Blackpool Arcade

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
mr merrivale

Blackpool Arcade

Post by mr merrivale »

Hi all
Does anybody know what happened to the old penny arcade that was in the ice cream shop that was in Chapel Street, Blackpool?
Has it moved to a new venue or has it closed? Also any contact details of the owner please.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Blackpool Arcade

Post by pennymachines »

I didn't know of it but see they have a Facebook page: Blackpool Ice Cream Kiosk and Vintage Arcade Museum and Debra Lewis posted that it was open 3 days ago.
Attachments
parlour.jpg
mr merrivale

Post by mr merrivale »

Thank you
mr merrivale

Post by mr merrivale »

I have tried the info given so far but the facebook info is from 2016. Any other info would help. Thank you.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Have you tried contacting Debbie who co-owned it with another lady. On her profile she appears to still operate up to about 6 months ago and may not be ice creams now. See video of all the nice machines....

https://www.facebook.com/10001186981249 ... nVARYmLuto

Edited as found the name now, called Crystal Cave in same location with arcade at back. Link on google with her mobile number.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cryst ... 0Blackpool
mr merrivale

Post by mr merrivale »

Thanks everyone. Found it now. I was still looking for the ice cream front, but now it's crystals. I have to visit when back in Blackpool.
Well done and thanks again.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I think the other lady involved is a Sandra. Would be interesting to find out about them as there cannot be many ladies involved in old coin op, let alone operating them... Good for them. !!THUMBSX2!!
mr merrivale

Post by mr merrivale »

Evening.
I am trying to find where the old penny arcade has moved to from the Crystal Cave in Chapel Street, Blackpool.
Any help with a contact no for the owners Debbie and Sandra would be a great help, as I hoped to visit next week.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

mr merrivale wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:38 pm Evening.
I am trying to find where the old penny arcade has moved to from the Crystal Cave in Chapel Street, Blackpool.
Any help with a contact no for the owners Debbie and Sandra would be a great help, as I hoped to visit next week.
!PUZZLED!

I feel a ground hog moment coming on......did we not research this for you 8 months ago even providing a link to her mobile number......confused.com

Back to Salvage Hunters, far more fun
mr merrivale

Post by mr merrivale »

Hi Tom.
Yes you did but the face book page not in use. The phone no reply ect and goggle web site say permently closed.
So the search goes on .
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I guess my point was it was all there last year when I posted.... How do you know they still exist or you're just hoping? Odd that all the reference info was removed though.

Quick google gave this mobile 07467 211955
mr merrivale

Post by mr merrivale »

Thanks Tom.
I will try again tomorrow.
mr merrivale

Post by mr merrivale »

Hi
Contact made. Thanks everyone for your help, but the arcade has closed. Another one gone. Oh well. A great job for trying, but it is not easy to make them pay.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Could not remember if this information had been put on the forum, but there is an arcade in Blackpool the Ice Cream Shop in Waterloo Road, part of Whitesides Arcade, which has traditional machines in it, including what looks to be an Edwin Hall Dalek. Also many Allwins inside and in the window, and larger machines. No idea if playable or how many. One day will make it to Blackpool as never been...

E8ED19C4-1CD8-4F48-9129-1C1402543CBE.png

152C64C5-45E4-48FE-BC5C-A05A2ACEA923.jpeg

CBA7CAEC-A74E-4369-86A1-4142FA495495.jpeg