Wonders Tip It In

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
treefrog

Wonders Tip It In

Post by treefrog »

Well after getting one of my Dropacoppers going as I had two, one complete but broken coil and the other bit missing and broken. I also had a Wonders Tip It In brought at Coventry many years ago, one of those lucky dips where locked, no key.....in fact any key opened it as it turned out and getting it home, sure enough lots missing including solenoid and coil, slide, coin cover and tube, broken relays etc.......

So last few days on getting one Dropacopper below fully working as below, decided in short term to move the working coil to the Tip It In. Also managed to use parts from the incomplete machine including slide, cover and relays to complete the machine. it has taken lots of tweaking to allow the relays to correctly act on ball movement, but working now. Great game, lots of chances to win....never seen another electric wonders Allwin and did see a mechanical one of these at the Elephant.....

Need to get a wanted add in for some coils now

Attachments
ED02188E-AE90-4978-BCBF-9131F04A1C7F.jpeg
3963BE9F-D328-417F-BC5F-5A7C41941B13.jpeg
Last edited by treefrog on Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
widget2k4

Re: Wonders Tip It In

Post by widget2k4 »

Tip It In was mine Tom, fantastic game and very hard to get the high win on it, never seen electric version neither. Have to say though that Dropacopper looks so boring, think I would get bored with that after 3 coins. lol
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Yes the Dropacopper is seriously mean, suspect they need adjustment on the bumpers to make them more exiting on the win front. It is a shame Wonders didn’t experiment more often with more interesting games than straight Allwin cups and gallery’s like Mr Bryans did...I would imagine the Tip It In would have been popular.
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

They did come out with a few good designs, Chip or Bust was one of the best for me. :)
luckystar

Post by luckystar »

Hi All, took me ages to get a Tip It In, great machine to play with at home but no good on site. Sometimes the ball will jump out of the centre lever, people do not understand how it works. When you are really busy you haven't got time to explain to them how it works. Pete.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

treefrog wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:58 am It is a shame Wonders didn’t experiment more often with more interesting games than straight Allwin cups and galleries like Mr Bryans did...

Unlike Oliver Whales and Parkers, in their late period of production Wonders tried to introduce some novelty into the old game with several quirky non-standard allwins. Aside from Tip It In and Chip or Bust, that Widget mentioned, there was Boomerang, Spin-a-Win and Bucket & Ball, which largely eschew the conventional gallery and win cups.
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Nicely pieced back together Tree. And thanks for the vids showing gameplay, something that is hard to guess sometimes from only photos. Would be interesting to see the stats as to how many (few!) Allwins were actually made that didn't conform to the bog standard layouts?
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

With the multiple balls in the machine, they key is to get one ball on each end of the seesaw, then a third will lift the unit allowing either a 3 win or if lucky the top ball will drop into 6 win. In theory you could win 9D in one hit as you could get two balls falling through, which would work on the electric version. Not sure what would happen on manual control. I have had a few 6D wins.

The version of machin I have seems to have larger exit holes and different seesaw stop positions to Widgets old machine below, I wonder if to make easier to win. Certainly you get plenty of wins on this making it more entertaining and surprised would not be popular in an arcade as not complicated like a Bryans Gapwin.

Shame Wonders did not experiment more....
Attachments
145B9E63-27DC-4DA7-895B-D01AB2DE19CC.jpeg
D1F99386-0C94-4971-A4B8-A0D8D364B5B4.jpeg
brigham

Post by brigham »

The BOOMERANG is magic!