a disc and still happily use it to this day even though it was released in 1996! I'm sure there are much speedier ways to do certain things, but not when you need to waste a lot of time figuring them out! All I've done is add some special fonts along the way, all of which were free off the net.

There are some great free sites by the way that let you upload a sample of your unique font and then search for similar ones. Of course they hope you'll buy the fonts from whoever, some are free, but I find once you know the particular name of your matching font then you can get into searching the net yourself and each time I've found free downloads of what I wanted.

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:52 pm

radiochrissie wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:18 pm
I would like to ‘clean up’ the image with Photoshop and then print the improved image...
Post it here and I'm sure one of us will have a have a bash at it.

radiochrissie

Postby radiochrissie » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:31 pm

Thankyou all so much in advance, here is the image that needs some work before I get it printed.
3FC68070-18D8-46A8-B97B-D5D1F1A8F676.jpeg

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:33 pm

I have "Corel Paintshop Pro" but to be honest I use MS Paint far more.

:didact:

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:38 pm

That image is too small.
What is the real size of the glass?

If you expand that photo at all it just pixelates. It needs to be taken with a high resolution camera, probably a SLR Digital.
!SMARTY!

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:30 pm

Or put it on your photo scanner if you have one.