Ditchburn Jukeboxes

General vintage slot machine related topics.
13rebel

Ditchburn Jukeboxes

Post by 13rebel »

A forum member has sent me details of an excellent website which maybe of interest to members. Whilst focusing on juke boxes it includes a piece on Hawtins which compliments Paul Coppin's article on his site. It can be seen at www.ditchburn.co.uk
gameswat

Re: Ditchburn Jukeboxes

Post by gameswat »

Thanks for the interesting link Rebel. Back in the early 1990s a Ditchburn Mk2 turned up at some local auction here but my father and I missed spotting it. A friend of dad's told him about it days later and it had sold for only $150 to a local but very pricey antique dealer. I say only because this was back in the days when jukes were almost as sought after as gold! We saw it and tried to purchase but the owner was intent on restoring himself and I seem to remember him mentioning a price of $2000 as-is. Years later I saw it at the same store and all they'd done was poorly put some paint over it. When I asked to look inside the guy said "Why? There's nothing in there, it's empty". I looked in to see a basically intact mechanism, only missing the selector button bank on the front, and what he'd done was put a couple new speakers inside with a roll of cable attached, turning it into a giant extension speaker!