Late M. Harris Snr. Slot Machine Spares Sale 19/08/18

General vintage slot machine related topics.
dutchboy

Re: Opportunity of the decade coming

Post by dutchboy »

I’m jealous :(
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Don't be jealous, come a day early and stay over the night before with one of us.
BP :cool:
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

I would love to come bp, there is a direct flight nearby so not a problem at all with an overnight. But the date is impossible for me. But I wish you all very happy day!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I've been contacted by a member reminding me that I said that nearer the time I'd offer trade tables.

So now you've had time to see what we're offering for disposal and if you have related items to offer for sale then there's no restriction.
The fee for a table is £45.
The interest in this day is most impressive, not only from this forum but it's also been well received on all of The FaceAche sites.
So if you've got stuff to move on pm me, so I can include yours in the marketing updates.

Just to remind you, selling out of the boots of cars is not in the spirit of this event and will not be tolerated.

mr merrivale

Post by mr merrivale »

Could confirm if there are any sale tables booked selling machines.
Thanks
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I only put the announcement up a couple of days back Pete, if organising auctions is anything to go by, vendors will get their arses in gear 2 days before the event.
People don't always seem to appreciate a god given opportunity when they fall over one, and continue to shove their stuff on eBay even though they are prepared to do a deal anyway.
Likewise marketing is best done a couple of weeks before the event not on the eve of it!

I have a couple of people sucking their hair and scratching their teeth.
What might help them to decide would be if members were to mail in their wants and desires to motivate others to search behind the clocks on their mantlepieces and objectively decide whether they're going to ever do anything with that pile of woodworm ridden treasure they haven't looked at for years.

From the feedback I'm getting from individuals, in a fortnight we should have a packed event. I for one will be gluing a coin slot on my granny's forehead and a price tag on her arm.

This could become a yearly event or it could be just a one off, the outcome is in the hands of you guys.

mr merrivale

Post by mr merrivale »

I will see you there. Sounds like it is going to be a great day. My wanted list is on this site already.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

As it's a week tomorrow I thought I'd describe in advance what's going to happen and how.

When the large roller shutter door opens you'll be faced by a concreted floored area with a large U shaped tabled area.
It will be split into areas, each containing everything at a set price. For example, the first few tables will contain everything at £1. Subsequent tables will contain things at higher prices.

You will find plastic carriers to use into which you place your purchases, take a different bag when you move onto different prices. By the time you arrive at the checkout you should be carrying several bags each containing a number of items, but of prices common to each bag.

It's up to you not to mix up the contents, if you do, then everything in that bag will be charged at the highest price item. So it's to your advantage to carefully control what you're doing. There should be no need for anyone to be asking prices but it doesn't mean you can't.

Depending on how many are wanting attention at the same time there will be a couple or three of us available to help and advise. Before 2.00pm we'll expect you to only buy what you need of items of restricted numbers like escalators/JPs/Cash boxes etc. This is to let everyone get a chance however we shall allow individuals to buy bulk, or all that we have of an item after 2.00pm, but don't expect much of a discount.

At the checkout each of your bags will be emptied and priced, if you haven't brought your own bags to transfer your treasures to, then there will be large paper bags you may avail yourselves off and Tuff Crates you may purchase. Don't damage the plastic bags you've been using they may need to be used again.

All transactions are cash, no cards. The BBQ will offer burgers etc, canned drinks and will be set up just outside and a couple of kettles will be on constant boil.

Regarding trade tables, I have been promised three attendees, however nobody has sent me a list yet of what they're bringing, so we'll have to wait and see. Those of you who know me should be assured that I've always been straight and reliable, I have never promised Bryans Bumpers etc that at the last moment fail to materialise ...... so if I hear anything before next Sunday I'll announce it.
At the moment all I can confirm is that I have been told there will be three tables containing big items not part of The Spares Sale.

I look forward to seeing you there.
Have a great day.
Be careful when browsing you don't want to get confused while carrying your own bag and the ones carrying your intended purchases.
Familiarise yourself with the T&Cs on the website https://jeremyclapham.wixsite.com/spares-event

And do make yourself known to us.

:didact:

lol_penny

Post by lol_penny »

Hello Badpenny
You said to mention wants in advance of Sundays sale. I am looking for a complete Watling Rol-A-Top mechanism on any denomination. I know that there are very few Watling mechanisms about. I would be willing to pay around £500 - £600 if the mechanism is complete and the escalator works. It will be easy to find me on Sunday. I will be the guy wearing a wanted watling mechanism sign stuck to my chest.
Thanks, any help greatly appreciated, Lol (Laurence)
cheeky

Post by cheeky »

Oh, how jealous am I. I was hoping to be there but alas, I had ankle surgery on Wednesday and that's put paid to any plans I have of joining you all. I hope that there aren't any Sega Bell 1d escalators (proper ones) for sale. I needed two but I'll have to wait until the next auction. Such is life!

Please take loads of photos/videos. I would love to spend Monday morning in tears.

Whatever you find, buy, regret not buying, I hope you all a have a wonderful day. See you at the Coventry auction later this year, assuming there is one.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Yes there will be a Coventry Auction, as usual, we haven't let you down yet.

Back to this Sunday, we now have machines confirmed …….

Mills Hi Top good working order
Sega Hi Top restoration project, but working order
Mills Poinsettia project, but working
Aristocrat Kingsway Crazy
Mini Sega
Bolands Brooklands in good working order
Wonders Coppadropper
Safari Allwin
Firmans Pushapenny
Mills Hi Top in good working order
Easy Push
French Allwin
Greyhound Stadium/Caille
Tippa Copper

A fine selection of desirable collectables and projects.
There could be more, and they could be yours!
cheeky

Post by cheeky »

You’re bringing tears to my eyes already. Thank goodness there will be an auction later this year. I will be there and nowhere else God willing.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Yesterday we started building the racking and laying it all out. Thinking we were being a bit prompt and could have done it very early Sunday morning we were in for a shock.
Friday mid afternoon and we're still not finished …… Gulp!

radiochrissie

Post by radiochrissie »

I will be going to this, there are parts that I have been after for years. One thing that concerns me, if 500 people all turn up at 11 a.m :shock: how will you control access ?I will be there early so this worries me !!UHOH!!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I shan't be controlling access.
The horse shoe of tables will be entered from the right, the value of the items will be low to high right to left.

So queue that side of the roller door and sharpen your elbows.

dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

I want to wish everyone who will go to deby tomorrow a very nice day! I hope you have your wives preparerd about all the pieces you will take back home :D . If there is any money left in your wallet maybe you buy some flowers for her on the way back home.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Anyone keeping back any money tomorrow to waste on flowers will be drummed out of "The Slotty Boys' Day Out Club".

Ask yourself where nearly all of the stems sold here ... err, stem from ... ? That's Right Hollandland!
dutchboy has a vested pocket interest. !PUZZLED!

dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Bp, you don’t know how close you are with that.... i’m offerd by a member here to see for some parts tomorrow !!THUMBSX2!!
special when lit

Post by special when lit »

Just got back from the sale. Only bought a couple of small bits, a jackpot glass & 6d badge for my Hi-Top, but the venue is only 10 mins away from me, so quite pleased with what I got.
Looked like there were a lot of useful spares & a few nice machines for sale, too. There was a very nice allwin I would have liked, but it was already sold. :(
tammy

Post by tammy »

How did the sale go today please.
Sadly for me at the first looks, for me being all vintage bandit parts was not worth me going as i havent any one arm bandits yet. Also to me the advertising seemed to be a little hard to find as i missed the fact of the later machines and bandits which would have made me go. I only saw them in the middle of the afternoon today sadly. The poinsettia i would have liked to see as i am after an old bandit preferably a roman head one.
I think the trouble with the forum lists is they is such a lot of past imfo (which is good) but makes it hard to follow were to find new comments editions etc.
it was the advantage when we had a vintage slot machine magazine.
However well done to all putting it on and thankyou for your hard work.