Autofruit hornswoggle from Supershotbattymanbor

Videos of vintage slot machines in action.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Autofruit hornswoggle from Supershotbattymanbor

Post by pennymachines »

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Autofruit hornswoggle from Supershotbattymanbor

Post by badpenny »

They were blighters back then!

BP dirtdog
special when lit

Post by special when lit »

Love these old EM machines, I've got an earlier version of Autofruit.
DSCF0669.JPG

moonriver

Post by moonriver »

The bookies are still fiddling it with FOBT roulette in much the same way, except the difference nowadays is the bet on each game can be up to £1000 a spin, not a shilling! In exactly the same way punters can watch all their numbers come up when NOT playing live and then 'just miss' when they do, with carefully pitched bonus wins along the way to keep a mug hooked.

The government has finally decided to take action after allowing them ten years of reducing punters to financial ruin, and tie them down to £2 a spin in line with arcades (but controversially has allowed bookies two years to think of a cunning plan around the issue).
brigham

Post by brigham »

BOTH of these Autofruits differ from mine.
Is there enough interest in these machines to compile a survey of existing examples, which could possibly lead to a comprehensive catalogue of this company's products?
special when lit

That would be a good idea, there seems to be a lack of information about Jamiesons machines.
I think one of the family is a member on here.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

As you mention, we had a visit from the oldest grandson of the late Arthur Jamieson, but additional to what can be found here, there's quite a bit of info out there about Jamieson Automatics Ltd. Stuart Dale wrote a two part history of the company in Mechanical Memories Magazine Issues 75-76. Then there's ‘Our Ian’ – Ian Jamieson by Joyce Todd Part 1 and Part 2 (Coin-Op Community, 31/08/11 & 05/10/11), The Jamieson's Collection (Stuart Dale's & Coppinpr's combined efforts), and a fairly extensive listing of games on the Arcade History database.

Having said that, a comprehensive catalogue of the company's products on this site is missing, and as that's a prime objective of pennymachines.co.uk, I'm in favour of it! !!THUMBSX2!! We don't need to reinvent the wheel though. The Museum was created exactly for this purpose. As a start, I've posted your Autofruit to the Museum, Special, (under your username). I would encourage all site members (and none members) who have good pictures of these games to do likewise. I've also created a Jamieson Automatics manufacturer's page which will link back to all Jamieson examples in the Museum.

I should also mention that because there's already an example of a particular British game in the Museum is no reason not to submit another. As the listings are alphabetical, such 'duplicates' will appear next to each other, making side-by side comparisons easy.
special when lit

!!THUMBSX2!!